Strategy for the Ebony Warrior on Legendary?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sah

info Slow Time
A demonstration by Sah using the Slow Time Shout, what you see is what leads up to the use of the shout and why it was necessary to repeat it in the same combat seen. NOTE: no menus, potions or healing powers available, they are all locked.

The first use is to set my self up, At legendary which this video is played, there is a priority of who dies first, so if your a mage your F***, then come archers ext, that's why I ignored the Deathlords all together, so with all the ranged attackers out of the way its much easier to take on the 2 deathlords......but in my case a second shout was needed, I would eventual take on more damage that i could give out (280pts per normal hit)

The reason for 2 shouts in such short time is because I'm using the blessing of Talos 20% less recharge, if I had an Amulet of Talos on too that's 40% less recharge so in this video I would have had the time to do 3 shouts not 2

Down Side; if you execute slow time when you are taking on considerable damage you might not live through it, and all you will get is a slow motion of your upcoming death (ethereal is better in that case)

Thank you Sah xxx

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
IDK how ebony warrior is like, but, shield sprinter perk (idk his name) requires 100 in block and when sprinting while keeping shield up u can knock all humanoid opponents. Its kinda difficult to get used to, it has same effect as unrelenting force shout 3 words. Or even simplier, get last perk in pickpocket and take all his equipment before u start quest... then he'll be no different than common naked bandit.

EDITED: Maybe use marhunes razor? I mean, u have to hit that thing quite often, it has to work at some point, right? Or if u have luck ull kill him immediately. On wikia it says u have 1.98% chances for effect to work, so, theoretically, out of 100 hits, 2 will do.

Last edited:

GlacialDoom

Try to use as many summoning spells and shouts as you can so you can keep him busy while you hack away at his life. When I battled him, I had the luck of having a dragon interrupt us mid-fight, and the bastard tried to kill the dragon, so I attacked him while he did that.

Whitewolf2578

My friend showed me a spot in the rocks above him that you could get to and then fight him that way, but I guess you are going for more of the head on approach. I usually just find the easiest way to beat these kinds of guys.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I'm level 80 now. Still have some things to do like make a new suit of armour, another one for Frea, make the potions I'll be using, put the frost enchantment on my stalhrim mace and find TEW, but all perks are in place and I have the shouts and powers I'll need

A few things I didn't mention but I'll be using:

Agent of Dibella (I'm a woman) for extra damage
The black book giving +10% combat ability
Dragon aspect shout

The potions I plan to start the fight with;

Weakness to frost (on my weapon)
Fortify one handed
Fortify restoration

Then maybe using damage health potions as I go.

The next time I post should be records of the fights- I'll make notes of what happens each time!

Sah

hello Snake Tortoise

its fantastic that around 80% of the enemy's in Skyrim are men
if 1 handed I recommend strongly the spellbraker if you got it. it will protect you from his shouts or you use ethereal every time he dose, (take it with you anyways, your going to die a lot so give it a go, never know)
whats you life + stamina like?
have you the level 100 perk dual enchanting on everything?
Love to see the final battle when you record the BIG one!
Small tip: I add music to my clips because I will sit there watching them over and over, I make sure everything I need is burnt into my mind, like programing, your mind will show you the way!
its same thing they try to do with commercials anyways

Good luck cut the F***** down, payback
Yours Sah

and again thank you so much

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Just have to grab the blessing of Talos and head to the Last Vigil now.

My Stahlrim mace does 792 damage with 72 frost damage, and 1830 damage with a fortify one handed potion. That will be higher against a male opponent (Dibella), and obviously higher again with a power attack. I think power attacks do more damage with dragon aspect and since it has all three bone breaker perks he'll only block 25% with his armour

My armour rating is well above the armour cap, I have over 900 health and 85% magic resistance. All block and light armour perks except the block one that slows time. Plus the black book power that reduces damage 50% for 30 seconds

The potions I'll use are

Fortify one handed (6) +132%
Fortify restoration (7) +132%
Regenerate health (5) +165% faster
Weakness to frost (10) 99% weaker to frost
Poison of lingering damage health (9) 33 points for 10 seconds + 99 damage*

And about 50 ultimate healing potions, a bunch of 33 second paralysis potions that I may or may not use.

I have a bunch of black book effects/powers, nightingale strife, the Sanguine Rose etc. Just tricks that I might try out. I never realy got into conjuration so all I can summon are ash spawn, seekers and the SR dremora who probably won't do a thing to TEW

Frea is my follower. Four fortify health enchantments on her armour, Rahgot and Miraak's sword.

My next post will definitely be after fighting TEW this time, no more delays!

*mora tapinela, imp stool and deathbell I think

hello Snake Tortoise

its fantastic that around 80% of the enemy's in Skyrim are men
if 1 handed I recommend strongly the spellbraker if you got it. it will protect you from his shouts or you use ethereal every time he dose, (take it with you anyways, your going to die a lot so give it a go, never know)
whats you life + stamina like?
have you the level 100 perk dual enchanting on everything?
Love to see the final battle when you record the BIG one!
Small tip: I add music to my clips because I will sit there watching them over and over, I make sure everything I need is burnt into my mind, like programing, your mind will show you the way!
its same thing they try to do with commercials anyways

Good luck cut the F***** down, payback
Yours Sah

and again thank you so much

Yea, Blessing of Dibella is incredible for a female character!

Wards block shouts, don't they? I only noticed that recently against an opponent. If Spellbreaker blocks TEW's unrelenting force then taking that is a great piece of advice and something I wouldn't have thought of.

Unfortunately I gathered the ingredients for the Peryite quest a while ago, gave them to that Khajit.... and then nothing happened. I couldn't continue the quest because he didn't make that green mixture, so unless I could fix that somehow there's no way I'm getting Spellbreaker. I wasn't bothered at the time because I was just doing the quest for fun- I hadn't done it in a while. Now I'm a bit annoyed

Urgh... I forgot to make a note of my health. It's above 900 anyway, I think I have three fortify health enchantments on my armour. Magica and stamina are both fortified and just over 300 each. Not great but I'll mostly be using magica for close wounds and that will heal stamina too. I've really prioritised health this game

No video I'm afraid, I'm playing on a 360 :sadface:

Reactions: Sah

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Dual Frost Antronachs, Ice Storm spams and backstab.

Of course, he'll wait on his damn mountain forever on this playthrough as far as I care. Ingin could give a fig the he wants an honorable death.

He ain't worth the effort.

Hmm... Maybe she'll take him out as a VL. I wonder if that would even work. A couple of Gargoyles should keep him busy while I drain away his health. Hmm...

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Fight with the Ebony Warrior

1. Attempt one
  • I set with fortify one handed and resto potions, put weakness to frost on my mace, conjure an ash spawn, cast frost cloak, use dragon aspect and then shoot an ice spike at him to give him a chance to draw his weapon
  • he uses unrelenting force
  • he goes for Frea while I'm getting up
  • I run over, swing a few times and take him down with a power attack... that was surprisingly easy 1-0
2. Attempt two
  • set up the same way
  • sprint around him to avoid his shout
  • kill him with a few swings and a power attack again 2-0
  • I decide not to set up at all this time since the first two fights were so easy. ~2000 damage ignoring 75% of his armour is maybe a bit much, and those aren't even the power attacks. Let's see how it goes this time
  • ice spike to start
  • run up and hit him a few times, still causing significant damage per swing even without the potions and dragon aspect of attempts one and two
  • he kills me in one swing... or so I thought initially. Actually it was his reflect blow perk that reflected my own attack back at me, killing me in a single swing! 2-1
  • Like last time, no setting up with potions/dragon aspect.
  • Ice spike
  • EW goes straight for Frea
  • I take him down with a few swings. Doesn't seem the fortify one handed/weakness to frost potions are needed. I haven't even cast a restoration spell so far 3-1
  • No set up, start the fight with ice spike
  • I disarm him with that power shield bash
  • Doesn't matter because he gets another cheap win with reflect blows 3-2
  • Start with an ice spike but this time stand back and see how Frea does on her own
  • EW does practically no damage to her at all. She's chipping away at his health with Miraak's sword
  • EW uses unrelenting force on her, turns his attention to me
  • EW gets another cheesy win with his reflect blow perk 3-3
  • killed by reflect blows again :mad: 3-4
  • I decide to swap my armour ignoring mace for Frea's Miraak sword to see how it goes with that
  • Start fighting, reflect blows takes a big chunk of my health but doesn't actually kill me for once!
  • EW uses unrelenting force. He attacks me when I'm down but the restoration perk Avoid Death recovers health, saving me
  • I cast dragon aspect when I get up, because my sword isn't doing a whole lot of damage
  • He disarms me with a bash
  • Kills me a moment after 4-4
^This turns out to be his only legitimate win that doesn't involve me killing myself with reflect, and I didn't set up with potions so I'd barely call it a legit win anyway

9-20.

Fights 9-20 end up being very similar. If I set up with potions and dragon aspect I need fewer swings to kill him, giving him less chance to get reflect blows off against me. His unrelenting force shout doesn't do much for him because he just turns his attention to Frea when I'm getting up, and he's never going to kill her in the time it takes me to get back into the fight.

Same thing happens again and again. Sometimes I take him down without reflected hits, the others times I die from reflect.

In twenty fights the score ends up 10-10

Fighting him without a follower

I decide to give him a better chance by fighting 1v1. This time when he unrelenting forces me he'll have a chance to finish me off. I leave Frea nearby and go back on my own

• set up with fortify one handed, weakness to frost, dragon aspect
  • ice spike
  • he uses unrelenting force
  • shoots arrows at me while I'm down, I get up with a little bit of health left
  • use potion of ultimate healing
  • while I close in I block his arrow with my shield but I get paralyzed anyway!
  • He misses his next shots, and I get up, charge him and take him out with a couple of power attacks 1-0
  • Fight goes similarly to above, but when I get close I die to reflect again 1-1
  • reflect, dead 1-2
4-10.

These all go similarly. Same pattern as always, with reflect blows he wins half of the time. If he didn't have reflect blows I'd almost always win. He might take it sometimes by knocking me down and hitting me with arrows, but any other scenario involves me bludgeoning him to death

The total score of the 1v1 fights is 5-5

Summary (tl;dr)

A typical level 80 dragonborn with the a mace/shield style and all three bone breaker perks should deal with the EW on legendary without too much difficulty. The only problem is reflect blows, which is insane! A single swing (not even power attack) reflected back will kill you instantly, every time. The fight just comes down to luck... with a reflect, he wins. Without, you win.

Quite disappointing in the end, but still satisfying. I won my first fight against him, and then won the first 1v1 fight too... so in a dead means dead world the Ebony Warrior was killed, on legendary, by my hand!

:Dovahkiin::Dovahkiin::Dovahkiin:

Daelon DuLac

Has the potion pickpocket strat been discussed?

EDIT: Indeed it has.
That's actually not a bad idea, but I don't know how susceptible he is to poison. After all, they are 50% resistant to poison and, from what I've seen when I backstab him, when you try to pickpocket him, you have an extremely low success rate percentage for all of his items. The one time I tried it, he caught me and whipped around and beaned me.

Now I stick to spamming him with ice storm, distracting with Frost Antronachs, make sure that I have 100 sneak and all the perks as well as any augments I can get and use muffle and invisibility while relatively close in. If I can catch him unaware, I can take him down. I hand to hand. No way.

TheNatural

That's actually not a bad idea, but I don't know how susceptible he is to poison. After all, they are 50% resistant to poison and, from what I've seen when I backstab him, when you try to pickpocket him, you have an extremely low success rate percentage for all of his items. The one time I tried it, he caught me and whipped around and beaned me.

Now I stick to spamming him with ice storm, distracting with Frost Antronachs, make sure that I have 100 sneak and all the perks as well as any augments I can get and use muffle and invisibility while relatively close in. If I can catch him unaware, I can take him down. I hand to hand. No way.

POTION pickpocket! ;)

You can, at any time while fighting him just pickpocket his potions.

Daelon DuLac

POTION pickpocket! ;)

You can, at any time while fighting him just pickpocket his potions.
No! No! I meant reverse pick-pocket him with poison. That's one of my favorite ways to kill or weaken someone. I almost always do it to both Nazeem and Hemskr in Whiterun (they both irritate the heck out of me and watching them keel over dead always makes me smile). :)

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Maybe that's why magic works so much better than weapons on him (especially frost magic) - he doesn't reflect those. Hmm...

Destruction magic just isn't powerful enough on legendary. Even the best destruction spells with the right perks have a damage that tops out way beneath what you can do with archery or 1H/2H. You could probably chip away at his health for half an hour and he'll just heal himself and force you to do it again a few times :D

Daelon DuLac

Maybe that's why magic works so much better than weapons on him (especially frost magic) - he doesn't reflect those. Hmm...

Destruction magic just isn't powerful enough on legendary. Even the best destruction spells with the right perks have a damage that tops out way beneath what you can do with archery or 1H/2H. You could probably chip away at his health for half an hour and he'll just heal himself and force you to do it again a few times :D
Since I refuse to play with an unnecessary and arbitrary handicap to my toons (sorry guys, but, if you want to make the game more difficult, you make the abilities and damage output of both the player and the enemies scale up, not cut the damage you do in 1/2 or 1/4, etc... and up their damage by 2x or 4x) so I never play on legendary. IMO - my damage should do the same % of damage on my enemies regardless of the difficulty and theirs should do the same. I know it's weenie, but, I see absolutely no reason why my 80th level fighter or mage would be such a weenie when compared to an equal level opponent. On Legendary or Master, even if I went in with exactly the same equipment and level he had, I would have my a** handed to me, simply because his damage output has been multiplied so grossly and mine reduced that it just isn't fair.

Sorry - just my opinion. Besides, a mage should be able to handle a warrior. Magic is, by it's very nature, something that should be equal to or greater than any warrior's. Mages do not have the armor so, if they are so much weaker then why haven't all the Nord mage haters just exterminated all of the mages if they're so opposed to them? Skyrim is the only game I've ever played where playing a mage (particularly a Destruction Mage) is a handicap, not a help. A destruction mage has to be a spell-sword or battlemage just to survive.

TheNatural

Magic is basically useless at high levels and difficulty. Other than maybe illusion and the bound weapons, but that's not because the magic is good, it's because it levels up the skills.

That's why mods exist!

Sah

hello TheNatural, thanks for the interest, what information do you need (PC,MODS ext), this one is of to Melbourne for the F1's, will be back this Monday and will tell you what this one needs help with....to get a idea off what the final outcome is to be...please watch my videos, pick any you like, what you see is a MOD (me) in a vanilla world.....this one wants to go full Monty.....cinematic,
season 1 will be completed as is, but for Dragonborn & Dawwnguard seasons 2&3, ohhh I want them to be special, already researching the music not trace different theme, looking for a suitable voice for Sah.....ext.....Sah want a OSCAR soooo much......any other ideas?

Story of Sah Album is where this one keeps her videos
may have built my PC (baby), but this one is not Tony Stark, lacks the understanding to utilize its potential. funds for upgrading will be available soon too....so exiting
this one should talk to her contacts in Disney Studios or hire Andy & Larry they did a good job on the MATRIX

Last edited:

Twiffle

Run

Sah

hello Twiffle
thank you very much, this one is sitting here reading your red writing.......amazing....thanks you helped me understand something about some one this one knows....
a pleasure Sah

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts