• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HaxAras

Anybody Else Find Skyrim REALLY hard?
I Don't Remember Choosing a Difficulty When I Started. And everybody Seems To 3 Shot Me.
And I'm A Two Handed Warrior So My Attacks Are Slow.
I have Some Special Sword I Got From the Companions and Generic Metal Armor.
I'm Putting My Points Into Warrior Based Perks.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I played this game with Master level from the start. A single fireblast from dragon killed me, I got 3 shot and died too often so I toned down the difficulty to Adept but it's still not much better. But I've gotten way better since then. Even if I die in few hits, I learn to dodge, shout and fire everything I have to win.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
How Do you Lower the Difficulty? I Don't Know Which Quests Are The Story Mode. but I'm Going To Familiarize Myself With The Game Before Moving On Much So Dragon Shouts Are Out Of The Question For Now.

Go into options, then game and you'll be able to change the difficulty from there.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I'm Running Out Of Health Potions. And I Can't Find The thieves Guild To unload Stolen Mergh, So I'm Always Encumbered.

Buy a house, sell your items, join the companion's guild... there are endless things you can do!

Grace Hagger

I haven't put the difficulty up but I haven't put it down either. I used to lower it on Oblivion when I couldn't defeat a certain dungeon or enemy but it felt too much like cheating.

I've managed to make loads of money just exploring places and looting all the people I've killed. The only things I've found difficult are:

1) Ice trolls. I was supposed to go and get some helm for this guy and the cave was full of ice trolls so I NOPENOPENOPE'd and have left that for now.

2) Entered some random fort and the bandits inside were absolutely destroying me so gonna head back there once I've loaded up with some more potions and spells.

I give up on stuff quite easily but I haven't found Skyrim too difficult. The first dragon did take me three tries but I just needed to figure out the right strategy and then he died really quickly. I'm not sure what race/character traits you're trying. If you aren't playing to the benefit of the race you've chosen it can make it a lot harder, I find.

demujin

I think race makes the biggest impact in the early game, because your skills are weaker and playing to the race bonuses should help. Late game, depending on how well you've focused your character, race is not as important. Example: High Elves get a nice magicka bonus (50 points), so if you'e a mage this is very helpful. But at high levels, 50 points is not so significant and another race could be very powerful provided the player has concentrated on developing their magicka.

The thing is most people go into the game just hack and slashing, the battle styles in this game or so far more advanced and indepth then any of the previous elder scrolls game. I use a one handed sword and shield and I tend to keep unrelenting force shout at hand. When battling mages or things that can cast magic I find it best to either hit them with arrows from a distance or get in close and when that cast on you, shield bash them in the face to interrupt they're casting and slash at them and repeat it. Or throw in a force shout to knock them down or stumble them and continue slashing. Just gotta have a good battle style, and remember to use your surroundings to your advantage. Also when going up against powerful archer characters its good to get the arrow blocking perk so you don't get damage from arrows hitting your shield.

mavet

lol if you're having such big problems playing the game, instead of whining about it, just press `tgm and all your problems are solved - jeesh...

HaxAras

The thing is most people go into the game just hack and slashing, the battle styles in this game or so far more advanced and indepth then any of the previous elder scrolls game. I use a one handed sword and shield and I tend to keep unrelenting force shout at hand. When battling mages or things that can cast magic I find it best to either hit them with arrows from a distance or get in close and when that cast on you, shield bash them in the face to interrupt they're casting and slash at them and repeat it. Or throw in a force shout to knock them down or stumble them and continue slashing. Just gotta have a good battle style, and remember to use your surroundings to your advantage. Also when going up against powerful archer characters its good to get the arrow blocking perk so you don't get damage from arrows hitting your shield.

Thanks For The Tips. I Won't be Doing The Story Anytime Soon though, I Just Run Into battle Greatsword Swinging. And It Cost Me A LOT Of Potions. I Think I'm Gonna Make A New Character. Then Lower The Difficulty, Get Used to The Game A Bit Then Come back, To my First.

lol if you're having such big problems playing the game, instead of whining about it, just press `tgm and all your problems are solved - jeesh...
That was rude and was not needed. Not everyone is going to be pro at the game and there are also going to be a lot of kids playing the game as well that need tips and help, not criticism and an ego.

But yeah HaxAras just take your time and learn the game, and try different stuff and learn from the game as you go. You'll get there.

HaxAras

That was rude and was not needed. Not everyone is going to be pro at the game and there are also going to be a lot of kids playing the game as well that need tips and help, not criticism and an ego.

But yeah HaxAras just take your time and learn the game, and try different stuff and learn from the game as you go. You'll get there.

Hahaha Thanks. My TV is a 1X1 So it's Incredibly Hard to Read Any Text. I Found A Really Cool Cave and leveled Up Quite A Bit. I'm Also Using A Orchish War-axe Now And That Dispatches People Pretty Fast. I'm Big On RPG's Just A Noob At The Elder Scrolls Series.

Scagnetti

I started out as a 2 handed warrior and it didn't work out very well for me. I made a new character as a Sniper with a bow and it is working out way better. High Hp mobs give me some trouble but i still get by.

thecelticlatino

I think Shawn Engbretson said it very well. Keep your battle style in mind and realize there are some enemies that your character simply can't face at lower levels. In Oblivion (and many rpgs) enemies tend to be scaled to your level whereas in Skyrim there are many enemies that are simply too powerful for your character to face. You can't go in and charge everything.

And mostly, just have fun with the game! :-). My suggestion is to try and join a guild or explore some nearby caves so your character can level up their skills and become stronger. If an enemy is too powerful its not wrong to run away and come back when you're stronger...best not to engage the mammoths and giants at all, just as a forewarning.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Dude it gets alot better as you get farther. I one hit alot of lower level monsters while I can take down a weak dragon before it has a chance to lift off again.

To build on what Shawn says, you want to build your character around your battle style. If you like to snipe with a bow, invest into bow and sneak abilities more readily than investing in two handed weapons. This game is quite challenging which is why its so awesome. If I get massively gunned down in an area, I'll avoid that area until I level up a few more times and find my weaknesses in that situation. Learn from your mistakes.

Oh and Shawn, it took me 12 tries when I finally beat Potema. I wish you luck when you go :D

Dude it gets alot better as you get farther. I one hit alot of lower level monsters while I can take down a weak dragon before it has a chance to lift off again.

To build on what Shawn says, you want to build your character around your battle style. If you like to snipe with a bow, invest into bow and sneak abilities more readily than investing in two handed weapons. This game is quite challenging which is why its so awesome. If I get massively gunned down in an area, I'll avoid that area until I level up a few more times and find my weaknesses in that situation. Learn from your mistakes.

Oh and Shawn, it took me 12 tries when I finally beat Potema. I wish you luck when you go :D

I can usually take down any dragon quite easily now specially with the DragonRend shout. But as to add on, would you think the game was fun if you could go around one hitting everything you came across? The game is suppose to be challenging and hard to keep you occupied with getting better and stronger and learning in the process. I would find the game absolutely boring if I could just go around killing everything with one hit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts