Skyrim Death Knight Build... How?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Ooohhhh gotta have the ebony mail from boethiah. its pretty badass man when you crouch it makes this black shadow mass around you turns you completely black.Not a bad piece of armor either

Jaeger

I would use the Ghost Blade though with an ebony shield with the shield of solitude enchant on it. It ignores armor and doesn't weigh anything (ie lots of attacks).

Lots of good shouts for a Death Knight. The two cold ones. The Ethereal one. The detect life spell (seeing souls and all that).

After you warriored up sufficently, go with the Ritual stone.

The daedric horse looks boss for a death knight.

Kickass119

this is the build I have, and I think it works quite well:

Race: Nord (why Nord? 50% frost resistance, that comes in handy later)
Special Features: White, long hair; blind eyes (since only draugr get blue glowing... lucky bastards)

Armor /w enchants

Silver Moonstone Circlet w/ reduced conjuration costs + something else, i forgot.

Silver Sapphire Necklace w/ reduced conjuration costs + something else.

Ebony Armor w/ frost resistance + health

Ebony Gloves w/ two handed and carry wieght

Silver Amethyst Ring w/ two handed and reduced destruction costs

Ebony Boots w/ Frosts resistance and carry weight

Weapon(s) w/ enchants

Daedric Greatsword w/ Frost damage* (primary) and soul trap** (secondary)

and/or

Ebony Battleaxe w/ Fear* (primary) and soul trap** (secondary)

*Set to max power
**set to about 3 seconds

Schools focused in

Two Handed (primary damage dealer)
*(moved)
Smithing (gotta maintain that gear)
Enchanting(need those strong enchants)
Conjuration(wouldn't be a dread... err, death-knight if you couldn't raise corpses)
Destruction(need to make your frost damage higher and to get frost cloak which looks super cool)

Secondary Schools

Restoration(i prefer not to because healing doesn't fit the death-knight persona, to much light and warm feelings)
Block(who doesn't like to block?)
Illusion(if you want to focus of casting fear spells, go right ahead)
*Heavy Armor(although more resistance is nice, since you'll be showing off your handsome face instead of hiding it inside a metal bucket, heavy armor perks don't really help)

Bio:

Abandoning the light of the Paladin's Guild, the dread... Death Knight pursues the dark arts and using his command of the powers of frost and undeath to wreck havoc on the souls of Skyrim, and all Tamriel...

Derpilocity

Might I recommend Ring of Namira? For a more of a death knight feel... And if your a WOW nerd like me, a more of an unholy feel :)

Were-cat

Going with the WoW theme for a DK, here is how I did mine:

2h - could do dw, but 2h is better lore wise, no shield, ever!
Conjuration - only undead (you will need to start a bit with other stuff first, but once you can go undead, do so)
Destruction - only frost spells
Heavy Armor
Smithing
Alchemy
Enchanting

No Bows, no shields, no restoration, no illusion, no sneaking, no pickpocket, no followers (except for storyline people), no Alteration
Stealing something is fine, just kill someone if you want their stuff, not pickpocket them.

These are just my rules for trying to follow a WoW DK. I liked how it worked out, was a ton of fun, and not really overpowered with using lesser summons and only frost spells. Also, mostly you are going to be using your 2h, not too much on the frost, more as a snare and a bit of burst damage. (like when summoning in middle of battle, one hand summon, other frost, then back to the 2h) Also enchanted my blade to be frost/soul trap. I would say, look at the DK talent trees, and their skills, and it should pretty obvious what to use. Hope this helps.

I personally disagree with Fallen Hero on the fire spells, and revenant spells, but that is my take on it. Never knew a DK to use fire.

I don't agree with alchemy tbh

Katastrophe

King of Tales
The Necro-Knight build posted on the Skyrim Blog is actually geared exactly to mimic the Death Knights of WoW Lore. I'm using it as the foundation for my character Tharas Frostborn in my roleplay, if you're interested in seeing that.

As far as race goes, any race would work since any race can become a Death Knight. However, if you want to keep with WoW Lore and a more "Lich King" like approach, Nord or Orc as the original Lich King was an Orc and the most recent, Arthas, was a human.

TheHaydz242

Sword in one hand, a magic spell in the other. Any magic spell to do with Revenent or Fireball will be fine.

A sword in one hand, A magic spell in the other. I'm the last of the dragonborn! There's no other, my brother so run for cover! ;)

1H is more versatile, because you can swap out a spell, shield, or dual wield as needed. IDK from WoW, I tried it, didn't really get into it, a little too cutesy for my taste. Anywhom, Conjuration (Necromancy) 1H, Block, HA, and Destruction (Maybe some late game Enchanting.) Going by the posted description, Cloak (Flame, or Frost, Storm isn't all that great) effects do DOT while you're slugging it out in the melee, so I second the Ebony mail as the armor of choice.

I don't like the Ebony Blade when it comes to actually using it, because you have to work up your 1H to get decent damage out of it (It's a sword, not a Greatsword, which takes up both hands) and then it gives you 2H Xp just because of who it comes from. Gauldur Blackblade, Blade of Woe, Windshear, Targe of the Blooded, and once you start enchanting, Ebony War Axe with Absorb Health, and Firey Soul Trap. (Or whatever, my personal choice.) Hack&Slash is awesom stacked with other DoT effects like On Fire, the targe of the Blooded, Falme Cloak, and the poision damage from the Ebony Mail. Absorb Health, just because, it looks cool, keeps you alive, and adds Moar damnage to your weapon.

Don't do Vampirism, nor the Necromancer's Amulet, their weaknesses don't make up for their strengths.

what about illusion? it can be considered dark magic
If you can fit it in, Frenzy is always fun, but it's perk intensive for 1 effect. Not real stealthy, so Quiet Casting, Invisibilty, and Muffle won't get a lot of mileage, even without the Ebony Mail. I'd vote: Optional.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts