Strange "+" icon in the top right of the screen...help?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
I'm already opted in.

meleemike

Could it be some sort of added visual for an already acquired active effect...what if you start a new character is the icon still there?

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
It's still there, that character in the ss is only level 8 without mods enabled.

meleemike

Ok so I made some progress when I got home. I think this icon is from the a recent steam update that updated the game to include icons to show for some ACTIVE EFFECTS! This has been bugging me all day and I have been thinking about WTF that icon is, let me tell you what I have tried to figure this out:

I made a new character in a new game, no icon. I used "showracemenu" console command and changed to several races, no icon. I loaded back my main character....you guessed it, icon back. I loaded back my new character, no icon. Back to my main character (who happened to be in Breezehome in Whiterun); I have a mod installed that makes fires hurt. I walked over my cooking fire in breezehome, suddenly a wild fire icon with that same "+" appears in the upper right corner underneath the original icon. I step outta the flames, no more fire icon, back into the flames and the icon appears again. Not only one fire icon but if I stayed in the flames several fire icons appeared...

I took 3 screenshots and stitched them together for you all to see what I am talking about. I'm fairly certain it is an icon for some ACTIVE EFFECT, just not sure which one....yet. Fjolfrin, what active effects do you have?

zlMwBi5.jpg

meleemike

Ok I think it deff has to do with active effects...just activated shadow stone and an empty head with a small emptying bar popped underneath the original icon in question...only thing is I dont have any temp active effects going for that icon to be there that I know of...no blessings from the shrines or anything...hmmm

KTGTiSy.jpg

fdAhuEH.jpg

meleemike

SOLVED: Apparently other people in this thread didn't actually disable their mods, at least not SkyUI. In SkyUI in game you must turn off the active effects HUD. No idea what active effect I and OP have or what active effect Fjolfrin has but turning off that hud solves the problem. No idea how that active effects HUD got changed to on by default...or perhaps it's a new addition to skyUI and I hadn't noticed it yet, either way enjoy :)

8k2lpDO.jpg

D2lJ8FE.jpg

FAHLaWZ.jpg

kViT1xF.jpg

A8JoHLr.jpg

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Well, as i said before i unchecked all the mods and had them disabled so either something reenabled without it telling me or theres something else, either way it doesn't bother me that much so i'm not really concerned about it.

shandoo

Are you using SkyUI? It seems that the new version displays active effects on your HUD. Just disable it in the SkyUI options menu.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Yes, and i had skuui disabled but as the forepost mentioned it must have gotten turned on somehow. I really wish people would read the entire post rather then the first sentence.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.

chevenga

SOLVED: Apparently other people in this thread didn't actually disable their mods, at least not SkyUI. In SkyUI in game you must turn off the active effects HUD. No idea what active effect I and OP have or what active effect Fjolfrin has but turning off that hud solves the problem. No idea how that active effects HUD got changed to on by default...or perhaps it's a new addition to skyUI and I hadn't noticed it yet, either way enjoy :)

This feature just magically turned on (or I accidentally turned it on) in my game, and I was mystified and miffed. Thanks for reporting your findings! I'm so relieved that I can turn the darn thing off now. ;)

Smarty

Lol, that's no problem, this is the new active effect silly :) .

Amarantine

Hi all, I just was googling this problem and came across this thread. Since I figured it out I thought I should post it. This is the HUD for SkyUI for active buffs and their levels, that's why each of you see different icons. You can turn this off or change the icon size in the mod configurations menu for SkyUI. Hope that helps, I've no idea why it just started showing up, either.

The only other thing I can think of is that is some unrelated program that is doing it. I know I have some utilities that will continue to display stuff, even if I am running another program.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
So it's from SkyUI? Strange... I recently (almost) finished an entire game with SkyUI 3.1 running and NEVER saw those things. I guess they were "off." Who knew?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts