Strategy for the Ebony Warrior on Legendary?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

hello Twiffle
thank you very much, this one is sitting here reading your red writing.......amazing....thanks you helped me understand something about some one this one knows....
a pleasure Sah

Cheers for that, hope it helped

Reactions: Sah

Sah

this one is sure she will be talking to Twiffle very soon in the future....and she will make the necessary time...to chat
but every thing can change if you have a TARDIS....*giggling*....Twiffle reminds this one of The Doctor....Time Lord

Forgot

What's with all the hate on destruction magic?

With all relevant alchemy perks, maxed alchemy gear, seeker of shadows, and necromage/vampirism I can get a fortify destruction potion with a magnitude of 304%.

This means that my incinerate spell, for example, that has a base damage of 90 will be doing 274 damage.
Or my lightning storm spell with a base damage of 112 damage per second will be doing 342 damage per second.

Try and tell me that won't do the trick for the ebony warrior.

Twiffle

With all relevant alchemy perks, maxed alchemy gear, seeker of shadows, and necromage/vampirism I can get a fortify destruction potion with a magnitude of 304%.

This means that my incinerate spell, for example, that has a base damage of 90 will be doing 274 damage.
Or my lightning storm spell with a base damage of 112 damage per second will be doing 342 damage per second.

Ahh a fellow mushroom chomper in the art of alchemy.

Reactions: Sah

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble

It would deal with the reflect blows issue

I'd be interested to hear about someone fighting TEW on legendary using destruction magic. From my POV the issues are

1. He has 50% resistance to all elemental magic types

2. Is it viable to set up the master shock spell? I haven't used it in a long time but it takes time to charge up. If you do hit him it'll have to keep him staggered or he'll just shout, shoot an arrow or run at you

3. Those numbers aren't bad but nowhere near what you can achieve with other forms of attack. If you were running around shooting incinerate spells at him it'll deal so little health damage he's going to get a chance to use a healing potion every time his health drops, so the fight will take so long he's going to have a long time to try and kill you in return

Fortify destruction potions make a big difference but I wouldn't want to rely on them for difficult fights because, apart from glowing mushroom, none of the ingredients are very common.

Then again, you could set up a greenhouse and plant as many nightshade and ash creep cluster as possible.

Forgot

It would deal with the reflect blows issue

I'd be interested to hear about someone fighting TEW on legendary using destruction magic. From my POV the issues are

1. He has 50% resistance to all elemental magic types

2. Is it viable to set up the master shock spell? I haven't used it in a long time but it takes time to charge up. If you do hit him it'll have to keep him staggered or he'll just shout, shoot an arrow or run at you

3. Those numbers aren't bad but nowhere near what you can achieve with other forms of attack. If you were running around shooting incinerate spells at him it'll deal so little health damage he's going to get a chance to use a healing potion every time his health drops, so the fight will take so long he's going to have a long time to try and kill you in return

Fortify destruction potions make a big difference but I wouldn't want to rely on them for difficult fights because, apart from glowing mushroom, none of the ingredients are very common.

Then again, you could set up a greenhouse and plant as many nightshade and ash creep cluster as possible.

First off, he does not reflect ranged damage of any kind, so you need not worry about that.

1. He does have a 50% resistance to magic only because of his boots, necklace, and shield. This 50% resistance combined with his "magic resistance" perk means he has a total of 80% magic resistance. BUT - if his shield is un-equipped then he only has 30% resistance to fire. In general, this means that you could try to work out when he equips his bow.

2. No, using the master shout won't work out too well for you. His necklace is always equipped, which means he will always have 80% resistance to shock. Unrelenting force would give you enough time to charge it up, but it would still be in-effective.

3. I completely agree. While this method may be a little more fool-proof due to the lack of damage reflect, the damage of spells is almost negligible when compared to the massive damage that can be acquired in physical damage. He can easily be one-shotted if you take your time to maximize gear. I can link some threads that show you how to accomplish this if you like.

4. I just use the hearthfire gardens to get my potion ingredients. I don't even build the greenhouse.

With all that said, I have beaten the ebony warrior multiple times on legendary. Only once using destruction, for it took me about 20 minutes due to him keeping his shield equipped most of the time. I would say that this is the main problem when fighting him with magic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts