• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who do you side with in the civil war

• Total voters

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Because she was going to expose the Silver Bloods so they used the Forsworn to kill her.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
:I
You quoted my post from a completely different thread? I am so confused... haha

siggy

my initial meeting with Ulfric was great with his I fight speech. Tullius was a dick.

Around the 12 minute mark. earlier, there's a nice nighttime dragon battle in Solitude.

Read the caption, he's speeding the voices up. "Damn Nords and their sense of honor," I believe it was when discussing giving men when Balgruff hasn't asked for any.

Yep. Tullius is a dick.

I wish the game mechanics allow the player to kill any essential NPC. To prevent ruining quests they could have another essential NPC take over the role of the one you just killed. Ie: if we killed Tullius then another general (with a different personality) can spawn in his place several days later. EDIT: exponentially more voice-over work though, but Immortal NPCs detract from the immersion, but I digress. That's for another thread.

Death to the Imperials! :p

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Ulfric claims to be a man of honer even when he kills the high king WITH HIS VOICE. Why not just bring a gun to a fist fight

I sided with the Empire because when the Greybeards hosted the peace council in High Hrothgar, Ulfric Stormcloak kept demanding land that belonged to the empire! I already took that crappy town, Riften from him and gave him much, much better land from the Empire and he demanded more and more. I thought to myself, "What an arrogant fuzzy kitten*"
Long live the empire "Even though their cowards!"

Nameless233

I want the next game to be that exactly ( above) and u have to join the human races or the elven races and then the beast races can choose between the two. It would be nice if they combined it With high rock and have another conflict there maybe. That high rock part would be optional though

Jaeger

I want the next game to be that exactly ( above) and u have to join the human races or the elven races and then the beast races can choose between the two. It would be nice if they combined it With high rock and have another conflict there maybe. That high rock part would be optional though

Elsewyr joined with the Thalmor, on account of they brought back the two moons. Considering how no other school of magic is that powerful (ie raising an army of undead, nuking a city, turning an advancing army invisible, raging an entire city, etc), the khajit are stupid to even think the Thalmor can bring back 2 planetoids.

Nameless233

Oh well whatever and I also think they should make a game in all of tamriel as their last game in that continent and once again u have to choose between elven or human to rule tamriel

Docta Corvina

I'll be honest, I didn't know what the hell was going on when I started the game. But I wound up following Hadvar, who incidentally also seemed like a nice enough person caught up in less than ideal circumstances - as I got to know Legate Rikke, I would say the same about her. From there, I had the prompt to join the Legion and after some wandering and pointlessness with a hint of main quest, I did it. And I haven't EVER regretted it. While I do have sympathy for the Nords who wish to openly worship Talos and feel encroached on, I have never felt so satisfied in this game as when I was able to execute Ulfric. And bring both some hope of a unified land in the face of substantial common threats, and new hope for the marginalized groups as well. I couldn't believe the conditions in Windhelm and personally, I found the racism element hard to swallow. I was already pretty dead set in my decision to join with the Empire, but my decision was reinforced as I traveled. Obviously I'm not going to sit here and say all Nords were/are racist jackasses, because that would not even hardly be true. However, even aside from the racist angle, I could not justify Ulfric's push for personal glory, even despite the bloody skeletons in his closet. I'm glad for the new optimism in Windhelm among those for so long shut out, and even among those like the replacement Jarl, Brunwulf Free-Winter.

I loved (still do, actually) strolling into Windhelm and Dawnstar as my (main file) Imperial race Dragonborn character. I love how it chafes people like Skald. Was happy to see him in the Palace of the Kings post-Civil War questline, lol.

Also, come on. The Imperials/Romans angle alone would have been enough to seduce me to their side. =P

Static

I have to say I'd never followed the main quest far enough to get to the peace council, but after doing that quest last night my place at the side of the Empire has been firmly concreted. Ulfric is awful there, using the entire event to further his position. He attempts to dictate who is present, demands control of Markarth and offers only Riften or Winterhold in return (that said, none of the Stormcloak allied holds are of any value whatsoever). He makes a scene and stands up ready to leave at every turn and is constantly abusive to the other members. A noble man attempting to free Skyrim? Pahh, he's like a seven year old who has thrown a tantrum because somebody took his toy away before he could break it.

Altair

Savior of Tamriel
Imperials = Fancy people who think they're in charge of Skyrim and are changing the old, peaceful ways of the Nords. They aren't even Nords themselves and they dare change how we Nords live!? Hmph...

StormCloaks = Rebels who want the old, peaceful ways of the Nords back and who have an awesome leader, Ulfric Stormcloak. Also, you get a cool nickname if you finish their quest. *Your name* Stormblade. They're TRUE Nords! StormCloaks FTW!

Attachments

• SR-StormcloakFlag.png
    SR-StormcloakFlag.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 3

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Nords are allowed in the Imperial Army. And the Nords in Skyrim, some at least, are far from peaceful. Get your head out of your ass Altair.

Flint firestorm

Nords? Peaceful? May I remind every one who drove the snow elves from there home and who took forsworn lands. The NORDS

Imperials = Fancy people who think they're in charge of Skyrim and are changing the old, peaceful ways of the Nords. They aren't even Nords themselves and they dare change how we Nords live!? Hmph...

StormCloaks = Rebels who want the old, peaceful ways of the Nords back and who have an awesome leader, Ulfric Stormcloak. Also, you get a cool nickname if you finish their quest. *Your name* Stormblade. They're TRUE Nords! StormCloaks FTW!
I'm on your side of the debate, but be mindful- the most revered Divine in Skyrim is Talos- the God of War. I like the Nords, but I don't think I would characterize them as peaceful.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Those racist nords won't even let the Khajiit into the cities to trade, therefore I enjoy slitting stormcloak throats every chance I get. But then again I also kill imperial patrols undetected. Hmmm... I guess im just a horrible bastard. I'm yet to start the civil war quest line. I may never do it! As I honestly don't care for either side. Only how much gold I can take from their corpses.

Flint firestorm

Those racist nords won't even let the Khajiit into the cities to trade, therefore I enjoy slitting stormcloak throats every chance I get. But then again I also kill imperial patrols undetected. Hmmm... I guess im just a horrible bastard. I'm yet to start the civil war quest line. I may never do it! As I honestly don't care for either side. Only how much gold I can take from their corpses.
So you don't kill stormclock patrols? Also if you don't do the civil war quests you can't get a windhelm house

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I thought that by saying 'enjoy slitting stormcloak throats any chance i get' would infer i do ;)

Also, thanks on the windhelm thing. one can never own too much property.

Flint firestorm

I thought that by saying 'enjoy slitting stormcloak throats any chance i get' would infer i do ;)

Also, thanks on the windhelm thing. one can never own too much property.
If you side stormcloaks you can buy it half way. Imperals you have to finish

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Nords? Peaceful? May I remind every one who drove the snow elves from there home and who took forsworn lands. The NORDS

Actually, the snow elves launched the first attacks and killed nearly every Nord save for Ysgramor and his songs on the basis 'they were an animal to have their population controlled'.

So Ysgramor returns with the 500 companions and dishes out sweet vengeance.

I joined the Legion because I just plain out hate Ulfric. He's a freakin' racist. Even though I am an Imperial, I sometimes find the Empire to be unfair. Plus, they tried to cut off my head. I'm kind of inbetween...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts