Strange "+" icon in the top right of the screen...help?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ayses

I've tried disabling all mods using NMM but it doesn't go away.
Here's a fullscreen pic...
PlcwXtv.jpg

And here's a smaller picture of just the icon...
aehxENv.jpg

It's really annoying and I can't stop looking at it while playing...any help would be appreciated!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I've tried disabling all mods using NMM but it doesn't go away.
Here's a fullscreen pic...
PlcwXtv.jpg

And here's a smaller picture of just the icon...
aehxENv.jpg

It's really annoying and I can't stop looking at it while playing...any help would be appreciated!
Do you have some sort of screen-capture software running? I have FRAPS and it displays the current framerate in-game. It does not show up in the resulting video, however.

Ayses

The only programs I have running besides Skyrim and Nexus Mod Manager are MSI Afterburner and Skype. I've turned both of those off before starting Skyrim just now and it's still there. :sadface:

Ayses

It's also worth noting that the icon goes away when I open any menu like the quest menu or spell menu. This is how I know it exists within the game and isn't an outside program like a screen capture.

theoduck

The only programs I have running besides Skyrim and Nexus Mod Manager are MSI Afterburner and Skype. I've turned both of those off before starting Skyrim just now and it's still there. :sadface:
Hmm... I dunno. Is it some kind of app your video card might be running? That's a wild guess.

Can you think of anything "new" you did on your computer before this started happening?

theoduck

It's also worth noting that the icon goes away when I open any menu like the quest menu or spell menu. This is how I know it exists within the game and isn't an outside program like a screen capture.
Can you interact with it at all? Can you click on it?

Ayses

Hmm... I dunno. Is it some kind of app your video card might be running? That's a wild guess.

Can you think of anything "new" you did on your computer before this started happening?

Haven't changed anything as far as I know. It wasn't there yesterday when I played...I know that for sure.

Can you interact with it at all? Can you click on it?

Since it disappears when I open any menu, I can't click on it.

theoduck

I dunno... I tried a few google searches and I only found this thread. You don't need to have NMM actually running while you play... maybe that's it.

Nope. Just started Skyrim with NMM running. No plus sign.

Sorry, amigo. I'm out of ideas.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
I've been getting similar icons, except mine is a gold coin looking one and that plus sign.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Here's the other emblem i've been seeing.

Hmm_zpsdcfc3ffb.png

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
It's been there since steam updated skyrim lastnight for me.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Has anyone looked on the Steam forums? That's what I might do if it ends up happening in my game.

Looking at the steam forums is a very last resort for me.

meleemike

hmmm this is very weird indeed. I just looked over on the steam forums and there is nothing that I could find at least, you would think something like this would bug the hell outta people so it would be near the top of the skyrim forum, but no such post exists atm...

The only thing I can think of that I did before I noticed this was update a few mods with NMM. Mods like static mesh improvement, real cover, skyrim project optimization, and the race menu mod. I did uninstall B3 better breezehome mod and load back some backed up saves before I had that mod and then....there was that damn icon....it should be noted I had not played in several days. I have not yet tried disabling mods with the NMM and playing vanilla, but as another user in this forum stated that didn't help them, so I'm wondering WTF is going on!?

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
I've disabled all mods and it still showed up so i know it's within the vanilla coding somewhere. I play everyday and i haven't had any mods updated and i spent 2 hours disabling and enabling mods one by one (mind you i have over 150) and none of them were the cause of the icon.

meleemike

hmmm, OP or Fjolfrin I have an idea to try. I'm at work atm so I can't do this now but you could try opting in the beta 1.9 update on steam for skyrim and see if they new patch resolves this issue or at least brings functionality to the icon then you could report back here. Just a thought...