Songs That Describe You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Just because this song has so much soul. I find it uplifting :cool: The Black Crowes is probably my favorite rock band at the moment.

RHCP.. need I say more? And also because I've been through some very trying times in my life, and often felt like I'm living under the bridge, at least metaphorically speaking (I have always had a roof over my head :D ). Right now things are pretty good, though!

Because I hail from the far frozen North! This band may be American, but they manage to capture the frigid terrain of the northern soul very eloquently:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Sorry that there are more than three.

"Son of Sam" by shinedown because I'm very pessimistic and often find myself containing a lot of frustration and few outlets.

"Falling" by Staind. It's my opinion on many people, including "close" family. "Cry For Help" by shinedown is kinda tied with this one.

"Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns, because no one crumbles in a day.

"Heroes" by Shinedown because there are few and let's face it, they are far too rare. The words ring true on most occasions.

"Amaryllis", also Shinedown. This is my "happy optimistic and all that other goodness" side.

"I'll Follow You" by shinedown because if there was "someone", I would.

kyleekay

I heard this song for the first time the other day, and I dig it a lot. It fits really well in my life right now. Right age and everything! :)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I don't think there's music that describes me.

I like a lot of sorts of music, I'm not into a specific genre.
From an artist, I can truly love a song, but totally hate another one.

Recently I'm listening a lot to:

Train
The Script
Snow Patrol
Kensington

Solitude

Inactive
Metallica - One ( One of my favorite songs)

Metallica - To Live is to Die ( No lyrics but means a lot RIP Cliff Burton )

Lamb of God Terminally Unique

Staff member
"I'm Not Alright" by Shinedown. You'd have to listen to it. I always crack a smile when I listen to it. I just discovered it the other day, and to me, it's the ultimate "I don't give a crap about what you think" song (to put it mildly).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Bitch - Meredith Brooks

I'm Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage

Bad Reputation - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Last edited:

Staff member
Skylar Grey's songs don't describe me much, but they are so awesome they are worth mentioning. I don't particularly relate to them, but they are meaningful, and her voice is awesome <3. Only artist that would have any chance of making a "fanboy" out of me. A few I can think of off the top of my head are "Building a Monster" "Invisible" and "Slowly Freaking Out". She is featured in many more songs, but most are hip hop and I don't like hip hop. She wrote and did the demo for "Love the Way You Lie". She is awesome.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film

Long since I have first heard this song, and long since I have loved it. It describes my thirst for exploring the world around me, being the travel junkie that I am. Thankfully, I'm leaving my hellhole of a hometown in a couple of months. Catchy tune, too.

A deeper song with a deeper meaning. I perceive this song as being written about someone who lives in a "golden age" sort of era, but still feels slightly deprived, depressed, and desensitized with his or her surroundings. Being a slightly emotional soul myself, I couldn't help but sympathize. I grew up in an upper middle-class family, and there were some days where I felt like my opportunities (such as moving away, finding things to do that were new and interesting to me) were beyond my reach, despite having most necessities and entertainment right before my eyes. It's sort of a disassociation song.

Simply put, I'm intrigued by the world around me.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
It's hard to explain exactly why these songs suit me. I'm always dreaming, always creating, usually off in my own world. I often feel like some kind of otherworldly creature in a human body (but that's probably just the Asperger's syndrome talking). I'm told I can be a hard person to figure out...not sure if that's good or bad. Both, maybe :p

Docta Corvina

Jim Croce - "I Got a Name"

I've always loved this one, ever since I was really little. My parents would play it and the melody always caught me. It's probably one of my most favorite songs of all time. It really speaks to me.

Like the north wind whistlin' down the sky,
I've got a song, I've got a song
Like the whippoorwill and the baby's cry,
I've got a song, I've got a song

And I carry it with me and I sing it loud;
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud.

Moving me down the highway, rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by.

Like the fool I am and I'll always be
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
They can change their minds, but they can't change me
I've got a dream, I've got a dream

Oh, I know I could share it if you want me to;
If you're goin' my way, I'll go with you.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Yeah, when I was only seventeen
I could hear the angels whispering
So I drove into the woods
And wandered aimlessly about
Until I heard my mother shouting through the fog

It turned out to be the howling of a dog
Or a wolf, to be exact
The sound sent shivers down my back
But I was drawn into the pack and before long

They allowed me to join in and sing their song...

Reaper87

吉光

My life in 2 minutes, 42 seconds...

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
5FDP- meet the monster
Because I'm only an a-hole when people make me that way :p