• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    He hums to himself ever so slightly, so that only he may hear, whilst he strides into the tavern that is the Bannered Mare. The warm center of such a hearty city.
    Ysarth removes his elven helm and tucks it under his arm
    'o to the winter she dances
    in a whisp of a white dress
    look lo she prances
    upon a pony of much bless'
    He scans the tavern seeing the usual mixed visages of gaiety mixed with dreariness, a flush of warmth greets his face as he smiles and his green-amber eyes glow like coals of some vibrant forest in the spring. His fingers rub the pommel of his shortsword bathed in flame and his back relaxes the weight of his armour. He accounts for the fallen chairs and tables, which is common in taverns, but he also notices a mist within the tavern. A mist he has not tasted in months. Fear.

Envii

A jolt of pain rushes through the wound in his stomach and he doubles over clutching his waist. His eyes flash upwards and lock with Belroth's..an angry and pained look steals over his face and his eyes turn to slits Its none of your business! He Lashes out ferociously. his eyes return to normal almost instantly and he shakes his head as if to clear it and falls back into his chair clutching his waist and consumed by a bout of coughing Its...its nothing stranger...This matter is of no concern to anyone

"That wound.....That could of only be inflicted by- I can't say his name here. Too many spies." Belroth picked up a knocked over seat from the ground and sat down. "Two more meads over here, waitress!"

Envii

Wiping away a stream of blood from his mouth he struggles to his feet a and falls into the chair the man is offering to him. Who could this stranger be? what did he know? And who was he talking about that was so terrible he could not say his name aloud. "speak stranger" said addvar once he had recovered himself

"Not here. Not now. Come up to my room. We'll speak there." Belroth downs the last of his mead and stands up, slightly knocking the table. He then continued up to his room, and waited for the wounded man to follow.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Of course, Ysarth expected the usual toil and arguing of drunk Nords, but the unusual pair mulling in an apart side of the tavern made him focus his hearing on them whist seating himself.
    'An elf, eh? You should know the Thalmor's kin are not welcome in taverns.'
    Ysarth turned to face the visage of a thick-set Nord and likely with a thick skull to match. His eyes were glazed and staring with judgement into Ysarth's own and his beard was decorated with amber jewels of ale and a smell of dead fruits left in the sun too long.
    'Let me buy you another tankard, my friend. Your own seems a little...lacking.'
    A grin sprung from the sagging cheeks and lips of the blonde man and he patted Ysarth on the shoulder, as if he were a friend from a long time passed.
    'Well, there is not much hate here, elf. I've always liked you pointed-eared fellows anyway.'
    And the man sunk away into himself, barely balancing on his bar stool, his eyes following their home path to the golden liquid that filled his mug. Ysarth called the barmaid over, ordering the Nord's drink. She returned from pouring the ale and Ysarth grabbed her wrist ever so slightly.
    'Pardon me, sister, but is there any news doing the rounds from sober mouths?'
    The auburn woman crumpled her forehead into a frown, most likely at the assertiveness of Ysarth and the unusual poetry in which he laced his words, however, she understood him nonetheless.
    'Oh my friend', she bent slightly forward so she could speak in a softer tone. 'The Dark Brotherhood have not been sighted in weeks and the people are beginning to worry. They fear the brotherhood is gathering forces in plan for some massive butchering. There is this constant edgy feel to my customers. I think it's those fanged friends of ours. No one mentions them aloud, oh but you can see their fear. Then there's that young man who stumbles in here, collapsing at every piece of furniture. He probably scared the living Talos out of the matrons.'
    Ysarth nodded at the maiden and released her wrist gently. The two men in their corner had now made their way through the tavern to one of the bedrooms, and Ysarth shifted uneasily.
    '...and the damned wife kept saying to me 'you can go work in the fields all day and I can cook every meal, but you will grumble at every dinner we have', so I kicked her out the stead and told her to go sit at Balgruuf's feet, licking his boots like a welp if she is going to start being like that.'
    Ysarth sighed inside himself. Sitting next to a drunk Nord and watching the antics of two warriors with suspicious behaviour was not his idea of his first night back from Hammerfell.

Belroth opens his room door, lets Aadvar in, and sits down on the soft fur-skin bed. After Aadvar closes the door, Belroth asks "So, before we get down to the important stuff, I still don't know you're name. I'm Belroth; what's yours?"

Bropo

Consummate of Oration
    Doh'Sir enters the inn after arriving in Skyrim from Morrowind. He is extremely emaciated and proceeds to the counter. There he orders some milk and cooks his own meal comprising of potatoes, carrots, and horker-meat. He leans against the wall and begins to consume his long anticipated meal, hoping no guard comes to give him trouble after all his traveling he would not enjoy leaving so early.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn Telvayn walked into the Bannered Mare with the usual Telvanni arrogance. The barmaid rolled her eyes, and walked up to him. "What can I get for you, Master Telvayn?" She asked, her irritation obvious. "I'll have a glass of your finest wine, my dear, and make it quick." Oblivious to the frustration of the woman in front of him, Relyn strode past her and took a seat at one of the tables.

A minute later, the maid returned, wine in her hand. "Here you are, sir." Master Telvayn snatched the glass from her. "Bout damn time! I feel like I've been waiting forever." As the barmaid walked away fuming, Relyn looked around, and took a sip of his wine. "Oh, great. An Argonian," He mumbled to himself. "Just what I need."

Bropo

Consummate of Oration
    Doh'Sir slightly irritated at the arrogance of the Telvanni, he retreated to the back of the room. All his time in Skyrim had exposed him to the racism of the people all around and the superiority complex of the elves around these lands and his "homeland" of Morrowind as well....This however was a situation he COULD control. Amongst the safety of isolation in the rear of the tavern he cast a muffle spell and drank his invisibility potion that he had made earlier out of boredom and was the last spare he had after he sold 2 others to pay for his supplies for his most recent hunt.

He snuck back into the bar and waited for the barmaid to come close to the elf, he then tripped her into the elf and she landed in front of him spilling his recently purchased wine all over him. Doh'Sir nearly laughed so hard that he was close to being discovered. he took a key to a room from the woman and went to bed, leaving 10 septims on the dresser as well as the key as to not brind any "undesired" attention.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn was too late to get out of the way as the barmaid tripped. Standing up, the front of his robes soaked with wine, he began to berate the woman. "Absolute idiot! Leave it to a Nord to play the fool..." "Master, I didn't mean-" She began to respond. "Well of course you didn't mean to! But it happened, and it is your fault. I'll tell you one thing, my dear, this tavern shall never again have the business of Master Relyn Telvayn!" He dramatically stormed out the door, making sure to play up his indignation as much as possible. This is why I don't leave the lab, he thought as he walked off into the night.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Ardin spotted the inn and a very irritated Dunmer. "Well somebody had a bad day." he thought as he walked in to bar maid picking herself up. " Let me give you a hand miss." He said as he was picking her up. "Thank you. that dunmer was quite rude." the barmaid said dusting herself off. "What I can I get you?" "I would like a room,food and drink please." He said as he dropped the coin purse on the bar. "coming right up. Here is your room key, and your drink. The food should only take a minute." Then the barmaid gave him a wink and trotted off.

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric calmly strolled into the Bannered Mare, as he opened up the closed door he was greeted by the fires of the pit and the warm laughter of the peasants who reside inside. "A mug of mead please miss." he asked nicely to the barmaid. she smiled and quickly gave him his order. He gave her a nice wink in returned as she blushed and began to served the other patrons. He glanced around looking firmly at some of the adventures in the Inn seeing nothing of particular interest he returned to sip his mead. While making sure he was concealed in his spot in the corner of the inn, he took out his Amulet of Talos and said a soft short prayer before tucking it back under his leather armor. "Talos preserve me" he whispered.

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    "Talos preserve us all," Kohl muttered, not in reply but more to himself as he heart the man's whisper. He walked over to an abandoned table, looking a bit bored but at home in the little inn. Something in the place felt ... wrong. Fear, he thought. But what is everyone afraid of? A bit troubled, he turned back and walked over to the bar, sitting down there instead and waiting for a/the barmaid to walk over.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Barnan trudged into the Tavern,his hood and cloak wavering in the cold air as he was met with the warm,crisp air of the inn. He smirked under his black bandana (see the link below for more of his image if this is too confusing) wrapped around his mouth,as he saw the man in the corner,whispering a prayer to himself. He walked over to the bar and sat next to a man who appeared to be curious by the other man whom was praying. He sat quietly and was approached by the Barmaid. "Would you like anything sir?" She asked,giving him a warm smile as she did most customers. He shook his head softly,continuing to stare off into nowhere,thinking.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Character Profiles[/URL] ^^^^^^^-----Character Card

Falcion opened the door to the Bannered Mare, cold air blew in behind him. His long black hair sticking up like it did, he walked over to a table and sat down. His unique claymore, Shisha No Chi strapped to his back. He leaned back and waited for the barmaid to notice him. Not that it would be hard, by Imperial women standards he was quite attractive and tall. Measuring in at 5'10, he was taller than most Imperial men, tanner to for that matter. Traveling in Hammerfell, and Valenwood does have it's perks. When he finally caught the barmaids attention, she walked over. "Can I get you anything?" Falcion smiled and spoke kindly. "Just some ale, and a hot meal. Soup is fine." She nodded and walked away. Giggling could be heard from the kitchen from several barmaids peaking through the door. The girl returned several minutes later with his meal and ale. "Here you go." He nodded, and paid for his meal, the barmaid spoke again. "Um, your not from around here, are you?" Falcion took and sip of ale. "No, I am not. I am from Cyrodiil, but excuse me miss. Not to be rude or disrespectful, but I have had quite a long trip. Would you mind leaving me for awhile? We can talk later if you wish." He said in the most kindest tone he could. The woman blushed, and looked down. "Oh, as you wish." She turned and walked away, Falcion went back to his meal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts