• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stiffy

I noticed that a lot of people mentioned dreaming about Skyrim in the "You know you're addicted when..." thread.
So, what was your dream?

I was lucky enough to have my first Skyrim dream the other night.

I was following a High Elf. He was going to use a ring and magic to bring down a barrier to grant me access to a cave. I needed the ring to finish my quest so I was to either kill him or pickpocket it.
There was a lot of following and exploring. It felt totally real... and awesome.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I've had loads, but nothing interesting or memorable happened in any of them, save two.

I actually have no idea what I was dreaming about in this instance, but when my boyfriend came to bed, I half-awoke, and started mumbling something about how my cat couldn't be an Imperial, he had to be a Nord. It made PERFECT SENSE to me in that moment, and I was trying so hard to explain my reasoning to my boyfriend... who, of course, had no idea what on earth I was talking about. Once I fully woke up, neither did I, and I was never able to figure it out.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream that combined Skyrim with Magic: the Gathering. I was playing Magic with some friends and tried to play a card that could only be played if I currently owned a Dragon Bone or Dragon Scale. I didn't have any on me, unfortunately: "I left them at my house in Riften! Right on the table! I do own them, I swear!'

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
My dreams usually involve just moving through the land on foot. I don't see myself, just the landscape changing as I move along, exactly as if you were playing in the first person point of view, but without your hands in the picture. What's interesting to me is how I can be running along flatlands and then be suddenly overlooking a spectacular view from a mountain. Then I'll literally fly off the mountain, landing safely in the valley below. I know. I wish I could actually do this in the game, instead of ragdolling down the mountainside, ending in a heap of kitty fur below. :eek:

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
i was thinking about killing Partharanuux and the blades start to like me or screw the blades, i dreamed that i used Console Commands to skip killing Parth and being with the blades, but when i went to Delphine she told me ''Great, you kill Parthranuux, but...where are his bones, could you bring us his bones'' then i was like ''WAIT??NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ANY BONES??"

I had this very vivid dream where I was combating a Falmer one on one. Apparently we had both become disarmed somehow and were fighting to the death with our bear hands. It was intense. I woke up panting and sweating. I had won the fight, and I felt a sense of accomplishment as I lay in my bed that morning. :p

PelagiusIV

Mine wasn't a dream, but the other day my fiance and I were driving and a buzzard flew out from the woods along the road and my first reaction was that it was a dragon. I almost made her crash because I jumped so badly and yelled dragon. That gave us some good laughs for awhile.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I've had a couple dreams of epic dragon slaying myself.

Docta Corvina

I have Skyrim dreams more often than is healthy, likely. :D Mine seem to start out generic/realistic enough, but then get pretty goofy. Case in point:

Most recently I had a brief, yet strangely musical one. It was likely directly correlated to having watched Chicago (one of the very few musicals I love, lol) earlier in the day. Basically, I wandered down into the Ragged Flagon as per Brynjolf's "come find me" quest and as soon as I did, "When you're good to Mama" song from Chicago starts playing out of nowhere, only with no one singing it. Just the music. But I then got the intro talk from Brynjolf and was introduced to pretty much everyone. After I woke up, I wished I'd gotten to see Mercer singing it or something (Mercer as Mama, omfg lol), but I wasn't quite lucky enough in my nighttime delusion sadly. Man, I'd pay the good money to see that. :p

I have this oddly persistent vision of the Thieves Guild as a 1920s-1930s gangster outfit. One of my favorite bands, Squirrel Nut Zippers, provides really good inspirational and background music for me when writing about the Guild (beginning a bit of Skyrim fiction at the moment, hehe). I'll be honest, one of my life goals is to create some decidedly lore-unfriendly costume mods for them sometime. Maybe when school's out in a few weeks, lol!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I just had this bizarre nightmare last night, in which I'd walked all the way to Ivarstead after a ridiculously long, hard journey. And then I'm like "YES! I finally made it! Graybeards, here I come!" And then all my teeth starting falling out. I was picking them up off the ground and putting them back in my mouth frantically. It was icky. >.<

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I had a really weird dream where I was watching Scouts-Many-Marshes (How did he get up there?) asking Uncle Paarthunax for permission to marry me (I am a dark elf... but he is sooooo sweet). At our wedding a bunch of dragons and all my frinds show up to watch. Paarthunax had the voice of Mario, Alduin was freakin Megatron (from robots in disguise), and the naked courier was a flower girl. WE say our "I do's" when suddnely maven black-brair shows up screaming, "I know the people!!" and proceeds to throw exploding sweet rolls at people... I then woke up, took a deep breath, and got on my xbox to play skyrim. and people wonder why I'm so messed up.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Last night I dreamed that I killed the Gourmet and was busily hiding his body in a lake, when Kharjo happened upon me, said "What has this one done?!" and ran off to report my crime. Sadly, I was forced to kill him to protect my secret.

I think playing through the Dark Brotherhood questline is getting to me. o.0

I actually dream of running through the wilderness, exploring ruins and sniping draugr/bandits with my bow :p It's gotten to the point that it's a recurring dream, skyrim's awesome ;)

wakka

damn nature you scary
my dreams are pretty boring to be fair lol
i tend to dream about walking around the land of skyrim picking up herbs and talking to strangers i see on the way. never had one where i kill a dragon or fight a group of bandit's :sadface:

neriad13 i have had the strange dream of teeth falling out too lol its not nice at all

there has been study's of gamer's and lucid dreams. they think the more you play the better control you have over your dreams.

Neriad13

Premium Member
my dreams are pretty boring to be fair lol
i tend to dream about walking around the land of skyrim picking up herbs and talking to strangers i see on the way. never had one where i kill a dragon or fight a group of bandit's :sadface:

neriad13 i have had the strange dream of teeth falling out too lol its not nice at all

there has been study's of gamer's and lucid dreams. they think the more you play the better control you have over your dreams.

Yeah, it's a surprisingly common dream. I believe that it has something to do with anxiety. Definitely gets your attention.

Huh, that's pretty cool. I guess...gaming is itself like dreaming? A gamer is controlling a body that doesn't strictly belong to him and gets good practice in by doing so...

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I have this oddly persistent vision of the Thieves Guild as a 1920s-1930s gangster outfit.

I now have this mental image of Brynjolf in 1920s attire.

At any rate, I have had events I think were dreams, frenetic fast-paced things that I knew were going on in Skyrim but I can't make any sense of them. I certainly didn't have any control over them, and was pretty sure it was just running around the place.

I heard about this too. I don't really play much video games, but I am a light sleeper and I daydream a lot, so I easily have lucid dreams. Probably because in video games you know you have near to full control of the world around you, then transferring this mindset into your dreams while you sleep.

Docta Corvina

I slept A LOT yesterday (and had a little hard cider in between naps, lol) and as a result, I had a series of dreams. I haven't even watched Disney's The Jungle Book in like 400 years, but I still managed to have a quick dream in which several of my favorite members of the TG were serenading my character with "That's What Friends Are For", the badass a cappella vulture song toward the end. Guess I was sad about something, lol. I don't know why....I just know it was EPIC.

Clearly I spend too much time hanging out with my Guild brethren. :p Maybe I'll start having dreams that blend Skyrim and Oblivion, since I finally got the latter game a couple days ago. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts