Songs That Describe You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleekay

Hello lovelies. :)

Post 1-3 songs that describe you, or that you strongly identify with. You don't have to explain why you identify with them if you don't want to, but please feel free to!

Here are mine, in no particular order, followed by YouTube videos of them.

1) King of Anything by Sara Bareilles: I've long felt that others try to make decisions for me and tell me how I "should" feel about things. I lack assertiveness, I guess. I really identify with this song because it reminds me that no one should be able to dictate who I am.

2) A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz: I feel like Mr. Mraz stalked me my whole life and wrote this song about me. This line especially rings true: "Your comebacks they're quick and probably have to do with your insecurities".

3) The Remedy by Jason Mraz: This has been one of my favorite songs ever since it came out when I was like 13. I feel like it helped to shape my outlook on life. The main theme is "I won't worry my life away", and much of my personality is based on that statement. I'm big on Live & Let Live, and my tattoos say "Love Life, Be Brave, and Have No Regrets".

All right, your turn! What songs do you strongly identify with?

For me this list could be huge but there are a few i really identify with
Sound of Madness- Shinedown
Broken Battered Scarred- Metallica

If you listen to the lyrics then you will hear both songs are pretty much about the same thing. fighting thru lifes BS and coming out on top. My life has been a constant struggle and im still on top

1. Rivers and Roads by The Head and the Heart
2. Vice Verses by Switchfoot
3. Lighthouse by Isaac Russell

I'm at work, so I can't post links to these songs or whatever. I might later just so you can take a listen to them. I might be able to be peer pressured into explaining why I picked them as well, but for now I gotta run to lunch! ;)

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
God only knows by the beach boys

Picked because everyone in my life influences the way I am , for better or worse. I wouldn't be who I am without them.

Hunstanton pier by Deaf Havana

The song describes only seeing things you used to love as a kid become reminders of how life is flying by and you can't really do anything to stop it. I can relate to that completely.

Children by Robert miles.

I heard this song a lot when I was younger and it just defines my childhood for me

EDIT: Forgot links, oops :s

AS88

Staff member
They don't really describe me per se, but these three songs pretty much sum up the kind of music that makes me happy. :)

But, I can't limit myself to just three. :p

I know 6 songs is naughty, but I could quite easily have been in double figures :D

Irish

Thane of Solitude
"The World At Large" by Modest Mouse. My interpretation of this very deep song is that the singer is disconnected from the world and is trying to find his "place" in it - often by not staying anywhere for a long amount of time due to boredom and feelings of monotony. I relate to this song, or at least my interpretation of it, on almost every level. I swear, I was born to be a drifter (from my *need* to see/explore the world) and this song helps me to escape the repetition of everyday life and keeps me somewhat sane. :p

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I'm at work, so I can't post links to these songs or whatever. I might later just so you can take a listen to them. I might be able to be peer pressured into explaining why I picked them as well, but for now I gotta run to lunch! ;)

Yeah, unlike Troll I'm just lame like that, or lazy. Or both.:rolleyes: No links from me. <<<please refer to "lame" and "lazy" comments stated previously. :p

Artificial Red by Mad Season
Searching With My Good Eye Closed by Soundgarden
Please Me Like You Want To by Ben Harper
Ku'u Home O Kahalu'u by Olomana
Like Swimming by Morphine

<3<3<3<3<3

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
I HAVE 3 MORE :D but for different periods of my life this time :)

Jacks Mannequin - Swim

I was going through a rough patch ( I have depression and sometimes find it difficult to control, I'm not ashamed though, s'all good) and this song was one of the things which helped me along.
Seeing Andrew battling against Leukemia helped remind me that life is worth fighting for :D

Next up, Zomboy vancouver beatdown.

I chose this because it was ALWAYS the song that came on when I selected shuffle on my mp3 player at the gym when I first started getting fit , very odd, in any case if you like dubstep it's a monster of a track.

Aaaand finally, we have Ian van Dahl with Castles in the sky , I chose this because it was the song I looped when I ran my first ( and only, god no never again) 10k race :D

So yeah, now ya know :D

Panthera

Don Gato
I listen to various music and in different languages which made it hard for me to chose.

This one here is in my mother tongue, Serbian. Music is Greek.

This one here is in Greek singed by Armenian singer. "Erotas" means "love" in Greek.

This one here is Italian. There is English translation in video.

This one is in English by Finnish symphonic metal band.

Enjoy! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts