• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Wait, we can kill them? Blackdoom, you just killed one of the fighters. We have blunted, dull practice weapons and arrows. I dont think were actually gonna kill them... right?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Wait, we can kill them? Blackdoom, you just killed one of the fighters. We have blunted, dull practice weapons and arrows. I dont think were actually gonna kill them... right?

Wait wait wait, I knew the weapons were trash, but i didn't knew the swords weren't lethal. Am I really the only one who killed anyone so far?

Delusional

I honestly dont know. It was never specifically explained on exactly how we were going to incapacitate the enemies.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I was under the impression we were just kicking ass and taking names. Not killing them...Not like it matters with my character anyway. Lol.

But that should be established. Are we fighting to kill or just smacking them into next Tirdas?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Fluff it. I'm editing it to where they're not all Dark Elves.

BlackDoom, a low quality weapon can still do lethal damage, and Alleras seems to have no qualms with killing, but the sword going through the armour on the guy's shoulder? We're kinda fighting with crap weapons atm.

I've been away from the RP too long, sorry... my mind is remembering things that didn't happen :sadface:
    I never said he had armor on the shoulder, and you never mentioned they were all armored.

Staff member
    I was under the impression we were just kicking ass and taking names. Not killing them...Not like it matters with my character anyway. Lol.

But that should be established. Are we fighting to kill or just smacking them into next Tirdas?
    They do not HAVE to be killed. But there is nothing stopping it from happening. I went back and edited my original post a bit to give them some lethal melee weapons. But if you do kill, the evaluators are going to note it. They want us to wait for their command before killing, to let the crowd know that they have power and so that it is more dramatic and entertaining. Gladiators, you know? They won't care that you killed, just that you took some of their power away, or took away that dramatic flair.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!

They do not HAVE to be killed. But there is nothing stopping it from happening. I went back and edited my original post a bit to give them some lethal melee weapons. But if you do kill, the evaluators are going to note it. They want us to wait for their command before killing, to let the crowd know that they have power and so that it is more dramatic and entertaining. Gladiators, you know? They won't care that you killed, just that you took some of their power away, or took away that dramatic flair.

Well Garret is a thief...it makes sense he stole some of that power ;)

Staff member
    I honestly dont know. It was never specifically explained on exactlat how we were going to incapacitate the enemies.
    Our weapons are extremely low quality. Some of them are definitely dull. They can be lethal depending upon how they are used. They could certainly pierce skin and cut throats, but not cleanly. All arrows are blunt because evaluators want this portion to bemore about how we fight in the melee, instead of archers picking people off suddenly. We get live arrows in the arena.

Delusional

*cough*

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    *Snore*

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I can post again, all I need is a count on who is left on the veteran's side.

Staff member
    While we are in this period of inactivity, and before the story progresses too far, I'm going to revamp my CCs. Probably scrap the one for the emperor entirely. As long as that's okay with the rest of you

Delusional

Perfectly fine with me.

Staff member
    I've been agonizing over it for awhile now, and I took the CC opinions to heart with the "Just Guidelines" thing. Got me thinking about exactly what kind of characters I want them to be. And I read a few books, which got my mind wandering even more.

Staff member
    Definitely decided to scrap the CC for the Emperor. Made some chages to Gidian's. Skadi's is good for now. I decided the Emperor will be a mysterious figure for now, obviously still with a lot of unknowns. But we will deal with him when and as we get to him, and build his character more naturally.

Staff member
    I've also decided to use Gidian's history in the CC as largely a guideline, instead of set in stone. Most if not all of the aspects of it will almost certainly remain present, however.