• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who do you side with in the civil war

• Total voters

Baldr

I sided with the stormcloaks my only concern was the lack of organization there are no formed divisions and Ulfric has an attitude I do though believe a nationalist nord government would be more successful considering most nords are decent citizens

The Empire seems corrupted and this talk of the forsworn I can't see them civilized but they should be given some land in the reach

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
Although I hate the Thalmor Empire using Imperial puppets to control Skyrim, I believe that Skyrim should have been free to all of the people; not only Nords. In order to bring peace to Skyrim the Stormcloaks had to be destroyed.

Hi everybody I started this thread to see where people stand on the civil war. Post here whether you are a stormcloak or imperial and why.

I for one am a stormcloak. I hate imperials deeply and kill every imperial soldier that I see. In my eyes the imperials are a dying faction. the imperials i love would have never surrendered to the Thalmor and would have fought to the end. Instead Titus Medes II (who i killed for this reason) cowardly surrendered and signed the white gold concordant. The empire has forsaken Talos and tried to give the dominion southern Hammerfell. For this reason anyone who sides with the empire is as much of a coward as the emperor himself
imperials are not a racist faction ulfric ignores dunmers so he racist in general when they have mini skirmisherrs with stormcloaks the imperials win imperials have bettr looking armours nords hate elves most in the legion are imperials and are run by tulius an imperial and the imperials surrendered because if they didnt the thalmor would of wiped each race out true story bro

Lawrence22

Well I've just joined the stormcloaks, simply because the imperials were going to decapitate me at the very begining.

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
Screw the empire! Ironically, I sided with the Empire because I wanted to be a Good Guy. Wrong choice! I mean, the Empire banned the worshiping of Talos.

I mean come on! It's just like a bunch of dudes coming in to your house and make new rules you should follow, IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. Now how Aggravating is that?

I should have sided with the Stormcloaks. :mad:

Static

Screw the empire! Ironically, I sided with the Empire because I wanted to be a Good Guy. Wrong choice! I mean, the Empire banned the worshiping of Talos.

I mean come on! It's just like a bunch of dudes coming in to your house and make new rules you should follow, IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. Now how Aggravating is that?

I should have sided with the Stormcloaks. :mad:

The Empire only banned the worship of Talos because not doing so would result in a war against Aldmeri dominion, which they would have lost. Not to mention the fact that Talos isn't actually a divine, just a deified human. The Thalmor don't ban the acknowledgement of Talos, they just don't want people worshipping him as Divine. In fact, the Empire has, on multiple occasions, turned a blind eye to Talos worshippers, it is only the Thalmor than enforce the ban.

'We allowed them to worship Talos, in full violation of the White-Gold Concordat with the Aldmeri Dominion (which recognizes the elven belief that Talos, as a human, cannot be one of the Divines). In jeopardizing the treaty that so many sacrificed for during the Great War, the Empire was wrong. But what choice did they have, I ask you? Against the Bear of Markarth, Ulfric Stormcloak, "no" is not an answer.'

Source: The Bear Of Markarth.

If the Empire had not signed the White-Gold Concordant then the Aldmeri would have won the Great War and enforced far stricter restraints on Nordic and Imperial customs, traditions and culture. The only thing Skyrim had to forfeit in return for its safety was the worship of Talos as a Divine, something that Torygg was equally as bitter about as Ulfric was; Torygg was simply intelligent enough to realise that abandoning Talos worship temporarily to allow the Empire to reform and rebuild after the Great War would have the greatest chance of defeating the Aldmeri Dominion in the end. Torygg, in spite of his young age, had something Ulfric doesn't: foresight. If Ulfric wins freedom from the Empire then the Nords will be doomed in the face of the Aldmeri - as they will cut off any allies they had, massively reduce trading and leave politics in the region in a state of turmoil. And for this ability to see beyond the moment Ulfric killed Torygg, a young king who looked up to and trusted Stormcloak. Regardless of whether or not Ulfric challenged the high king to a duel, he killed him with help of a Thu'um, hardly an honourable method of combat.

Rule under the Empire isn't perfect, but independence will simply weaken Skyrim in the face of the Aldmeri, who would have little difficulty taking the region. Under the Empire there is ultimately the chance for freedom from the Aldmeri in the end, something that would be impossible under Stormcloak rule. Mankind either needs to stand together or fall divided.

Ironclad

I'm level 49 and have only just joined the rebellion. I was pretty worried about my Whiterun home when the flaming catapults started flinging death into the town, I was tempted to kill everyone to defend my stash but it worked out fine in the end. :p

The Empire only banned the worship of Talos because not doing so would result in a war against Aldmeri dominion...

The Emperor made a critical error agreeing to the banning of Talos worship in the White- Gold Concordant. He unwisely believed the war loving people of Skyrim, who worship a God of War, to simply behave and agree to discard their most sacred belief and tradition.

The Empire's willingness to look the other way and allow Thalmor enforcers to kidnap Skyrim citizens for observing their religion is betrayal on the Empire's part and absolute justification for the rebellion. The Empire is buying it's survialbility with Skyrim's freedom. The Empire is a shadow of what it once was and is no longer worthy of Skyrim's loyalty.

Static

The Emperor made a critical error agreeing to the banning of Talos worship in the White- Gold Concordant. He unwisely believed the war loving people of Skyrim, who worship a God of War, to simply behave and agree to discard their most sacred belief and tradition.

The Empire's willingness to look the other way and allow Thalmor enforcers to kidnap Skyrim citizens for observing their religion is betrayal on the Empire's part and absolute justification for the rebellion. The Empire is buying it's survialbility with Skyrim's freedom. The Empire is a shadow of what it once was and is no longer worthy of Skyrim's loyalty.

And what will Skyrim do when it gains independence? The people will be free to worship Talos again for the brief interlude between removing the Empire and being conquered by the Aldmeri. There is literally no way that an independent Skyrim could defend itself against the Aldmeri Dominion, which managed to leave the Tamriel-spanning Imperial army in tatters. The Stormcloaks are barely even a military force, the majority of the army is simply formed from freedom fighters. A guerilla war against the Empire works in the favour, as they have the knowledge of the land, and resistance to the climate, that the Imperials don't, but against the Aldmeri this means little, as they're simply far more strategically intelligent than the Nords. Not to mention the fact that this lacklustre force will be fighting with diminished quality equipment and less food, thanks to the dissolution of trade routes that would result from destroying Imperial rule.

And the whole idea that Ulfric is for returning the land to its original owners is proved wrong in its entirety by the whole 'butchering of the native Bretons in the Reach for no reason other than wanting the land' incident.

And what will Skyrim do when it gains independence? The people will be free to worship Talos again for the brief interlude between removing the Empire and being conquered by the Aldmeri. There is literally no way that an independent Skyrim could defend itself against the Aldmeri Dominion...

A nation of warriors living in a region fortified by mountains, harsh weather and is inhabited by the Dragonborn. The Dragonborn which slays dragons, and destroys armies. Skyrim will be able to defend her borders.

Jaeger

High Elf = Imperial

My race decided this one, easy enough

Actually, it doesn't. The Thalmor are one faction of high elves (call them republicans) who turned brother high elf against brother. A particular high elf could have escaped the bloodletting to fight against the Thalmor and their puppets another day...in Skyrim.

There's a series of books written by a high elf about this...

xaraan

I have come to this decision after several playthroughs, but finally would say Empire if I had to pick.

I have several characters that stay neutral, but have some that have played out both sides. (I don't know much about other Elder scolls game, so all I know is from this game) But the dossier on Ulfric by the Thalmor is interesting, plus the way he treats other races in his own city (excuses aside) he's too xenophobic and racist for my taste. His actions also are the best for him, but not necessarily for Skyrim IMO.

It's great though that they did a good job of making the whole issue debatable and not just black and white in this game.

Jaeger

The Empire only banned the worship of Talos because not doing so would result in a war against Aldmeri dominion, which they would have lost. Not to mention the fact that Talos isn't actually a divine, just a deified human. The Thalmor don't ban the acknowledgement of Talos, they just don't want people worshipping him as Divine. In fact, the Empire has, on multiple occasions, turned a blind eye to Talos worshippers, it is only the Thalmor than enforce the ban.

'We allowed them to worship Talos, in full violation of the White-Gold Concordat with the Aldmeri Dominion (which recognizes the elven belief that Talos, as a human, cannot be one of the Divines). In jeopardizing the treaty that so many sacrificed for during the Great War, the Empire was wrong. But what choice did they have, I ask you? Against the Bear of Markarth, Ulfric Stormcloak, "no" is not an answer.'

Source: The Bear Of Markarth.

If the Empire had not signed the White-Gold Concordant then the Aldmeri would have won the Great War and enforced far stricter restraints on Nordic and Imperial customs, traditions and culture. The only thing Skyrim had to forfeit in return for its safety was the worship of Talos as a Divine, something that Torygg was equally as bitter about as Ulfric was; Torygg was simply intelligent enough to realise that abandoning Talos worship temporarily to allow the Empire to reform and rebuild after the Great War would have the greatest chance of defeating the Aldmeri Dominion in the end. Torygg, in spite of his young age, had something Ulfric doesn't: foresight. If Ulfric wins freedom from the Empire then the Nords will be doomed in the face of the Aldmeri - as they will cut off any allies they had, massively reduce trading and leave politics in the region in a state of turmoil. And for this ability to see beyond the moment Ulfric killed Torygg, a young king who looked up to and trusted Stormcloak. Regardless of whether or not Ulfric challenged the high king to a duel, he killed him with help of a Thu'um, hardly an honourable method of combat.

Rule under the Empire isn't perfect, but independence will simply weaken Skyrim in the face of the Aldmeri, who would have little difficulty taking the region. Under the Empire there is ultimately the chance for freedom from the Aldmeri in the end, something that would be impossible under Stormcloak rule. Mankind either needs to stand together or fall divided.

The Thalmor was called The Old Mary Dominion for a reason - they suck at land combat. Good at naval combat though. What they are good at is Illusion (racial +20), spying and they're fast. Fast being their light, strong armor (elven and glass). Their soldiers don't bellyache, man, I'm tired. They outmaneuvered the empire. With their illusion magic, special forces Thalmor can be invisible, silent casting, cast rage on strong opposing warriors who slaughters his shield-brothers, if they're found out - calm. Time and again, they make their enemies fight one another; just like the rage spell.

Jman4505

level 81.5
imperials are not a racist faction ulfric ignores dunmers so he racist in general when they have mini skirmisherrs with stormcloaks the imperials win imperials have bettr looking armours nords hate elves most in the legion are imperials and are run by tulius an imperial and the imperials surrendered because if they didnt the thalmor would of wiped each race out true story bro

All nord hate dunmers and ill tell you why. Before Morrowind was destroyed the dark elves frequently came across the border and kidnapped nordic women and children and sold them into slavery. after red mountain erupted and morrowind was taken over by the argonians the dunmer came to skyrim seeking shelter. naturally the resident nords were angry

HybridArgonian

Long live Ulfric Stormcloak! But what I don't get is that the Empire banned the worship of Talos, yet Talos' human form was Tiber Septim, who founded the Empire itself. The Empire are banning the god that once founded their very organisation, it's just confusing.

Long live Ulfric Stormcloak! But what I don't get is that the Empire banned the worship of Talos, yet Talos' human form was Tiber Septim, who founded the Empire itself. The Empire are banning the god that once founded their very organisation, it's just confusing.

The original 8 Divines are Aedra. Aedra means " ... of us.", "us" being Elves.

It is believed that after Tiber Septim died, he was so revered by the Divines that he was chosen to ascend and become the 9th Divine. The Thalmor find this offensive, they believe man is unworthy of attaining Godhood.

The Great War is fought between the Thalmor and Empire. The Thalmor win and force the Empire into an agreement- The White Gold Concordant. Within the agreement, it becomes illegal to recognize Talos as a Divine. This is done out of the Thalmor's disdain for man, but also meant to ( very successfully) plant the seeds of discourse within the Empire.

Its why Hammerfell was released from the Empire, they would not recognize the Concordant and believed that the emperor should not have surrendered. Skyrim is still part of the Empire, because the Jarls were bought off with chests of gold by the Empire.

Jaeger

All nord hate dunmers and ill tell you why. Before Morrowind was destroyed the dark elves frequently came across the border and kidnapped nordic women and children and sold them into slavery. after red mountain erupted and morrowind was taken over by the argonians the dunmer came to skyrim seeking shelter. naturally the resident nords were angry

Yes, normally, "racists" has a reason but try telling egalatarians that.

Wood elves are cannibals; dunmer and orcs chief god (which means most people worship them, hence chief) are evil daedric, orcs don't allow non-orcs into their stronghold but heaven forbid the nords (even the imperial ones) want to keep out khajit (they probably spray), But these egalatarians forget about that. Their pompous, "you racist turd" is selective. Dunmer are heavy in necromancy and never met a daedric mickey mouse club they didn't want to join.

Static

Yes, normally, "racists" has a reason but try telling egalatarians that.

Wood elves are cannibals; dunmer and orcs chief god (which means most people worship them, hence chief) are evil daedric, orcs don't allow non-orcs into their stronghold but heaven forbid the nords (even the imperial ones) want to keep out khajit (they probably spray), But these egalatarians forget about that. Their pompous, "you racist turd" is selective. Dunmer are heavy in necromancy and never met a daedric mickey mouse club they didn't want to join.

The fact you seem to think being egalitarian is wrong is sincerely worrying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts