• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ilya

Article Writer
    Shade rolled her eyes and thought to herself, If I only had a septim for every time I heard such frivolous remarks... "It is information I seek. Who is the cloaked man that just walked out, and what do you know of this 'endeavor' he spoke of?" her eyes narrowed as she awaited his response.

"Why, i believe that man just offered me 10,000 septims for some swordsplay." That said, Harrold drew his sword, the rippling black steel with the red shade in it.

Ilya

Article Writer
    "My, what a magnificent weapon you have there! I trust you know how to use it well?" she said slyly. "With 10,000 septim on the table, I'm sure it will be no easy feat! What exactly is it that he asked you to do?"

"Don't know yet. I thought Heartsbane here liked an opportunity for blood. I indeed am very good with my weapon..." Harrold smiled.

-On a carriage just outside Solitude-

"We've almost arrived, sir." The carriage driver spoke roughly over his shoulder at the passenger in the back through the cold night breeze. "The payment will be 50 septims. You should be glad we didn't run into any bandits, I've heard there have been quite a few around these parts lately." The older man smiled slightly as he urged his horse forward.

The night was quiet; almost too quiet. Solitude sat in the distance like a beautiful statue that Lucas might have read about in one of his children's books. But that was far behind him, and he was allowing himself to become distracted. "Oh, yes, 50 septims," Lucas pulled a pouch from his belt and dug around inside through the clinking gold coins, "here you go." Lucas felt strange about his relationship with this man. They had traveled together all the way from Windhelm, but these were the first words they had shared with each other since their departure.

The cart came to a sudden stop just outside the city gates. The guards didn't make a move, standing like cold statues in the night. The driver said something about having arrived, but Lucas' mind was focused on other, more complex thoughts. "Er thanks," Lucas paused, feeling awkward, "thanks for the ride." He hopped off of the carriage and on to the freezing, stone floor. He longed to feel the cold, but his body betrayed him.

Lucas entered the gates and stared down the city street for a moment. It was nearly poetic, the beauty of it. Lights danced in front of his eyes, and music came from somewhere. It reminded him of his mother teaching him to sing and play the lute. But that was just a distraction now. The music was coming from the inn, just to his left. He began walking toward it slowly, trying not to make eye contact with the few people wandering the streets at this hour.

On his way in the door, Lucas noticed a shady looking character and an older Redguard walking out together. He looked away from them, hoping that they wouldn't see his face. It was nearly silent in the bar, and just nearly as empty. There was a small group sitting around a table who gave him an odd look as he entered and another two at the bar, one very obviously flirting with the other. Lucas laughed to himself a bit, Hm, he's much too forward for that young dumer's tastes.

Then he saw it. In the corner sat a figure, but it wasn't a man; not exactly. Lucas could see, through the darkness caused by the hood, a pair of amber eyes. It was one of his kind, a vampire. Lucas could very nearly feel the other's presence on his skin. I have no need to be anywhere near this one. Lucas' mind was racing. No doubt another vampire would be unhappy to share the blood supply of this city. Nothing good will come. Perhaps I should leave. Lucas made a quick decision. He patted himself, acting as if he had suddenly realized he had forgotten something important, then made his way out the door; back into the night.

AtomicDonut

Olaf followed Daran outside, itching for the adventure. While the others went on the cart ride, he decided to take his own transportation, for Olaf trusted nobody but his friends. When the cart was almost out of sight, Olaf shouted into a group of trees outside Solitude. "Saber, come." Olaf whispered into the bushes. His saber cat walked out of the foliage and Olaf mounted. They did not ride close to the cart, but watched from far behind. As the cart stopped, so did Olaf. He dismounted and pointed to a group of trees. Saber slouched over and plopped himself down in the bushes. Olaf waited next to him, watching the group.

OOC: Sorry I wasn't on for a few days, my town had some firework shows and I went to watch. :)

Ilya

Article Writer
    Shade sat and studied the man in an effort to determine if there was something he was holding back. Meanwhile another man entered. She hardly took notice, however, because he left just a quickly as he came. Not being able to come to any solid conclusions she said to the Imperial, "My name is Shade. Here's a few septims for your time!". With that, she got up from the bar and studied the table where one of the men placed a map. Not being able to get a glimpse of anything worth noting she headed for the door in an attempt to find the cloaked man, Kir.

As she stepped into the cool night air, she took a deep breath and began to formulate a plan. Where to begin... she wondered. Shade wasn't overly thrilled about continuing her search in the pouring down rain, but decided things could, undoubtably, be worse. Pulling her hood up tight around her face she trotted off towards the main gates. She'd start with the gaurds.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    As Kir sat in the cart with Daran he lost himself in his thoughts. He thought of the young Breton he had passed, "A vampire. He hides it very well, but he shouldn't act so withdrawn. It may attract more attention than it deflects. And two vampires in Solitude? What are the odds?" However his thoughts did turn to the Dark Elf, her eyes and her demeanor. "Thinking about the lass weren't you?" Daran said interuppting his thoughts. "What if I was?" Daran chuckeled and said, "No its good. You've been so doom and gloom lately. Why didn't you talk to her if you liked her?" Kir rolled his eyes, "Number one, we have a small window to get the gem. Number two, I looked into her eyes, I saw what type of woman she is, I saw pain." Kir frowned, "No, a woman like that does not trust easily. But she does have a kind heart behind that armor. This is why the Imperial will no doubt strike out." Daran raised and eyebrow laughing. "Enlighten me." Kir again rolled his eyes, "She is pained from the past. Much like me and has little trust for even those she is familiar. She also has no tolerance for fools or overconfidence. A woman like that you do not be bold with. A woman like that you do not chase, she chases you if she has intrest." Daran laughed, "Damn boy, sometmes I forget how well you are at reading people. Maybe she likes you." Kir punched his foster father on the arm. "I never admitted anything...this is all I will ever confess too, and that's she had beautiful eyes. Now be quiet old man."

They rode in silence for about an hour before Kir sensed it. "We are being followed." Daran nodded without looking around, "I know. Just one person, mounted it seems, Not a horse though." They arrived at the crossroads and disembarked. "You know what to to do, I'll head back to the keep and prepare. Be safe and don't worry I believe we were followed by one of our new friends." Daran smiled and headed along the old forgotten path, while Kir headed in the direction of Falkreath.

Kir the Silent

Meanwhile In A Dark Alley In Solitude
    "He's left the city, now is the time to strike." The Emissary, pulled his blood-red robe closer. "It seems he may have also enlisted aid from some nobody, adventurers and mercenaries. You, take a small group of four and enter the tavern. I will seal it off with magic. They won't be able to escape and no one outside will hear the noise." He looked to the largest one, "But you and the other ten will head after that damnable Bosmer. Remember, the master doesn't want to recognize the corpse." The Emissary chuckled darkly as the dark minions went on their way. Five head for the tavern, the rest out the gates. Onelone guard patrolled the streets and approached the largest. "Hey what are you lot up to-" The blood drained from his face, "What are yo-" The largest figure grabbed his head and squeezed. Crinching and squishing was heard from inside the guards helm, before his lifeless corpse dropped with a thud. The Emissary shuddered, and they can do that with their bare hands.

Lucas wandered the streets of Solitude alone, weighing the risks of feeding tonight in his head. He hadn't had human blood in what seemed like weeks. It had began to rain, but the bitter chill it would have brought to a normal person did not seep into his undead bones. What he wouldn't give to feel the coldness of Skyrim's air... or the warmth of a woman's kiss. He was getting distracted again. He had nearly walked into a guard.

"No lollygagging." The guard blurted in a seemingly uncontrollable fashion. He tapped the hilt of his sword at his belt and continued walking a few steps. Then, Lucas heard something. The guard had apparently heard it too because he went running hastily in the direction of the noise.

It was an odd sort of noise. It made Lucas fiercely uncomfortable but also instinctively curious. But whatever it was, it definitely came from the direction of the gates. Don't go Lucas. You could use this opportunity to feed. It would be delicious, you know. Lucas debated inside his mind for a few moments. Whatever it is, it couldn't be all that interesting... or educational. But then again... His curiosity got the better of him and he turned on the spot.

He began to whistle a tune as he walked slowly back toward the gates.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle was really excited for his new adventure. He immediately left the tavern. He was walking towards the gates thinking Maybe there will be foes to face and treasure to loot. hopefully it isn't a long walk. Before Lyle could react he bumped right into a whistling Man . Lyle fell but the man was still standing. " Sorry, I wasn't paying attention" Said Lyle rubbing his head sitting on the ground. Lyle noticed how cold it got. Probably just the rain He thought.

Ilya

Article Writer
    "Excuse me sir!" she called out to one of the gaurds as she strode up to the gate. "Looks like you two are going to need a drink after standing here in the rain all night!" she said. "What is it you need, miss?" "Information, as usual, my friend!" she said with a slight bow. "Have you seen anyone boarding a carriage as of late?" fiddling with her coin purse for a few septims as she spoke. "Particularly 2 men? One about my height with a tattoo around his right eye....and the other an older gentleman?" "There were 2 men that came through a bit ago...took a carriage to..er..uh...I don't know, somewhere south I think." he said with blatant confusion. Shade let out a disappointed sigh and offered up the coin anyway. "Thanks again...for being truthful if nothing else!" she said with a warm smile.

Now what...? she thought to herself. Back to square one. Deciding it'd be best to sleep on it, she found a place to make camp outside of the city and called it a night.

Kir the Silent

Meanwhile, five figures moved silently into the Winking Skeever unseen and observed the remaining member of the group. The leader stopped them, "Not now. We are missing some of their number. We will wait until they are all together with the others and then slay them all at once." They left the building unseen and disappeared. The Emissary shrugged, "I don't care how it gets done just do it!" He was left to his thoughts. "Soon the only real threat to my master will lie dead and his allies too, just to be sure." He laughed darkly before he muttered a spell and disappeared. The large dark figure and his followers made there way outside the city gates. Heading in the direction of Kir and Daran. Unknowingly theypast by a small makeshift camp just outside the city. Perhaps they did know, they just didn't care. They had their target and blood would be spilled this night...

Ilya

Article Writer
    Shade could see her father struggling once again. She sat and watched, as she always did, while her father danced around desperately trying to put out the flames that melted his skin. His cries of agony were vivid, and her nose stung with the smell of charred flesh. She couldn't cry out if she wanted to. Everything was too much for her to bare...she was helpless.

Voices pulled her from her dreams, mixed with the soft trickle of the rain that was finally beginning to stop. She lay still in the rickety shelter she had quickly thrown together feeling rather vulnerable. I should've spent the extra time in making a better camp. She thought to herself. Cursing herself for not taking her time she silently rolled onto her back and placed her hands on her weapons, ready to pounce on a moments notice. She could hear them getting closer and from the sounds of it. She guessed their numbers to be greater than the previous band of theives she had ran into the night before.

Shade caught bits and pieces of a conversation as they passed. One talking about some valuable treasure, and the other rambling about disfiguring a body. It was all too intriguing for her to pass up. Perhaps Kir can wait. She thought with a resigned sigh. Waiting until the group was far enough away, she got up and readied herself for the road.

Lucas was letting his mind wander again; pondering theories and questions no one would ever bother to ask, when he ran into something. Damn, I've got to pay more attention. It was a person. The man sat on the ground in front of Lucas, and they looked eachother over. The man on the ground offered an apology and shivered slightly.

"No, no," Lucas faked a smile in his direction, "it was my fault. I'm deeply sorry, I should have been watching the road." He quickly looked away from the man. All of this had distracted him from the reason he had come here. There was nothing, or no one around aside from himself and the man still sitting on the ground. There seemed to be no cause to the strange comotion that he very clearly heard earlier. Hm, how odd. Lucas let his hunger get the best of him for a moment, and he eyed the vulnerable man in front of him again, a menacing feeling flowing over him. No, Lucas, not in public. You should leave. He quickly began walking toward the gates, without another word or another look in the man's direction, and slipped into the shadows.

---

There was a fire. Just outside the city limits, Lucas could see smoke rising from behind some trees. He hoped that it was a group of sleeping bandits. His hunger was nearly consuming all of his thoughts now. He ached.

Lucas began running, almost in an animalistic way, toward it. He could smell his prey now. His skin crawled with anticipation. And then he saw her: the young Dunmer woman from before. She was alone, sleeping in a small makeshift camp. She looks... delectable. Lucas began walking toward her, fangs ready.

But then she turned over, and he looked upon her beautiful face. Its lovely features were scrunched up as if trying to erase horrible images from her eyes. And she was tossing in her sleep, letting out a small whimper every now and then. Lucas sunk back into the shadows, hesitating. He couldn't do it. She was already in pain. He watched her for a long moment, and then voices could be heard from the road.

They had aparently roused Lucas' young, would-be victim out of her sleep because she was up in a flash and seemed to get ready to move even faster. Lucas watched her leave and sighed. Well, best be finding another way to feed. Lucas turned and made his way back toward the small farm outside Solitude. If I don't feed by morning, I may completely lose myself.

Kir the Silent

"We...are watched...You, go kill the worm. We have more important things to worry about." One of the dark figures broke off of the large group and circled through the woods along the road. It stealthly slid up behind a crouching figure in a makeshift camp, a female. But it also noticed a male. There was something odd about it however he looked frail and quickly left the area. So it again turned It's attentioned to the femal. It was careful to stay downwind as to not let his scent alert her. He silently drew a blood-red axe from his dark robes, careful not to touch the armor hidden beneath to alert the mortal. As he prepared to strike, the wind shifted in her direction.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle got up and dusted himself off." He seems to be in a hurry" said Lyle speaking to no one in particular. He continued his walk towards the gate. He walked out into the wilderness known as Skyrim. He saw a small fire not far, and decided to go see what it was. He sneaked up too the camp right behind a dark figure, wearing robes. Lyle tapped the figure on the shoulder. " Is this woman a Bandit?" asked Lyle curiously. He then noticed the figure he was talking had his weapons drawn. Lyle guessed it was for hostile reasons. " Are you a bounty hunter?" Asked Lyle trying to figure out what this man was doing. Lyle slowly backed away from the man who didn't seem wanting to be bothered. That was stupid why did I do that? He probably is hunting a bandit to make gold to feed his family. Lyle started knocking on his head chastising himself.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    OOC Lyle is extremely curious. If you ignore him he will certainly go away. OOC

Kir the Silent

Another mortal male touched him. He ignored it and it's incessant speech. He had his orders kill the dark female, then the other mortal started to leave. He had no doubt the dark mortal would catch his scent on the wind at any moment and this male may have ruined his chance while the furry male had his back turned. The dark figure pulled a dagger from it's concealed sheath and hurled it at his back before turning to strike down the dark mortal female. He swung the axe in an arch heading for her throat as it's dagger flew for the male...it was already savoring the two kills...

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle was halfway to the road when a Dagger pierced his skin. He fell to the ground gasping for air. He pulled the knife out and started to bleed profusely. He let the blood run through his finger tips. He stood and fell again. He felt cold and couldn't breathe. He blacked out knowing he might never awake.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts