The dumbest thing you done in game....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wheato

Premium Member
Accidentally shouting a follower off the edge of a mountain in the middle of a fight by accident made me laugh, but it is quite a dumb thing to do.

Jaeger

Stopped when the stupid bandit asked me to stop while he was on his knee. He sprang up and killed me in one shot. Got a third-person camera view to have a good look at my character being stabbed in the stomach. And I was at full health too... That's why I never stop when they beg me to stop.

Not the knee, that fateful day...for Shorr!

Jaeger

Oh, thinking I could kill a giant in a cave for one the bounty missions. I already killed several with my Breton necromancer by standing on the rocks. But, in the cave...no such rocks. Instead of knocking me into next week, he splattered me. Anybody know of a way for a Mage can take the giant in the cave?

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Spending ages trying to jump up a steep mountain face by repeatedly tapping jump... only to realise the path was right next to it :/

Backtracking while attacking two mammoths, only to walk back into two more lol

I have done that so many times it sucks.

The dumbest thing I've ever done was with my Assassin. A blood dragon lands right next to me and instead of running (I'm mainly an archer with little speced into one handed) I didn't I kept on swinging at the dragon. It died, and I barely lived. My first blood dragon, and it makes me so thrilled for the ancient dragons to come out and play.

ill wil

While on my way to whiterun for the first time, "hey, that giant isn't showing up as a red dot on my compass, I think I'll run up and try to talk to him..."
lol...only to get booted away.

Perchta

second day playing i'm in the whistling mine and having some cool conversations...then i see a book. i of course decide to read it, but instead of putting it back, i accidentally steal it. right in front of two miners. i go straight to my inventory to see if i can drop it (i've been such a law abiding adventurer so far), and can't remember which one it is!! panicked, i take off running, out the mine and straight into a guard. i died, only to find that leaving the mine means i saved, and now at a VERY low level with barely any weapons or potions, i have to commit my first murders or reload the beginning of the game...(sigh)

Lord Helmos

I just finished the Wabbajack quest and I wanted to play around with my new toy. So I'm going towards a bandit hideout and see one of them raining arrows down on me. I circle strafe around the tower to get a good shot, charge the staff and then fire one of those glowing red balls of random doom.

So as the shot is flying through the air, Aela thinks it might be a good idea to run in front of it and pull out her bow. The shot hits her and... she turned into a sweetroll.

This is taking into account that she was wearing my Saviors Hide, the Shield of Ysgrammor, and had my Dawnbreaker. Yeah, so... I didn't think she could actually die. Nope, I was definitely wrong.

I ate that sweetroll before reloading my game btw.

Perchta

I just finished the Wabbajack quest and I wanted to play around with my new toy. So I'm going towards a bandit hideout and see one of them raining arrows down on me. I circle strafe around the tower to get a good shot, charge the staff and then fire one of those glowing red balls of random doom.

So as the shot is flying through the air, Aela thinks it might be a good idea to run in front of it and pull out her bow. The shot hits her and... she turned into a sweetroll.

This is taking into account that she was wearing my Saviors Hide, the Shield of Ysgrammor, and had my Dawnbreaker. Yeah, so... I didn't think she could actually die. Nope, I was definitely wrong.

I ate that sweetroll before reloading my game btw.

AAAAAAHHAAAHHAA! I bet she was delicious!

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
second day playing i'm in the whistling mine and having some cool conversations...then i see a book. i of course decide to read it, but instead of putting it back, i accidentally steal it. right in front of two miners. i go straight to my inventory to see if i can drop it (i've been such a law abiding adventurer so far), and can't remember which one it is!! panicked, i take off running, out the mine and straight into a guard. i died, only to find that leaving the mine means i saved, and now at a VERY low level with barely any weapons or potions, i have to commit my first murders or reload the beginning of the game...(sigh)
sheathing your weapon will give you the option of going to jail or paying a fine. I've killed some people then turned around and surrendered to the guards cause it was worth the 1k fine...

Perchta

sheathing your weapon will give you the option of going to jail or paying a fine. I've killed some people then turned around and surrendered to the guards cause it was worth the 1k fine...
: ] yeah i found that out later. i think that was the first time i ever felt guilt while playing a game...

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
: ] yeah i found that out later. i think that was the first time i ever felt guilt while playing a game...
lol, I'm sure stuff like that has happened to all of us. Like trying to play an honest character and going try to talk to a shop keeper and accidentally take the big ol piece of armor sitting on the counter right in front of his face.
<-
Other times I pick something up I swear had white font and not the red and I still commit a crime

Arlais

Not actually handing over any of my gear before a certain party I was to crash. Then being mobbed and frantically trying to brawl while in a festive suit, and getting turned into mincemeat and having to reload from like 30 minutes earlier.

If you're not fit to do any combat without any of your gear ... hand it over before you let the dude at the tavern go. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Perchta

lol, I'm sure stuff like that has happened to all of us. Like trying to play an honest character and going try to talk to a shop keeper and accidentally take the big ol piece of armor sitting on the counter right in front of his face.
<-
Other times I pick something up I swear had white font and not the red and I still commit a crime
the funniest part, was that my daughter was sitting next to me when it happened.. she jumps up and yells, "give him his book back mommy that's not yours!" (she's 4)