• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

blue 468

Aenar looked at Valrin and smiled it was rare for people who hated the stormcloaks as much as him to trust a Nord. "I would be happy to have you join me" He replied while walking off

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin walked astride Aenar, surveying the gently rolling hills of the Tundra around them. As they walked in a radial path around Rorikstead Valrin asked a question that had been nagging at him since Aenar volunteered to fight with them, "So, why does a Nord such as yourself so readily volunteer to fight his own contrymen?"

blue 468

Aenar answered right away it was an easy question to answer. "because my father always told me that Skyrim should be a free land, and that all races should be able to call it home." Aenar stopped walking and said "I also believe that Ulfric must be stopped or the Thalmor will destroy everything" He then smiled and continued walking.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin nodded his approval of the statement, "Your father was a wise man," He looked out into the tundra searching for any incoming enemies. Then he continued, with a hint of bitterness in his voice, "I only wish others were the same." Valrin seemed to be lost in memories for a second, unpleasant ones by the look on his face, but then snapped out of it. He looked towards the rocks to the south and beconed to Aenar, "Come, we should get ready for the Stormcloaks. You are welcome to join me in the rocks if you wish." He set of towards them, stringing his bow.

Star Gazer

Isnar, with the help of his walking stick, had finally reached Rorikstead. The long journey from Riften would surely pay off once he sat down in the Frost-Fruit Inn and enjoyed a nice bottle of mead. Isnar stood in the road that ran through the small village, but something was wrong. The road was not littered with women and children that usually play during the day. There seemed to be a large commotion coming from the inn. Maybe a party. Thought Isnar, moving towards the inn. He opened the doors. At the sound of the door swinging open, everyone in the bar flinched, as if they were afraid of someone entering their bar. "What's going on?" The old man asked. "Isnar!" Called a boy from the other side of the inn. "Stormcloaks are coming to take us away!" Was all the boy could say before his mother clasped her hand over his mouth. Isnar looked into the fearful eyes of everyone in the inn, and realized that it was his job to defend this village, as it always has been. "No they will not. They'll have to get through me before they lay a finger on you." Isnar said, moving out to the street. The old man expected to be alone, but saw a few men. "Get in the bar. Don't you know that the storm cloaks are coming? Unless you want to die, take the women and children in the inn, and lead them to safety." A man in the group came out, standing in front of the rest. He ran to the inn, and shouted for them to get out of Rorikstead. The man led them out of the Frost-Fruit inn, and down the road.

blue 468

"sorry i'm not really that good with a bow" Aenar then walked back to Mack and tried to adjust his armor which was to big.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin shrugged, "Very well, know that I will have you covered from afar in the battle." He gave Aenar a small smile, the man seemed friendly and honorable and in their short conversation he had decided that Aenar was a good man to have fighting at his side. He went up the slope a ways and situated himself in a cluster of rocks. First he redied his bow, placeing it on the rock before him along with a few arrows, which he carefully coated with the many poisons he had strapped along his belt. Then He unsheathed Lokfyr, his magnificent Ebony longsword. After running a gentle finger down the blades edge to enshure it was still sharp he rested it up against the rock to enshure easy acess. Finally he set about bandaging his arrow wound, which he had forgoten about in all of the excitement. After tighly bandaging it he took a minor healing potion to help along the recovery. Then he waited for battle.

As Valrin waited he noticed a ancient looking old man who seemed to have just arrived slowly making his way towards the Imperial, Mack. While he was very old Valrin recognized him as a fighter. Hopefully he will aid us in the coming battle, he thought. If he did Valrin would be keeping a close eye on him to make shure he didn't get hurt, the man may be experienced, but age weakened the body.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Geran was with the crowd, he saw an old man trying to lead some people from safety. Geran stood next to him ''If a fight breaks out, I swear I will protect these people with my lives. No Stormcloak blade shall touch them today'' Geran helped the old man then called out ''Any able men to fight, join me, I wish to set an ambush for the scum up the road. We can't have them reach the village, who's with me?''

Geran un-sheathed his great sword, holding it to his side. Showing that he clearly was able bodied to protect the citizens from any fight.
    His yellow eyes glared, shining in the light.
    His pale skin was showing, currently Geran was wearing his leather armor and a hood to cover his hair.
    As he was usually called a Vampire due to his looks, but he was just a normal able bodied nord. Looking for some blood.

blue 468

Aenar was growing anxious he always hated the wait before a battle, it made his stomach crawl and made him nervous but he knew that once it started he would be find just like every other time. Aenar tried to talk to the men they had rounded up but they were as nervous as he was but he knew they would fight with honor like any true nord. He noticed a man making a scene yelling and unsheathing his sword Aenar muttered aloud "poor fool is probably scared that's why he's yelling to try to act tough" he smiled at the thought and continued waiting.

Mini Mongo

Geran stopped asking for volunteers, and turned at a man muttering about him. Staring directly at the man ''You should watch your tongue, like you I merely wish to protect this town. And you mutter behind my back? Why don't just you and me ambush them, no one else, I wish to see your skill as a warrior, I myself know their tactics. I fought as a Stormcloak, they will send a scout group of 5, let's go shed their blood. What do you say?''
    Geran was anxious, he didn't hit the man merely as he wished to prove he was the better man.
    Geran did not mutter under his breath about men, true nords who wished to take the fight to them.

Star Gazer

"You guys can go. I won't leave my people." Isnar said to the group. Isnar heard a horn blow, and saw a group of Stormcloaks on horses come towards the town. "Diplomats, don't fight. Let them say what they need to, then kill them." The Stormcloaks entered Rorikstead, riding up to the group. "This is Rorikstead? Pitiful little town. By law, it is forbidden for any non-nord to enter Skyrim without a signed permit. Hand over all non-nord citizens. Failure to comply will be punished with death." Said the man. He had his sword drawn, ready to cut down anyone who stood in his way. Isnar walked to the front of the group. "Turn your horses and leave my town." "Breton, this is your final warning. Stand down or be cut down."

Mini Mongo

Geran stood in front of the old man ''Leave this town now. I'm the governor here, my servant was merely protecting me, I'm a fellow stormcloak General such as yourself. A true nord, I was currently whipping these men and sending them to the mines and then you interrupt me? All these petty men and woman who are not nords serve me, cut one down and I shall inform Ulfric of your doing.'' Geran turned and winked at the old man and whispering ''Go with it.''
    Geran was feeling tense, if one man of the crowd was to say he was lying the Stormcloaks would charge and surely he would get hurt, maybe killed.
    Geran was tensing his fist, ready to kill the man who stood in front of him, at least a General would be dead then.
    Geran had a town behind him, he just hoped he was doing the right thing.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin tensed as the Stormcloaks entered the village. He aimed his bow carefully ready to shoot any man that made a hostile move. The newcomer nord seemed to be trying to talk the stormcloaks down. Valrin knew it wouldn't work. Stormcloaks were mercyless to all non-humans. He sat in wait, ready to shoot.

R'alle

young but able
    Mack spits on the ground. He looks at an Nord who claims to be a stormcloak higher up. He understands the man's intentions but they are strictly against Imperial code. He rather emerge victorious with honor instead of trickery. Mack stepped to the Nords side. He grabs the General and holds him as a shield with his sword at his throat.His face is emotionless. He looks at the other stormcloaks. "What's more important? This man or the village?" " I will kill this man if any of you move" " you will lose your supposedly honorable leader" "now drop your weapons and come forth." The stormcloaks didn't move. He spat on the ground."Fine" He then whistles signaling for Valrin to fire his first Barrage.

Mini Mongo

Geran un-sheaths his great sword and charges at one of the enemies on horse jumping and tackling him to the ground. Geran thumped the Stormcloaks head onto the ground several times, breaking the mans skull and causing severe bleeding ''haha one down!'' Geran then jumped on the horse and reered it up charging at one more.
    He swooshed his sword down knocking the imperial on his back, Geran then dismounted and went for a final blow down onto the Stormcloaks head, he then readied stood next to the man who had ruined his plans.
    ''Nice move, now we could die, do you know how many Stormcloaks their are. I shall stand by you brother, my name is Geran Dexti, I hail from Skyrim. But pelase next time wait for me to finish I was going to kill them, when they turned their backs.''
    Geran smiled at the man they faced back, ready for the Stormcloaks to charge.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Valrin smiles to himself, letting loose an arrow. The feathered missile sails through the air and hits a stormcloak in the center of the group. Valrin fires two more arrows in quick sucession after that, the first lodging in a mans throat, the second in anothers thigh. The latter man screamed in agony, slowly sliding to the ground as the poison Valrin had coated on the arrow took effect.

Standing up on the rocks he was sniping from, Valrin grabbed his blade Lokfyr, brandishing it above his head, "Charge!!!" he roared, giving the impression that there were more men than just him atop the hill.

R'alle

young but able
    A nord rushed at mack. He pushed the general at the man. The man fell to the ground with the general. Arrows flew at Mack. He hit the ground as quick as a rock. He was trained to withstand arrow barrages. He picked up the general and stood in front of Geran. "I'm sorry, but I wish to fight honorably, I now understand honor won't win everything." An arrow came at mack. Mack simply placed the general in front of the archer. The arrow pierced the general's stomach. All hell broke loose. The stormcloaks rushed Mack. He stabbed his imperial sword through the general's neck barely piercing a stomcloak's throat. He then let the sword go, as the bodies fell he drew 2 more imperial swords. It was a fury of blades as Mack spun nicking his enemy in their veins. He took 2 slashes to both of shoulders. As they bled Mack dodged an enemy's stabe attempt.

Mack swings his sword down cutting of the mans hand. As the man screamed Mack kicked him to the floor and let him bleed to death. Mack then took and arrow to the chest. The arrow pierced the robe and bounced on his leather studded armor underneath. Mack stuttered backwards. He looked at the archer and noticed him still. He looked closely and noticed 2 arrows. 1 in his eye and the other in his throat. Mack smiled "Valrin" He counted the men he killed. 7. he looked up and realized there was about 5 more. Mack rushed to the center of the village and awaited another wave.

Mini Mongo

Geran was inpatient and screamed charging into the lines and swung his sword with great fury cutting through two men, he then went to stab a man stopping him in the tracks. A Stormcloak then swung his sword at Geran piercing into his shoulder, he screamed out in pain and blocked a few more strikes, each one wouding him more.
    He could only see to 2 men left, Geran retreated with the man standing by his side. ''What are we waiting for? Kill one of them and take the other prisoner, we need information come on.''
    Geran tightened his grip on his sword, he was ready to charge, but he would follow the mans lead.
    Even if the wrong one, he seemed to be in charge here anyway.
    He waited for a barrage of arrows to come down, once again ruining his plan.
    If only these people could listen they might get somewhere, instead of acting like rogue bandits.

R'alle

young but able
    Mack looked at the 2 remaining stormcloaks.
    "kill the one on the right and I'll capture the one on the left"
    Before the nord could answer Mack sprinted towards the 2 men. He drew his sword and threw it at the stormcloak. It wasn't supposed to hit him just distract him enough so his nord friend can finish him. He sprinted towards the other stormcloak. He tackled the nord. He took of the stormcloaks helmet to see the woman's face. He pinned her and her throat with his left hand. With the other he punched her in the forehead. As she closed her eyes Mack rose. He pulled her up on his shoulder.

Mini Mongo

Geran acknowledged the man and charged behind him. He threw his sword distracting the stormcloak then Geran tackled him, punching him repeatedly until finally blood oozed from the helmet.
    It was a horrible sight but Geran was used to it, he then walked to the man and crouched leaning his arm on his knee, staring at the stormcloak then standing as he lifted her.
    He smiled ''The sight of the woman struggling was.........quite funny. We should kill them more often. When agreed upon'' he smiled then went to the man shaking his hand.
    ''My names Geran Dexti of Skyrim, you are who exactly?''