Skyrim On Consoles Sucks...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

This was not intended for a console vs pc war, I just wanted to know your opinions and such :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
To bring the thread back on track, one thing I would like to mention to the folks who are anti-modding, I certainly have seen many silly and game-breaking mods out there. But I also think that there are a host of mods available that actually increase immersion either by making the game, in some ways, more realistic or by adding aesthetic content that expands on the fantasy-genre setting provided by Skyrim. I think that a PC player who wants to RP can find many mods that will make some nice alterations to the character, provide alternative but appropriately themed weapons and armor, enhance the environment and so forth.

Mods can be anything, from the outlandishly inane to the truly game enhancing. I think to dismiss every mod ever made based on any single perceived notion is really robbing yourself of the potential to enjoy the game to its fullest potential.

UnfaithfulServant

Silence, my brother...
jarif doesn't seem like one of those people to me, imo. he just shared his opinion, the console player attacked at him first.

anyways, i prefer consoles.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Well there are a few mods i would love to use, i was mainly refering to the cheat mods, those i'm highly against only cuz the game is easy enough to op your character with exploits already present in the game without adding mods into the mix, but thats just me. 2 mods in particular i'd love to have are the "head shot automatic 1 hit kills on bows" and the "ability to destroy essential npc's" mod, both of which i believe should have been in the game anyway.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well there are a few mods i would love to use, i was mainly refering to the cheat mods, those i'm highly against only cuz the game is easy enough to op your character with exploits already present in the game without adding mods into the mix, but thats just me. 2 mods in particular i'd love to have are the "head shot automatic 1 hit kills on bows" and the "ability to destroy essential npc's" mod, both of which i believe should have been in the game anyway.

Oh, I dunno. I think you're missing out on one of the things that makes Skyrim "Skyrim" if you don't see an NPC walking about and going along their daily business with a arrow protruding from their skull at least once a game session...

Adam Warlock

I love chocolate ice cream.
It`s even better with hot fudge sauce.
But if I don`t have any sauce , I don`t think the ice cream sucks.

PC certainly has some advantages as well as detriments like significantly higher cost and some problematic mods.

Having purchased an Xbox for the sole purpose of playing Skyrim , I have been wholly satisfied with the content(if not always the performance) and have had little trouble role-playing.
Not having played on PC , I can`t judge just how much immersion is improved except to say that with the exception of the loading screens I have no difficulty feeling I`m "in" the game .

Must admit that if I already had a gaming computer , I`d certainly buy the game again because the number of available mods is huge and most of them are not known to cause any problems.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Oh, I dunno. I think you're missing out on one of the things that makes Skyrim "Skyrim" if you don't see an NPC walking about and going along their daily business with a arrow protruding from their skull at least once a game session...
Its good for a few laughs but after awhile u just wish head shots worked like they do in most games, by instinct i'll get a head shot on an enemy sometimes and assume he's dead untill i remember "oh yea! this is skyrim" i will admit tho if it was this way people would lose a lot of followers, in almost every battle we encounter Erandur is left with a few arrows sticking out his eyes and temple by the time its over, he just refuses to dodge. lol

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm a little perplexed by players that say it's hard to role play in the console versions of the games. The major component of role play is one's imagination and there's not a lot in the game that stops one from using it. While there are mods that will hard code limitations, it's not that difficult to self-impose restrictions with the power of free will. There have been games far less immersive than the vanilla version of Skyrim and that never stopped players from role playing before. There are very few games that have more content than Elder Scrolls games so the claim that it lacks content and diversity in items sounds bizarre to me.

Harc

Big Hog
Honesty, I think mods take away from the RP experience. Now there are mods that make the game look better, and make cooler armor or weapons and stuff, but does that get considered as roleplaying? Now there are mods that force you to eat in order to live, and other stuff yes, but I believe that modding takes away from the RP experience.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I'm a little perplexed by players that say it's hard to role play in the console versions of the games. The major component of role play is one's imagination and there's not a lot in the game that stops one from using it. While there are mods that will hard code limitations, it's not that difficult to self-impose restrictions with the power of free will. There have been games far less immersive than the vanilla version of Skyrim and that never stopped players from role playing before. There are very few games that have more content than Elder Scrolls games so the claim that it lacks content and diversity in items sounds bizarre to me.

Glad you said this, because I was thinking it. It comes down to laziness I think. I have no problems opposing restrictions or roleplaying in Skyrim when I'm playing it on the 360.

Zyphur

I don't think it sucks, I have the console version and it's fine, glitchy but fine. It would probably be funner with mods but I can't afford all those computer upgrades so, oh well.

Now Morrowind, I wouldn't have even touched it if I couldn't have mods. It's sooo fun with a lot of mods (which got me interested in it in the first place) I daresay it may be rivaling Skyrim in several ways. And unlike Skyrim, I can actually run it. :D

DEADxOFxKNIGHT

Sewing-Life Alchemist
Don't get me wrong i don't have a problem with pc players but still besides the ability to use mods the only differences between playing skyrim on console and playing skyrim on pc is a few seconds of loading time and, lets see.. ABOUT A THOUSAND BUCKS i don't wanna shovel out all dem benjamins for a pc when my xbox plays games just as well. only my opinion so i say pc players enjoy it on your pc's and console players enjoy it on your consoles

Sean

lost somewhere
Don't get me wrong i don't have a problem with pc players but still besides the ability to use mods the only differences between playing skyrim on console and playing skyrim on pc is a few seconds of loading time and, lets see.. ABOUT A THOUSAND BUCKS i don't wanna shovel out all dem benjamins for a pc when my xbox plays games just as well. only my opinion so i say pc players enjoy it on your pc's and console players enjoy it on your consoles

Not true.
I built my computer for around $700, and I can have as many mods as I want, make the game look extremely nice, and completely up the replayability by about 100x, and can fix 90% of all bugs in the game (including the irritating and consistent ones that Bethesda refuses to fix that are simple to do).

I have only been playing games on a PC for the past 8 months, and I still use my Xbox 360 for multiplayer games and its party chat (and plan on getting the Xbox One).

I also use my PC for more things than just games, it is also what I use to work on, and it can do anything I need it to do.

I still put around 250 hours into Skyrim on the Xbox, but now I can go much further with my save now on the PC.

DEADxOFxKNIGHT

Sewing-Life Alchemist

Not true.
I built my computer for around $700, and I can have as many mods as I want, make the game look extremely nice, and completely up the replayability by about 100x, and can fix 90% of all bugs in the game (including the irritating and consistent ones that Bethesda refuses to fix that are simple to do).

I have only been playing games on a PC for the past 8 months, and I still use my Xbox 360 for multiplayer games and its party chat (and plan on getting the Xbox One).

I also use my PC for more things than just games, it is also what I use to work on, and it can do anything I need it to do.

I still put around 250 hours into Skyrim on the Xbox, but now I can go much further with my save now on the PC.

Actually thats right about my budget range so please, do share where you got your computer built ;)
pleeease!!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic