Skyrim Map [Hi-Res English]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xWinterIsComing

Recently there was a leak of the Skyrim map, but it was in Russian. I found one that was in english:
Ax7S9.jpg

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Wow, impressive! Todd Howard’s remark about the world being too big has me still puzzled though ...

Jeruhmi

I can't get over the name of the sea "The Sea of Ghosts" sounds like it will be really freaky/gloomy, which is awesome!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Which raises the question ... will there be naval travel? Sailing around with boats and what not? Kayaking sounds like it could be fun.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It doesn't look like there's much harboring cities so I don't think so. The best we might have is quests where you need to take a boat to somewhere, and all you do it activate boat, loading screen appears and you are now somewhere else.

But it does reminds me of complete Oblivion overhaul mod. I forgot the name of it but it was in German (I think) with english subtitles. There's a part where you ride a boat with an NPC and talk. Really amazing how the fans made that.

Jeruhmi

Which raises the question ... will there be naval travel? Sailing around with boats and what not? Kayaking sounds like it could be fun.
I don't think there will be boat traval as such, maybe with extensions which go to other islands? Who knows.
It looks like the seas are currently the end of what Skyrim is.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Speaking of ends, I wonder how they’ll realize the border to Hammerfell. A fence? Invisible walls? A moat?

Jeruhmi

I hope it's not invisible walls/barricades. Those are just really annoying and make me realise I'm still playing a game.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
How exactly did they deal with that in Oblivion in areas which didn’t have mountains? For example, what happened if you swam into the open sea? I can’t remember. Have you tried that yet in your new playthrough?

Jeruhmi

How exactly did they deal with that in Oblivion in areas which didn’t have mountains? For example, what happened if you swam into the open sea? I can’t remember. Have you tried that yet in your new playthrough?
Not yet, I was thinking of doing that. I'm not sure how far away sea or edges are from outside the Imperial Sewers though. I've only totalled up an hour so far, I will perhaps try.

Aaron Michel

You would just continue to swim, and underneath the water the ground would repeat itself. after swimming (I water walked) for a good while you would hit an invisible wall.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Cole

Mythik
I would hope they would put some form or physical barrier that prevents you from crossing over into Hammerfel, maybe a large river with steep cliff that would be impossible to get across?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I don't think there will be boat traval as such, maybe with extensions which go to other islands? Who knows.
It looks like the seas are currently the end of what Skyrim is.

Yeah, doesn't seem like there is going to be any sea voyages. I am a bit disappointed by the lack of islands, but I think devs will fix that with a future DLC. Bethesda's DLC are diamonds compared to trash what most of other companies do. For example, New World Blues was a perfect piece, which added about 10h.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
You would just continue to swim, and underneath the water the ground would repeat itself. after swimming (I water walked) for a good while you would hit an invisible wall.
I used to drop the floating paint brushes until I could get over the invisible walls and explore the low quality texture areas.