PC Skyrim creators should be Blackballed from making games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
There is no reason for me to go to other threads and post. I made this thread to share my opinions. I will post in this thread. Not posting in other threads does not make me a troll. If you don't like it, I invite you not to read my threads. I didn't come here to fight with anyone, I came to tell of my views on the game. I will do so in the this thread for that purpose. No need to go elsewhere. If I went elsewhere I would be quilty of cross posting.

You guys really need to study the definition of internet troll because you are trying to apply to me a term that does not apply.
regardless of whether or not you are a troll, your arguments literally make no sense and it appears that you are just trying to get us all angry(which clearly worked haha) but there have been thread about what people do not like about the game. Dont get me wrong this game is not perfect and has flaws but what game doesnt? i respect your ability to share your opinions. but quite frankly most of them do not make any sense.

Onyx

I would say regarding the "guild" quests and the side and main quests I think might have been implemented better. For the DB, I found it fine, had the "main" questions (which imo where freaking epic! When I got the contract I was like WTF I am gonna kill HIM!?...awesome) and the side quests are the simple contracts you get from the Redguard. Reason for doing them? GOLD baby!

Not sure I get your point about there being "no point" to doing side quests/radiant quests after the main story is complete? For DB, you get a contract, speak to X and take out Y and get gold. Seems good to me? Obviously not everybody will be happy though but I find it quite fulfilling. If you also want to be "more" of a listener, take on of the new recurits with you and make them kill the target while you watch and observe (like training them so to speak). Can make it a bit more interesting.

I think the Main/Side quests for companions are a bit muddled though! I get about 1 side quest before I am forced on the main quest again which is a bit annoying imo and before I even knew it I was having werewolf blood stuffed down my throat! All I wanted to do was kill rats in somebody's basement! *cry*

Re: motivation (you mentioned a lack of it for the guild quests at least) not sure how to argue that one as I guess every person is motivated by something different? Mine changes in the game, my latest motivation was scraounding 37,000 septims so I could buy my wife a Masion in Solitude so she could move out of the cr*p hole in Riften :D

Done that now so now think I will dabble in a bit of civil war, mainly so I can smack some people around the head (very noble you see).

Those are some of my motivations and we all make our own so if you are not motivated (at least by the guild quests) maybe try something else or (I hate to say) maybe just accept this game, unfortunately is not to your tastes :sadface:

Dark Phoenox

Er.. have you guys seen the many of the game stopping bugs yet? Oh sure, if you just forget about tons of quests, just ignore them like they were never there it wont bother you.

Read the wiki's and some larger forums like Steam. There are tons of major quest breaking bugs that don't have fixes.. even console fixes. This game was play tested by no one it seems. There are so many major bugs that it would have been impossible for even a small bug hunting group to not find them. Some Really major annoying bugs like the many things that can break the quest for the Thaneship and house in Windhelm are just way too obvious not to have missed. Oblivion had some bad bugs yes, but nothing as bad as the bugs this group made.

It has been said dragons are not scripted. This is official by the director of Skyrim himself. Bold lie. It's fun to watch the dragons repeat patterns over and over and laugh at the thought that this kid is so sure of his lie that he thinks no one will notice. Stupid kid. (Todd Howard)

Aside from that, dragons are not scripted yet - they can burn down towns at one time and not others. They can eat people at some times but never children. They can never enter town proper locations anytime they want to. Not scripted? How about Skyrim players are Not Stupid as Mr Howard The Duck would have us believe.

Onyx

Er.. have you guys seen the many of the game stopping bugs yet? Oh sure, if you just forget about tons of quests, just ignore them like they were never there it wont bother you.

Read the wiki's and some larger forums like Steam. There are tons of major quest breaking bugs that don't have fixes.. even console fixes. This game was play tested by no one it seems. There are so many major bugs that it would have been impossible for even a small bug hunting group to not find them. Some Really major annoying bugs like the many things that can break the quest for the Thaneship and house in Windhelm are just way too obvious not to have missed. Oblivion had some bad bugs yes, but nothing as bad as the bugs this group made.

It has been said dragons are not scripted. This is official by the director of Skyrim himself. Bold lie. It's fun to watch the dragons repeat patterns over and over and laugh at the thought that this kid is so sure of his lie that he thinks no one will notice. Stupid kid. (Todd Howard)

Aside from that, dragons are not scripted yet - they can burn down towns at one time and not others. They can eat people at some times but never children. They can never enter town proper locations anytime they want to. Not scripted? How about Skyrim players are Not Stupid as Mr Howard The Duck would have us believe.

It is true, Skyim has a lot of bugs and there is really no defence against this (in any game) despite the fact that bugs in games now days are common.
HOWEVER, when compared to previous titles like Oblivion and Morrowind (which I believe was the original point of this article), this argument does not really stack up, as both those games where also released with a wide range of bugs, as was Fallout 3 (another Bethesday title), so knocking down Skyrim on bugs when compared to previous titles which also had lots of bugs does not really make sense. That point seems more like Skyrim bashing than anything else...

re: Dragons. Well, all enemies have to be scripted to some extent (otherwise they would just stand there?). It is true, Dragon encounters do get fairly predictable, but what is the alternative?

Also, I think the point being made was that their appearance is not scipted, i.e they can appear at random and also their actions are somewhat random, yet they only have a limited amount of actions they can perform which, in turn, makes them predictable. The question I guess, then becomes, what alternatives are there to make them "less predictable"? Considering the terrain in the game varies so much, they have to set a low number of actions that can be performed almost anywhere (but not always, which leads to dragons just flying around and then leaving). I would assume, given the size and diversity of the game, in order to give Dragons more actions, the dev's would have to play them in specific locations so they have greater control, thus taking out the random element. Against specific named dragons in specific locations, I have noticed at least these encounters vary from the vanilla ones.

Also, this is not specific to Dragons, or Skyrim, all enemies are scripted to the extent they have a specific set of actions they can perform, so when fighting trolls, bandits etc, one will notice they perform similarly in most encounters. This was the same in previous titles as well. And lets face it, the TES series is not know for stellar tactical enemy AI.

Sorry, but it does sound that the latest post has anything to do with the OP's point of arguing that Skyrim is not as good as it's predecessors, but is simple Skyrim Bashing, which is a shame.

SaveVsBedWet

They really messed up Skyrim. They departed from traditional Elder Scrolls lore and changed it like in how the Dark brotherhood did things. As listener My job is to get the contractrs from The Night Mother and deliver them to the members who will do the job. At least thats what Oblivion taught us. in skyrim, as listener, you still acted like a Pee-On member doing the jobs and had no perks. They don't give you any perks or reasons to visit the guilds after you do all the main quests.. at least in Oblivion you could be in charge, take part in the money making. In Skyrim you do not have to do all sub quesats for each guild like you did in Oblivion before finishing the quest line.. this sucks cus you miss so much without even realising it.

The forts were Much bigger and better in Oblivion.. with twisty passages you could get lost in.. not in skyrim, they were made for 8 year olds. Horses were way better in Oblivion, they looked and moved more realistic than Skyrim.Not to mention the fact you cannot ride in first person what a stupid move that was on the devs part. No realism at all. The horses move like cartoon characters.

I could go on and on but i'm sure some folks will like to add their angst to the list.
Skyrim is a waterdown lack luster Elder Scrolls game that does not fill the Morrowind/ Oblivion roots it came from. I thought the idea was to improve the series.. I guess the developers lost sight of that.

I hope the Modding community can fix everything that is wrong with this game but they sure have their work cut out for them.

I'm currently level 36 and have been almost everywhere on the map. I'm super bored with this game unlike Morrowind and Oblivion wich i played for months before i got to the end. I have been playing Skyrim less than a week. The quests are way too few and way too easy with little or no thought given to making the quest challenging where you have to use your brain. perhaps things will get batter but I doubt it. Shame on Skyrim devs for making this long awaited game such watered down drivel.

I join you in your hope that the Modding community can fix everything that is wrong with this game and make sure it gets batter. I wanted pancakes this morning and couldn't have any because nobody got me batter. I wouldn't wish a lack of batter on anyone because there might be nothing else around but Shredded Wheat. And if nobody got suga either...

Xiomn

A L L H A I L O B L I V I O N - NEW GAMES DOESN'T MEAN IT'S AUTOMATICALLY BETTER LIKE ALL YOU NOOBS THINK BEFORE A GAME IS EVEN RELEASED YOU THINK ITS GOING TO BE AWESOMESAUCE. FAIIL LOLOL ARE YOU PSYCHO MANTIS OR SUMET BRO? just admit it.. just because a game has better graphics the majority of you instantly think it's a better game. ALL HAIL OBLIVION MEHRUNES DAGON FOR THE WIN MYTHIC DAWN FOR THE WIN HOW CAN YOU NOT AGREE CLEARLY IT'S BETTER THAN A STUPID FANTASY DRAGON LIKE DRAGONAGE AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT LOLOL even oblivion has memorable characters fluff i still remember adamus philida grey fox ocheeva and teinaava whereas no one interests me in skyrim and i don't see why people think the npcs in skyrim have more emotion when if you play oblivion it's evident that npcs have more emotion. I'm sure people feel the same way as i do about morrowind. COME AT ME BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
It sounds like they simplified their game, compared to previous installments. I agree that simplification and streamlining is needed, but they didn't go about it in a particularly intelligent or interesting way. It does seem it was made for kids at times.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
It's like the guy who says The Star Wars Prequels are garbage, and the original three are much better. In that case he would be absolutely right, however when it comes to Skyrim, he is dead wrong. Though I haven't played Oblivion, I watched my brother-in-law play it and compared to Skyrim it just doesn't measure up, frankly. The graphics, story lines, and basic movement just seem crappy in comparison to Skyrim. If he hates Skyrim so much, why is he still playing it? Level 36, really. Why didn't he just toss the game in garbage and go back to playing his beloved Oblivion if he is that disgusted with Skyrim?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Sad to say, but if a developer wants more customers to be interested in their game, making it easier to play can accomplish that. I have a lot of friends who won't be touching Morrowind and Oblivion simply because it's too complicated. Not because it's old or inferior to Skyrim in anyway.

Now Bethesda has more folks playing their game and potential customers that will stick around for the next installments. It's all about business.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
They should be blackballed... I kind of like that. They should be forced to play a bugged quest over and over again for 40 days, eating only sweet rolls.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
I believe there was no skeevers in Oblivion. You're argument is invalid. :cool:

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
Oh...sorry :oops: didnt mean to offend

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
No. I am just bothered that this thread is back up again. This thread devolved into accusing each other of trolls and etc. Skyrim criticism is a welcome topic of discussion. It's just that this thread is bad from the start and should've been gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts