• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
If every single race in Tamriel was at war, what race would eventually win and therefore rule? No alliances, just province vs. province. The Altmer? They after all would have the deadliest mages one would think. No weapons as such to mass produce and strain the economy. They've tried before and nearly succeeded against an alliance. The Orcs? The fierce warrior tribes from the mountains. Physically imposing, fearless and brutal? Redguards of Hammerfell? Warriors in their own right. Masters of all types of weaponry and light on their feet. Bear in mind too, that they never actually surrendered in the great war but their victory came at a great cost. The Imperials of Cyrodil? The Empire is skilled in the art of war no doubt, but it wouldn't be an empire don't forget. Just skilled imperial armies with too many borders to defend in my opinion. Khajiit? the masters of stealth and cunning? Night raids could prove almost impossible to defend against and they could do serious damage when the sun went down. Bretons? Could an army of Necromancers fall if they just kept on resurrecting their fallen comrades? Dunmer? They are no strangers to hardships and their resolve could prove unshakable at war. Their mixture of warriors and mages may rival even the Altmer. Bosmer? The masters of ranged combat. Legions of troops could be cut down in a single charge against them. Could you even see them up in the trees? Argonians? Resilient and cunning in their own right. In water, unbeatable. The Nords, fierce, proud and totally dedicated to dying a glorious death in battle. How does one defeat such an enemy? What do you think? Who will reign supreme?

Whisper34

Its not a fair question. All the races aren't going to meet on one battlefield and have a giant melee just randomly attacking anyone who isn't one of their own. Alliances and subterfuge are a part of war and can't just be dismissed when discussing this many factions. Somebody has to attack somebody first and the winner would probably the one who waited until one faction defeated almost all the rest, but was weakened in the process. Its just not a viable scenario without alliances.

Its not a fair question. All the races aren't going to meet on one battlefield and have a giant melee just randomly attacking anyone who isn't one of their own. Alliances and subterfuge are a part of war and can't just be dismissed when discussing this many factions. Somebody has to attack somebody first and the winner would probably the one who waited until one faction defeated almost all the rest, but was weakened in the process. Its just not a viable scenario without alliances.

I think the original poster was just asking the question on a "What If" scenario. So I don't think we need to be Lore Friendly to answer this question. Just creative :)

If every single race in Tamriel was at war, what race would eventually win and therefore rule? No alliances, just province vs. province. The Altmer? They after all would have the deadliest mages one would think. No weapons as such to mass produce and strain the economy. They've tried before and nearly succeeded against an alliance. The Orcs? The fierce warrior tribes from the mountains. Physically imposing, fearless and brutal? Redguards of Hammerfell? Warriors in their own right. Masters of all types of weaponry and light on their feet. Bear in mind too, that they never actually surrendered in the great war but their victory came at a great cost. The Imperials of Cyrodil? The Empire is skilled in the art of war no doubt, but it wouldn't be an empire don't forget. Just skilled imperial armies with too many borders to defend in my opinion. Khajiit? the masters of stealth and cunning? Night raids could prove almost impossible to defend against and they could do serious damage when the sun went down. Bretons? Could an army of Necromancers fall if they just kept on resurrecting their fallen comrades? Dunmer? They are no strangers to hardships and their resolve could prove unshakable at war. Their mixture of warriors and mages may rival even the Altmer. Bosmer? The masters of ranged combat. Legions of troops could be cut down in a single charge against them. Could you even see them up in the trees? Argonians? Resilient and cunning in their own right. In water, unbeatable. The Nords, fierce, proud and totally dedicated to dying a glorious death in battle. How does one defeat such an enemy? What do you think? Who will reign supreme?

I can't really say mainly because I don't know enough about to Elder Scrolls Lore to make a confident prediction. But the Dark Elves will get my vote mainly because I am one, lol. However I wonder if the Snow Elves would put up a good fight if their race had regained it's previous power?

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I don’t know the whole story and I never played Oblivion or any other game previous to this one, but I know for sure that I will be in the middle of that war and to be honest, nobody stand a chance ... whoever attack me or fuss with me, is going to taste how sharp my dagger is, how is to fly away after being pushed or desintegrated by my Unrelenting Force ... like Spartacus said : Kill them all ... lol .... :) ... :bluedragon:

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
If a certain Race had a dragonborn leading them into battle, that's a whole other ball game. That race would win.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
If a certain Race had a dragonborn leading them into battle, that's a whole other ball game. That race would win.

Well, I am a part of a race : I am a Nord ... they would be at that war, wouldn’t them ? ... “we are the world, we are the children ..” like Michael Jackson song says ... lol ... ;)

Well it would certainly give that race a huge advantage. But considering we don't really know the full extent of every races abilities (Summoned Creatures, Technology, Secret Magic, Secret Powers, Transformations, & Sacred Enchanted Items), any of these could tip the tides of war in my opinion.

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
Well it would certainly give that race a huge advantage. But considering we don't really know the full extent of every races abilities (Summoned Creatures, Technology, Secret Magic, Secret Powers, Transformations, & Sacred Enchanted Items), any of these could tip the tides of war in my opinion.

The reasons the Empire was so powerful is because of a dragonborn, Tiber Septim, and all the Septims after him were dragonborn, it wasn't untill Martin died that the thalmor decided to start a war.

The reasons the Empire was so powerful is because of a dragonborn, Tiber Septim, and all the Septims after him were dragonborn, it wasn't untill Martin died that the thalmor decided to start a war.

No disagreement there. Other than what Two Bears pointed out. I just think since we haven't seen every race go head to head at the same time, there's no way to know how it could go. But we should include extinct & somewhat extinct races such as the Dwemer & pre-falmer Snow Elves.

Two Bears

Actually, it was Numidium that brought the first Aldmeri Dominion to it's knees, not the voice.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Numidium

Without the use of the golem, Tiber Septim likely would not have defeated the Dominion. So, if we are having some TES race war, and missing races are permitted, I'm going with the Dwemer.

Two Bears

Let me respond with my own question. Which province beat the Oblivion invasion without a dragon god? Black Marsh.

None of them did, but many took credit. The Oblivion Crisis only ended because the Avatar of Akatosh dealt with Mehrunes Dagon personally at the Temple of the One in the Imperial City. Once that was done, the gates stopped opening, as Dagon's animus presumably returned to the Waters of Oblivion to reconstitute itself. This effect was continent-wide, and allowed various groups, such as the Thalmor, to claim responsibility for ending the local crisis.

FullmetalHeart20

None of them did, but many took credit. The Oblivion Crisis only ended because the Avatar of Akatosh dealt with Mehrunes Dagon personally at the Temple of the One in the Imperial City. Once that was done, the gates stopped opening, as Dagon's animus presumably returned to the Waters of Oblivion to reconstitute itself. This effect was continent-wide, and allowed various groups, such as the Thalmor, to claim responsibility for ending the local crisis.
Well all the same, didn't Argonians force the Daedra to close gates to avoid being overrun? They basically scared an immortal army.

Two Bears

Well all the same, didn't Argonians force the Daedra to close gates to avoid being overrun? They basically scared an immortal army.

But so did the Dunmer, the Nords, Bretons, Bosmer and Redguards. Even the Altmer did the same thing, not just in Summerset Isle, but also in Elsweyr, which is why the Khajiit leadership so readily agreed to being a client state of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Daedra also aren't scared of things. They will accept being ruled if one proves that they are superior, as seen in the Master Conjuration quest in Skyrim, but death is not something they fear, as every daedroth is immortal.

FullmetalHeart20

But so did the Dunmer, the Nords, Bretons, Bosmer and Redguards. Even the Altmer did the same thing, not just in Summerset Isle, but also in Elsweyr, which is why the Khajiit leadership so readily agreed to being a client state of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Daedra also aren't scared of things. They will accept being ruled if one proves that they are superior, as seen in the Master Conjuration quest in Skyrim, but death is not something they fear, as every daedroth is immortal.
According to the Shivering Isles DLC, they still hate being reborn. Regardless this can only mean one thing...Aedra rule!

Two Bears

According to the Shivering Isles DLC, they still hate being reborn. Regardless this can only mean one thing...Aedra rule!

Daedra undertake the rebirth quite willingly, as demonstrated in The Cold Flame of Agnon. The sacrifice in the name of a daedric prince is considered an honor, quite the opposite of hate. I imagine that the other greater daedra are the same.

Aedra rule the mortal plane, that is for certain, but they are significantly weaker than their daedric counterparts.

FullmetalHeart20

Daedra undertake the rebirth quite willingly, as demonstrated in The Cold Flame of Agnon. The sacrifice in the name of a daedric prince is considered an honor, quite the opposite of hate. I imagine that the other greater daedra are the same.

Aedra rule the mortal plane, that is for certain, but they are significantly weaker than their daedric counterparts.
I suppose that is true. They defiantly wouldn't have survived the Oblivion Crisis without Martin. However, I recall Daedra describing the rebirth as unpleasant. No matter the honor of it, if it hurts it hurts.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
The Orcs. They will win because they have me, Dragonborn. DUH

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Argonians that drove back the Daedra were not normal Argonians. They were altered by the Hist to prepare them for the battle against the Daedra:
Mere-Glim in Lord of Souls said:
...A few twelves of years ago, our country was invaded from Oblivion. The Hist knew it was going to happen, and called our people back to Black Marsh. Many of us were altered, made ready for the war that we had to fight. Made stronger, faster — able to endure terrible things...
There's no reason to believe the Hist would do such a thing again except under extraordinary circumstances similar to the invasion of all of Tamriel by the Daedrc hordes of Mehrunes Dagon. In normal battle the Argonians wouldn't enjoy such an advantage. For example, the last organized Argonian army during the time of the Second Empire that lost to the Imperial Legions at the Battle of Argonia were just normal Argonians.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts