• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who do you side with in the civil war

• Total voters

Jman4505

level 81.5
i just think its weird that someone would defend the forsworn, the forsworn kill random innocent people just to prove a point. when you first walk into markarth you see a forsworn kill an innocent woman

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
ulfric did not kill innocent women and children he killed dangerous and insane rebles, and most of the atrocities commited inside markarth were done so while markarth was under imperial rule. if you had sided with the stormcloaks during the civil war you would know that the stormcloaks pulled markerth's S*** together and made it a better place

What are you saying?! Ulfric killed the citizens living there, who worked and made a living. They did not fight back, they surrendered. You're an idiot, I'm sorry but the evidence is right in front of you. The only atrocities committed in Markarth other than Ulfric killing innocent people is the corruption within the city caused by Ulfric's puppet of a Jarl. And no, Markarth after Ulfric's massacre is seedy and corrupt. While under Forsworn rule it was peaceful and happy.

The lands belong to them. Now stop worming around the fact that Ulfric is power hungry, he has the qualifications of a dictator, he slaughtered hundreds of innocent men, women and children and he's also a Thalmor agent. Head to the embassy and read his dossier, he's dealt with the Thalmor in the past.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
i just think its weird that someone would defend the forsworn, the forsworn kill random innocent people just to prove a point. when you first walk into markarth you see a forsworn kill an innocent woman

Talk to the Forsworn in Cihdna Mine, they all tell tales of what atrocities Ulfric inflicted upon them. They never outright attack you in the wilderness unless you get too close. That 'innocent woman' was an Imperial agent.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Margret is hardly "innocent"... she's an undercover Imperial agent hired to investigate Thonar Silverblood. You can put the puzzle pieces together and assume that because the Silverblood family owns Cidhna Mine, they found out about Margret and told the King in Rags to have a Forsworn Agent kill her.

Jman4505

level 81.5
wow, you know what is your gonna make stuff up then there's no point in posting, A thalmor agent, is that a fact from the skyrim encyclopedia of thin air, and ulfrics puppet? the jarl of markarth is under the rule of the empire. you lie and defend forsworn so im going to stop responding to your posts now

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
wow, you know what is your gonna make stuff up then there's no point in posting, A thalmor agent, is that a fact from the skyrim encyclopedia of thin air, and ulfrics puppet? the jarl of markarth is under the rule of the empire. you lie and defend forsworn so im going to stop responding to your posts now

Here ya go:

Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak
Thalmor Dossier on the Stormcloaks leader and Jarl of Windhelm Ulfric Stormcloak.
Status: Asset (uncooperative), Dormant, Emissary Level Approval
Description: Jarl of Windhelm, leader of Stormcloak rebellion, Imperial Legion veteran
Background: Ulfric first came to our attention during the First War Against the Empire, when he was taken as a prisoner of war during the campaign for the White-Gold Tower. Under interrogation, we learned of his potential value (son of the Jarl of Windhelm) and he was assigned as an asset to the interrogator, who is now First Emissary Elenwen. He was made to believe information obtained during his interrogation was crucial in the capture of the Imperial City (the city had in fact fallen before he had broken), and then allowed to escape. After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset.The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact.
Operational Notes: Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim. (NOTE: The coincidental intervention of the dragon at Helgen is still under scrutiny. The obvious conclusion is that whoever is behind the dragons also has an interest in the continuation of the war, but we should not assume therefore that their goals align with our own.) A Stormcloak victory is also to be avoided, however, so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed.

Jman4505

level 81.5
Margret is hardly "innocent"... she's an undercover Imperial agent hired to investigate Thonar Silverblood. You can put the puzzle pieces together and assume that because the Silverblood family owns Cidhna Mine, they found out about Margret and told the King in Rags to have a Forsworn Agent kill her.
that is a good point but it dosent mean the stormcloaks are bad, the forsworn are a bunch of dbags though.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead

Jman4505

level 81.5
all that means is that the thalmor wanted ulfric to be jarl because they wanted a rebbelion to weaken skyrim. tullius confirms this at the end of the civil war. the elves wanted a war so that they could take skyrim easily.
and beside, its the thalmor. do you realy trust them?

KC95

This is a tricky questions, just like in real life military conflicts.

I voted for Imperials in the end. I don't necessarily like them and they did try to chop my head off, but the Stormcloaks are complete idiots. Ulfric is obviously just a power hungry tyrant, his team are racists, and worst of all the civil war is basically ploy for the real villains to gain power, the Aldmeri Dominion. I do however support their flight of wanting to worship Talos freely (its the only way I was able to justify joining the Stormcloaks in one of my builds).

The Imperials aren't innocent either but I feel that if the Stormcloaks win, everyone will be worse off in the long run.

*on a side note, I LOVE the Forsworn. its a very straightforward mentality, you took my land, so now I'm going to make everyone suffer for it.

Jman4505

level 81.5
and the liying part was calling the jarl of markarth ulfric puppet dumas

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
all that means is that the thalmor wanted ulfric to be jarl because they wanted a rebbelion to weaken skyrim. tullius confirms this at the end of the civil war. the elves wanted a war so that they could take skyrim easily.
and beside, its the thalmor. do you realy trust them?

"He has proven himself as a useful asset."

Yes it's the Thalmor, these are official files found in the embassy. They would not lie in these files because these are supposed to be correct, factual information to be passed to officials.

Yes the elves want the war Ulfric is stirring up for no good because it weakens men and prolonges the occupation.

Rju'ka

Stormcloaks, for one reason and one reason only. I don't appreciate anybody telling me who or whom i cannot give praise too. Whether some factions see that being as a God type or not. By the Nine, nobody has the right to tell anybody in tamriel who they CANNOT worship. Thalmor seem more like nazi's than nords do anyways. Ever listen to them talk when you fight them, as far as they are concerned, you should be licking the stump plops from there magicka regenerating boots

Jman4505

level 81.5
"He has proven himself as a useful asset."

Yes it's the Thalmor, these are official files found in the embassy. They would not lie in these files because these are supposed to be correct, factual information to be passed to officials.

Yes the elves want the war Ulfric is stirring up for no good because it weakens men and prolonges the occupation.

proven himself to be a useful asset, he proved this when he started the rebbelion

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Stormcloaks, for one reason and one reason only. I don't appreciate anybody telling me who or whom i cannot give praise too. Whether some factions see that being as a God type or not. By the Nine, nobody has the right to tell anybody in tamriel who they CANNOT worship. Thalmor seem more like nazi's than nords do anyways. Ever listen to them talk when you fight them, as far as they are concerned, you should be licking the stump pl*** from there magicka regenerating boots

If anything that'd give you more reason to join the Empire, only they have a chance of getting rid of the Thalmor for good.

Jman4505

level 81.5
yes but he's not doing it willfully he wants to topple the thalmor himself and is that really wrong?
Im turning off my computer, ill let you fight it out with some other random people more

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
yes but he's not doing it willfully he wants to topple the thalmor himself and is that really wrong?
Im turning off my computer, ill let you fight it out with some other random people more

So why is he fighting the empire and not the thalmor?

I picked Stormcloak.

Skyrim has already waited 25 years for religious freedom. The Empire is sacrificing Skyrim's freedoms in a desperate move to hang on to what's left of their incredibly diminished "Empire". Ulfric is ruthless and ambitious, but his ascension to High King is Skyrim's best chance to securing its rights to live freely.