• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Star Gazer

Seven stood up straight when the fight first broke out. He pulled up his new weapon, a burlap sack carrying a cannon-ball, and watched as Captain Black-Crow jumped from the ship and glided across the gap between the two ships on a rope. Following by example, Seven grabbed a nearby rope and swung towards the deck of the enemy ship. He crashed into the side of the hull, splintered and bloodied, but managed to claw his way up to the deck. He rolled to his back on the wooden surface, happy he survived.

He saw a man with his back turned to him a few yards away. Being the pirate he was, he let out a healthy "Argh!" before bringing his crudely made weapon down on the man, the sound of breaking bones filling the air. Seven cringed at the sound, but realized he was being swung at by another imperial. He backed up, and threw the weapon at the man, crushing his leg and immobilizing him. Seven charged and whacked him across the face with Wood-Fury. Simon clung to Seven's shirt as he was swinging his wooden stick at anyone who came close. Two imperial men stood in-front of him. He was trapped between ocean and the two men. He looked across the floor, and found a thick rope, bringing it above his head, blocking a downward strike from one of the men. Fighting dirty, Seven kicked for the groin, sending one to his knees as the other charged, stopped, and raised his weapon. Jump! It's your only chance! Simon exclaimed.

Seven backed up, dodging the blow, but losing his footing and falling back off the ship. One hand clung to the deck, and the other clung to his weapon. The imperial stepped on Seven's hand. Seven whacked his leg with Wood-Fury. He grabbed his shin in pain, while Seven got back up. He swung his sword in Seven's general direction, but missed and was hit upside the head with the wooden sword, sending him back a few feet. Anger turned his white face red, and the man charged, sword towards Seven. He sidestepped, letting the man complete his charge. The man swung at thin air and lost his balance, falling to the ocean behind Seven.

Seven wandered aimlessly around the imperial ship, looking for anyone familiar. He saw the girls, but they seemed to be taking care of themselves nicely. He saw Crow carrying a large, silver chest. An imperial charged after him, only to be hit with Wood-Fury. "Argh, get back to the ship, captain!" Seven shouted, putting on his best pirate voice.

The man was staggered, but did not seem to be hurt that badly. He was a larger man with a rapier. He handled the weapon with great finesse and skill. He jabbed at Seven, but the boy twirled to his right, meeting the not-so-pointy side of the weapon as it sliced against his leg. Although it was better than getting stabbed in the face, it still hurt. Seven swiped down with Wood-Fury, but the large man blocked, breaking the wooden stick in half. Half of the broken stick was in Seven's hand, the other half on the floor, both extremely pointy at their broken ends. He picked up the other end quickly, and jabbed at the man. He blocked Seven's right arm with his, but couldn't defend against the wild blow with his left. The sharp stake of wood went down the man's left shoulder and down into his heart. He dropped his sword to the ground before falling to his back, dead. Seven picked up the rapier and followed the captain.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Azulla started to run over to Veloca when a shield met with her face causing her to stumble back and fall down, she quickly cupped the lower part of her face and pulled her hands away only to be covered in blood, she looked up in time to see the an imperial bring down an axe at her, she rolled off to the side, pushing herself up to her feet, she looked at him then at the blood "you sir are going to pay for this" she leapt at him only for him to catch her in mid jump and throw her on the ships deck, he hovered over her, putting his foot against her chest pinning her down (sorry its short :/ )

Duon

Graphic Designer
    The battle was coming to a end as Black-Crow still carrying the silver case reached the center of the deck; side stepping a wild blow he noticed a figure lying on the ground with a large imperial bearing a axe standing over it. As he neared close enough the figure became clearly visible in the moonlight; it was Azulla, face covered in blood. Quickening his pace Crow descended on the man in an instant, removing both the man’s hands at the wrist with one swift strike. As the man screamed and turned to face him in horror; a second strike cleaved the man’s skull in twine, his body crumpled to the floor motionless.

Flicking the blood from his blade he sheathed it and extended a hand to help Azulla up “Got the jump on you I suppose?” he smiled before turning his attention temporarily back to his surroundings he watched as his men finished off the remaining forces. A semi-silence fell over the boat, broken only the sounds of heavy breathing and the screams of those freezing in the waters bellow. “Take everything worth its weight in Septims and head back to the ship, I’m sure the town guard have been alerted by now.” He shouted to those spread out over the ship.

Skyrimosity

The man had limped threateningly at Savile, his eyes full of hate. Savile was still laughing like a crazy-man though which only angered the limping man further. Savile took a swing of his sword at the man, missing completely and getting his sword stuck into the wall. Well... now that's just great. Savile received a slash to the ribs which brought him back to Nirn a bit. He delivered a drunken uppercut, knocking the man back. Savile then pulled his sword from the wall and attempted to kill the confused man, but he tripped and fell on the other laughing soldier, impaling him through the throat. Savile jumped to his feet and more carefully killed the other man, enjoying that he would no longer limp threateningly at anyone again.

Savile walked into a room nearby and saw a set of shiny yellow armor. Ummm... I think perhaps its... ummm. whatchamacallit... hmmm... oh yes, Dwarven. Savile collected the full set of antique armor and ran up deck, only tripping on every stairway and falling down a ladder... twice. When he finally arrived, the captain announced to take everything of worth, to which Savile replied "Hey... ummm... who are you? Oh yes, Captain. I found this set of ... ummm... what is it again... oh yes, armor! I figured it might be worth something. Where do I put it??

A.Auditore

maybe...
    she reached up grabbing Crows hands "Yeah I suppose he did" coughing trying to catch her breath, she nodded at him and slowly headed over to Veloca "Well that was exciting no?" letting out a weezing laugh "lets look around to find anything of value before we jump back over on Guilty Pleasures" she reached in her back pocket pulling out a piece of cloth wiping her face free of blood

solace84

God of the Arena
    Dalious found two good Imperial blades and sheathed them. He didn't care for anything else, so he returned to the Guilty Pleasures, ready to get out of Solitude's bay area. He looked up toward the great city, and saw soldiers heading down toward them from a distance.
    "We should probably go," he yelled.
    "Relaxx," said the black cat, behind him. "Captain knows best."
    "You fight well cat, what is your name?" Dalious asked.
    "You fight poor, man," the cat said. "Call me..."
    "You know what, I don't care anymore," Dalious interrupted. "You are a rude cat. The rudest I've ever met...besides the ones that have tried to kill me before. They were a tad bit ruder, but you're up there."
    "You are sensative, man," said the khajiit. "Very sensative...like a lady."
    "You don't know what you're talking about, cat."
    "Yes, we do."
    "No."
    "Yess."
    They stared at each other in silence for the next moment.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    OOC: Sorry about taking a while to post, I didn't get any alerts for some reason.

After their last enemies fell to the ground, as well as the other members of Guilty Pleasures. Jeroo-Shei and his new Khajiit Vampire companion heard Black-Crow shout, “Take everything worth its weight in Septims and head back to the ship, I’m sure the town guard have been alerted by now.” The Khajiit turned his head towards Jeroo-Shei and said eagerly, "Come, follow me! I can smell the riches!" the Khajiit ran forward as Jeroo-Shei stood thought to himself, "Figures..." then followed him. He finally caught up to the Khajiit and the Khajiit opened the door. They both ventured into the deck of the ship and looked around, Jeroo-Shei was still feeling the pain of being hit with a magic fire bolt in the face during the battle, luckily his scaly skin provided some protection against it, but Vampires are weak towards fire, so it wasnt much protection.

They walked around the floor, the Khajiit leading the way. The Khajiit tilted his head to behind him and said, "By the way, I never got your name, my name is M'lorr, what about you, Night brother?" Jeroo-Shei answered M'lorr, "Jeroo-Shei, my name is Jeroo-Shei, I'm glad to have found another of my kind on the ship." M'lorr then just nodded. M'lorr stopped a moment in front of a chest and held out his hand to stop Jeroo-Shei. M'lorr lifted his head up and sniffed the air, and said, "Jackpot." he then pulled a lockpick hanging from his leather belt and inserted it in to the chest's lock. He failed and the lockpick broke in half. "Damn it!" M'lorr mumbled to himself. He then tried to pick it with his Khajiit claws, which also had no success. After two failures, M'lorr then looked at Jeroo-Shei and asked him for assistance, "Sheroo-Jei? Jeroo-Shei? Whatever your name is, I heard Argonians are good lockpicks, here, take this lockpick and open the chest if you can." M'lorr then tossed a long, sharp nail-like piece of metal he found on the floor to Jeroo-Shei.

Jeroo-Shei caught the piece in his hand. He bent down towards the chest and slid the sharp object in the hole and gently tilted it around slowly to his left. Within a sort length of time, he heard the "click" sound, insinuating it was open then. He pulled the top of the unlocked chest up, and what he found within the chest was what appeared to be an Ebony Scimitar, glowing with red magical runes indicating it had a fire enchantment. M'lorr took the Ebony Scimitar out and held it in his hand. There was one more prize in the chest, a flail that looked to be golden, as if it was Dwemer material. Jeroo-Shei grabbed that and they both walked out of the deck back to the first floor of the ship, to take their new prizes to the storage room on Guilty Pleasures.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    “Everyone back on the ship, take anything you found down below” Crow shouted as he stood near a lowered gangplank watching several Khajiit’s carry two large chests of gold back onto the Guilty Pleasures followed by the rest of the crew. Crow stood motionless as his gaze fell back toward the captain’s cabin and what had transpired inside. Tightening grip on the silver case; his eyes wondered back toward the cities gates, he could make out a line of at least a hundred torches quickly working their way down the hillside towards the docks. It wouldn’t be long till the town guard was upon them, a devilish smile spread over his face as the idea came to him.

Making his way up the gangplank Crow cut the ties allowing the piece of wood to fall into the water as the two ships separated. “Open the gun ports and bring us around; I say we leave this city with a parting gift!” he laughed as many Khajiit disappeared below deck and many wooden ports all along the ship slammed open, the sound of heavy wheels creaking on wood began to echo from within the ship as its cannons slid into their places. Raising the tip of his Rapier to point at the old wooden stairway snaking its way down toward the docks “Fire on the walkway!” he bellowed as the cannons lit up with a thunderous noise that shook the very ship itself.

As cannonballs rained down on the aging wood massive explosions could be seen hitting all along its length, sending showers of rock and splinters raining down on the warehouses lining the water’s edge below. “Hold!” Crow screamed again as the firing came to a halt; leaving a silence hanging in the air broken only by the sound of wood and rock raining back to earth in the distance. Peering back toward the line of torches he could see they had came to a complete stop at the top of the walkway, unable to continue on.

Crow couldn’t help but laugh as the cheering spread throughout the crew as they watched the guards gather along the cliffs edge watching on in anger. Walking to the upper deck he passed the Khajiit behind the wheel whom beamed brightly at him, obviously pleased by the nights events. “Take us out Helmsmen…” he said patting the cat on the shoulder, and going to place the silver case in his cabin before returning to the deck. Grabbing a wooden chair he took a seat near a fire cauldron at the ships rear mast and began packing his pipe as he basked in the flames warmth.

In the distance the lights of the torches along the cliffs could barely still be seen, the looming shadow of the cities massive walls stood silhouetted behind them.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The skirmish was over in moments, as quickly as it began. The rest of the pirates aboard casually sheathed their weapons and began looting the ship, knocking over dressers and barrels to crack them open and tossing chests and bags of gold over to the Guilty Pleasures. Caleb sheathed his shortsword and headed down into the hold of the Imperial vessel, the blend of spices, explosive powder and other goods creeping into his nostrils.

It was dimly lit by a few swaying lanterns fastened to the ceiling, glancing around, Caleb's eyes fell upon a particular barrel, smaller than the rest. He cautiously made his way over to it, picking it up and finding that it was filled with liquid after giving it a vigorous shake. It was only when he held his nose right above it that he realized what was inside. "Rum.." He said aloud, a grin spreading across his face.

Hoisting the barrel over his shoulder with one hand and clutching a bag of gold septims with the other he made his way up the stairs and onto the deck just as the Captain gave the order to return to the ship. Caleb hopped over the gap between the two decks along with his crew mates. Black Crow cut the rope ties holding the ships together, and the now vacant Imperial vessel began drifting aimlessly away.

Caleb watched as the canons opened fire in a deafening roar, the deck shaking violently beneath him as the other ship was blown apart in a gust of wooden shards and debris. Torn into pieces and reduced to scrap, the Imperial vessel began to sink as the Guilty Pleasures sailed away with a hold filled with loot.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Quickly crossing the wobbling plank of wood that barely connected the two ships, Veloca made her way back to the Guilty Pleasures, rubbing the area of her arm that was now exposed thanks to the Imperial she had tangled with. She scowled as a small flare of pain shot up her arm to her shoulder whenever she touched the wound, no matter how gingerly she felt it. She mentally reminded herself to get some clean cloth to wrap around it so that it wouldn't become infected.

A massive boom shook the ship and the air around it as cannons suddenly went off, firing at soldiers on the wooden docks, which were now a short distance behind them and becoming smaller. Veloca stumbled slightly as she felt the deck rock beneath her feet, holding her arms out to steady herself. Raucous cheers filled the air as the ship made it's way from the coastline, the captain ordering the helmsman to take them out to sea.

She looked around the deck and saw the captain sitting by a fire near the rear mast, and decided to join him. Climbing nimbly up the ratlines a few feet above the deck, Veloca settled her legs through some of the larger holes created by the rope netting. Leaning over the side of the ratlines, her sharp blue eyes focused intently on Captain Crow. "So Captain, how long have you been doing this pirating thing? Doesn't seem like it's something you just up and decide to do one day out of the blue." She smirked slightly at the irony of what she had just said; she'd just joined his crew on a whim, so didn't that mean she was a pirate out of the blue?

"Tell me a bit about yourself." Veloca had looked off in the distant while mulling over her last comment, and her curious and intense gaze was now returned back to Crow.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Black-Crow was distracted by thoughts of the small silver case when a voice brought him back to reality "So Captain, how long have you been doing this pirating thing? Doesn't seem like it's something you just up and decide to do one day out of the blue." Crow looked around curiously for its source before spotting the redguard Veloca hanging from the masts netting "Tell me a bit about yourself." She added with a smirk as his eyes found her. Puffing on his pipe he smiled up at her “You would be surprised at how often that’s just exactly the case. After all Piracy by its very nature is a game of opportunity.” He laughed blowing out a large smoke ring which floated up towards her growing in size as it flew through the air.

“Twelve years I’ve sailed on this ship, six as its Captain. I actually got my first glimpse of the sea back there in Solitude, many years ago.” He said continuing to puff on his pipe as he watched the flames dance back and forth within the cauldron “I was born in the Reach; spent most my childhood killing Nords for the Foresworn, all that’s in the past now though. We had a… falling out. I was forced to seek my place elsewhere in this world.” He thought back to the day he was exiled; the day his mother and everyone he cared for had turned their backs on him forever

The memories brought him pain but he quickly switched to thoughts of sailing and the things he’d done and seen since that day. “Although I can’t really say I’d rather have it any other way. Back in those days I was so full of hate and anger, I would have probably been dead a long time ago.” smiling softly and continuing on “Now days; besides my heritage, I have about as much in common with the Foresworn as you do.” He laughed blowing another smoke ring, even larger than before. “Enough about this old sailor; what leads you down this path?”

Looking the deck over with his gaze; he spotted the redheaded Nord standing nearby whom had joined up at the same time. "I mean you and you're friend don't exactly fit the typical pirate mold." He laughed still starring at her across the fire with a wide smile; he tapped the dying embers of his pipe into the cauldron, sending brilliantly colored sparks flying into the air.

solace84

God of the Arena
    As they drifted away from Solitude, Dalious noticed the pretty red head from the tavern, Azulla. He patted the black khajiit on the shoulder as he walked past him.
    "I think I'll talk to someone a bit more interesting, cat," he said.
    "You will fail," the khajiit replied as Dalious approached Azulla.
    "You handled yourself well, my lady," Dalious said, bending and kissing her hand. "I am Dalious, may I ask your name?"

The black cat started coughing uncontrollably, gagging while bent over. The khajiit spat out a ball of fur in Dalious' direction.
    "Hair ball," the khajiit said.
    "He's sick," Dalious said, disgusted at the fur ball near his feet. "He's a sick cat."

Star Gazer

Seven stood on the ship, unsure of what to do. What was there to do when they weren't either fighting or pillaging? One good way to pass the time is to talk to people. "I don't know, Simon. What if they don't like me?" They will. If you get enough people to like you, you'll be able to mutiny that Black-Crow guy, and take the ship for yourself! "Alright, you've never been wrong before. I guess that could work." He said to Simon. He made his way over to the three. They were huddled around a fire, and two of them seemed to take a liking to each-other. "So, captain. What's it like being a captain of a ship?" Asked Seven, willing to receive some helpful hints before becoming captain.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Azulla watched as one of the men who joined along with her approach her and kiss her hand she quickly pulled her hand back and raised a brow at him "iI's azulla and Thanks" she glanced down at the hairball then looked at the cat " you should brush yourself before licking yourself" she smirked at them and started to walk over towards her friend veloca and the captain taking a seat next to him catching half of his and Velocas converstation "Just cause we don't look the part doesn't mean we couldn't or weren't at one time, I was once a sailor dressed as a man to gain a passport on a ship til I was found out accidentaly complications, won't go into detail, and was dropped off at Solitude, worked on the docks were Veloca and I met" she held her hands out to warm them up a bit "Thats the short verison, best leave the details for later" laughed as she lightly nudged Crow with her elbow, smiling

solace84

God of the Arena
    The woman had left before Dalious could even say another word.
    'One of those independent lasses' he thought. '...they always take too long to get.'
    "Ha!," said the black cat, laughing at Dalious' failed attempt to woo. "Burn!"
    "Be silent cat," said Dalious.
    The khajiit was bent over, laughing. Soon, many more khajiit's joined in on the laugh.
    "Ha ha ha, foolish man," said the black cat.
    "Apparently she dislikes chivalry," said Dalious. "I'll get her in round two."

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    "Hmph!"

Sahkar grunted as he made his way toward Crow and the small group that was forming around, fingering his left ear as he did so.

"Ringing. Always ringing now. You and your cannons gave this one a headache."

He told Crow as he neared the group, stopping near the captain and eying the goings on around the deck. It seems he did not lose any of his Khajiit. At this thought he smiled. He wasn't sure if any of the people Crow hired had been killed or not. He didn't really care as long as the captain had not paid them yet and if he did, long as he managed to recover the coin he spent.

"This one takes it you destroyed that ship? We could have taken it. Sailed it somewhere and sold it. Good profit for a ship such as that was. Probably good that you didn't. This one can not spare any Khajiit and this one doubts any of these humans know how to sail."

Sahkar shook his head and made a tsking noise. Well, they were safe for now and on their way to who knew what sort of adventure next. As long as coin was to be made and these new recruits were not idiots then everything should go along smoothly. If not... well, they could be cast out to the sea and replacements found. Cheap labor is cheap.

Star Gazer

Looking among the others that were sitting next to him by the fire, Seven asked a question that had been bothering him during his time in his cell. "Are there places outside of this one? What if there are worlds other than Nirn?" It sounded stupid when he was saying it, but he knew that everyone got the idea. He repositioned himself so that he could feel the fire's warmth better.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    As they loaded the last piece of loot into the ship's chests. M'lorr wrapped the lose piece of cloth from his hood around his fangs and looked at Jeroo-Shei, his voice was slightly muffled from the cloth as he said, "Well, so long for now Jeroo-Shei, I will be going to sleep, this one is tired from so much ass-kicking, heh heh. If you have need of anything, you know where to find me." M'lorr walked slowly over to the bed he usually sleeps in, in that room. Just as M'lorr was about to unfold the covers to get in, Jeroo-Shei raised his index finger in the sky and said, "Wait...I'm a bit...thirsty....if you know what I mean."

M'lorr instantly understood what Jeroo-Shei was hinting at and silently nodded. M'lorr opened the wooden shelf of the Nightstand next to his bed and pulled out a Mead bottle. With it in his hand, he walked over to Jeroo-Shei and held his hand out with the bottle in his grasp. Jeroo-Shei stood there, looking at the bottle. He waved his arms in a "no" kind of way and said, "No, thats not what I meant exactly." The Khajiit then unscrewed the cork with his claws and pulled it out, then held the bottle in front of Jeroo's left purple war paint covered eye. Jeroo looked inside it and saw that it was blood inside a Mead bottle. Jeroo-Shei grew a little smirk on the sides of his face and said, "Nice disguise...I did that once with an Ale bottle.". He then grabbed the bottle and chugged down the blood inside. M'lorr grinned underneath his mask from his hood and then settled down in the covers. Jeroo-Shei handed the bottle back to him when it was empty.

The Khajiit was sound asleep instantly, snoring a little bit. Jeroo-Shei walked back up to the first floor of the ship. He saw Black-Crow over at the rear of the ship by a cauldron talking to the same women he saw at the Winking Skeever in the distance. He walked over towards them to make idle conversation, no sound of boots hitting the floor followed him, Jeroo-Shei was always silent when he walked, but a little louder when he ran or sprinted. When he finally reached them, he said warmly, "Good work you all did out there. We wiped the floor with those bastards."

solace84

God of the Arena
    Only moments out at sea and all Dalious could think of now was getting back off. It was new to him, and the cat had hurt his feelings on numerous occasions. He strongly desired getting drunk off of booze, yet he did not have any. The khajiits were annoying him, so he walked over to the fire pit with the others.
    "Are there places outside of this one? What if there are worlds other than Nirn?" asked the one called Seven.
    "Don't be a fool," Dalious said. "Everyone knows there is only this world just like everyone knows the world is flat. We keep sailing in one direction, we fall off."
    Dalious saw Savile the elf and walked over to him.
    "You," he said. "You are drunk, elf. Share!"

Star Gazer

"Don't be a fool. Everyone knows there is only this world just like everyone knows the world is flat. We keep sailing in one direction, we fall off." Said the man who was previously wearing a frilly dress. Fear entered Seven's heart as he pondered the thought of falling forever, downward for the rest of his life. He squirmed where he was sitting. "Will we fall off?" He asked as Simon cuddled into his shoulder for warmth.