Skyrim 3rd DLC Ideas? please discuss

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hydra

Someone mentioned a dragon cult-related storyline.

Why shouldn't we get a choice in our allegiance? All any of the people of Skyrim EVER do is whine about their problems and get the dragonborn, a legendary warrior, to do some task like delivering shipments and all that crap. What if the dragonborn gets as annoyed of it as I have and wants to join up with the dragons themselves? All they ever do is find me looking for honorable fights.

F*** the blades, Paarthurnax is my homeboy and Odahviing's my bro.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I would love something like Shivering Isles, not the location or the story but just the amount of new material. A new world to explore, enemies to kill and loot to sell. God, was that expansion ever worth it.

Story-wise, wouldn't matter to me what direction they would go in, just as long as its gripping and keeps me immersed for a long while.

thebatman

Does any one else think that it would be cool to expand on how winterhold was destroyed. and maybe help rebuild the city. it may not be a whole dlc but it would be an interesting side quest.

rebel

I woupd actually like to become a jarl of my own hold with battles for territory with the thalmor or whoever is in my way and work to get the moot going where you have the choice to become high king or stay in your current station

Agentoringe

Another 200 hours gameplay minimum...the falmer issue was pretty much settled w dawnguard, bc that was the biggest concentration of falmer in skyrim and you kinda massacre all of them, lol, dwemer, nah, wait til the NEXT big expansion, I imagine it would probably be a Thalmor expansion, featuring new spells, new enemies, and for goodness sakes new armor lol wouldn't mind an expanded perk tree to accommodate more light armor, bc let's face it, light armor is almost useless other than cosmetically...I imagine they would view the infiltration of the dragon born into the embassy as a renig on the treaty and or the events at the college resulting in ancanos death, even though he was power hungry he's still Thalmor...or say, stemming off a Thalmor invasion into the jungles of elyswere in a smaller DLC, adding new mounts, yay rideable saber cats! Lol then expanding into an all out war, but personally I doubt if they will reveal the mysteries of the dwemer anytime soon, if at all, and If they do they will distract you w more awesome stuff first and surprise us w it lol

BSE

I agree with a lot of people who said that the game seemed to leave a Thalmor story open-ended, and that would probably be the best and easiest type of dlc to do.

I also agree that something involving the Dwemer would be cool. However, I dont think it would be good for a dlc, even a big one. I think they should hold off on the dwemer until the next full TES game, and make the main story about them.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I agree with a lot of people who said that the game seemed to leave a Thalmor story open-ended, and that would probably be the best and easiest type of dlc to do.

I also agree that something involving the Dwemer would be cool. However, I dont think it would be good for a dlc, even a big one. I think they should hold off on the dwemer until the next full TES game, and make the main story about them.

I think that Thalmor and maybe Dwemer should be left for a TES title in Hammerfall and Highrock (Hammerfall taking precedence if that would be too big). The possible redemption of the Falmer can really only be covered in Skyrim and would provide that race for future TES games. The Dwemer could also return in Skyrim DLC, but a story set in Hammerfall with the Thalmor and returning Dwemer armies colliding, with the Redguard nation caught in between, would be epic.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I think that Thalmor and maybe Dwemer should be left for a TES title in Hammerfall and Highrock (Hammerfall taking precedence if that would be too big). The possible redemption of the Falmer can really only be covered in Skyrim and would provide that race for future TES games. The Dwemer could also return in Skyrim DLC, but a story set in Hammerfall with the Thalmor and returning Dwemer armies colliding, with the Redguard nation caught in between, would be epic.

I wanna go to Hammerfell too.

And I want Iorveth armor.
lwKIQ.jpg

rebel

Honestly I would like to see just an update on hearthfire dlc so we can use the display cases add more to our houses I.e. wall, cellar door outside , add more rooms and make houses out of stone as an option

I'm pretty sure that with Hearthfire's release that there's only a few possible options.
1. A Halloween or Christmas themed type dlc. (unlikely but plausible)
2. Creating a town around your new house.
You own the land, you've already built on it and knowing bethesda it was all just a set-up for something bigger. The only thing I can think of as a bigger add-on for Hearthfire would be building a fort.

It would be cool if on Halloween for just that one day loads of Drauger just start walking the whole of Skyrim, randomly attacking those that get in their way. Just for the one day.

i`d love to see the armor set`s being more divided into subcatigories. meaning that.
in addition to a helmet, hat or any other headgear one may have the possiblility to wear a mask in addition.
beneth the bodyarmor one may ware a additional set of clothes (such as a chain armor)
arms being sperated into upper arm, arm bed and hand wich all can have different setts of armor put on them.
legs also may be differentiated adding "trousers" or "leg armor" and maybe a kilt!
and the possibility to have a ring on each individual finger except for the thumb.
and since heartfire made it possible to design your own house - why not make it possible to design the shape of you weapons.

I'd love to see all of this. :Dragonborn:

Harperlarp

i'd like quests that involve serving the gods. for example, i liked doing those little do-gooder missions for the temple of Mara (yeah, they were harmless and involved zero combat) but i liked the idea of helping to expand a religion, and there was also Erandur who converted a Daedric temple into a church for Mara, so i'd like if they expanded on those kinds of ideas - help to spread a god or goddess' influence throughout Skyrim, working with priests and having places consecrated... some religions might require you to sacrifice people or animals and punish certain blasphemers, and you might end up chosing to help one cult overthrow another god's group of followers. or does that idea suck?

I want to say something anti religious here but then I remember it's just a game and the gods do indeed exist within The Elder Scrolls so I guess this could be an ok idea for dlc. Daedric artifact quests were always fun. I only really want one thing in dlc form:

Raise the level caps for skills to 200 and add more perks to the trees. This would enable me to keep playing as my main character in dlc as I don't fancy levelling up all the skills I don't make use of just to keep levelling up my character, and once my character stops levelling up I lose a lot I motivation for playing as them, hence I've made over a dozen so far. C'mon Bethesda, it's not hard to make it possible for fans to get more out of their characters. Do example the level 200 perk on two handed woul let you dual wield two handed weapons. Level 200 in conjuration would let you have 3 o even 4 summons at once!

That's what I want from dlc. Or even just an update, not some dlc that turns skyrim into a chore (baking bread, babysitting etc)

A DLC where you take out the Thalmor with either the Stormcloak or the Imperial army, but it won't be just like the civil war where you've defeated the other side within a few days, a week or two tops. It'll be an epic struggle that goes on for months and with massive battles. And since the Thalmor are mainly mages the war will be more epic. And depending on how you play and how well the battles go you will either win or lose the war and that effects all of Skyrim.

That would be nice but, it must include throwing weapons. I WANT THROWING WEAPONS!!!

Tarvos

I don't have idea for a grand DLC, but I would like to see throwing knives/stars and some dyes that we can make on the alchemy table. :)

LiL KiNG

I don't have idea for a grand DLC, but I would like to see throwing knives/stars and some dyes that we can make on the alchemy table. :)

Ditto. Doesn't even have to be a dye you can craft yourself, but maybe a merchant that can dye your armor for you for a price. Hey I don't know about you but I have more gold than I can spend right now, in fact I don't even pick up something for loot unless I need it or it has a 1 lb/20 gp ratio or better now.

I would also love to see better character skins. Its been long enough, and there are so many great mods on the nexus that smooth features, flowing hair and better hair styles, more eye options, etc. that I think it's time they took a few minutes and updated the vanilla game with some of this. I know as an xbox player I would love for this to happen more than being able to adopt children...

And more clothing/armor options because lets face it, as is elven and dwarf suck hard and don't even look good. Don't have to replace what's already here, just add more options to craft. Most of the armor mods I've seen that look good just focused on changing colors and removing parts of armor sets already in place to change up how it covers you.

The environment looks great, now for the people!

For the love of all that's holy though no more vampire dlcs. Ever. I'm worn out with the Underworld, Twilight, fanboy love of vampires. DG made them look good I'll grant that, but it's old and tired now. Move on.

dean roberts

a mission to assassinate your own leader .... ulfric/general tullius ... and build your own army of maybe forsworn and turn on whatever army you were with or both armies if you didnt do the war :)

okay for most of you who want the falmer/thalmor uprising and the dwemer... let me start with the falmer, okay this would be a dumb idea mainly because the falmer has been covered completely plus there is no new content there. no new armor, weapons, or any other content. Because the Falmer were only in skyrim so where would new content come from anyway, and how many quests have there been already involving them ? Tons. So please no more falmer discussion. As for the dwemer. These guys have been a mystery since TES Series has begun and there is not much backstory or lore about them... at all. All we know is that they were some extremely advanced race that disappeared thousands of years ago ( skyrim lore ). So to have something as small as a DLC for it would probably suck because theres to much story and content for it. It meaning the DLC. and besides i like the mystery of the disappearing dwemer and finding new dwemer artifacts to put them back in the world would take away from that. Plus we have already brought back a race that was said to be extinct anyway. To bring back another would be overkill.

Moving on to the Thalmor, this idea actually isnt a bad one. Thalmor are badass to fight and are a huge part of TES Lore between Oblivion and Skyrim, and played a big role in skyrim. This would be a DLC that would be worth the countless hours i spend playing Skyrim. and if they are going to do it make sure to add more new locations then the Dawnguard DLC did. and as much content as the Shivering isles did.

But this forum is about ideas so i will share some of my ideas id would like to see come to skyrim...

A war between thalmor and stormcloaks/empire like the paragraph above. If not that then maybe a dlc for new factions and new locations. Also maybe add some new armor and weapons and not just faction armor and weapons. but maybe some foreign armors. Example: Cyrodiilic steel, leather, or iron armors. that look more medieval european or rennaisance armor. like kinda what it looked like in oblivion (something like it, not exactly.) and new variants of existing armor sets. or the ability to customiz and craft your own armor. But also definitely new epic quests that take you to other locations through out tamriel.

Also add in new house and home additions. Maybe some different clothing and items for your children. Also maybe add in some city occasions. Like festivals and other nordic traditions that are in lore. ( I know this may sound stupid but its small stuff like that, that makes a huge difference in gameplay experience. Hammerfell, Elsweyr, and maybe back to cyrodiil would be some pretty awesome places to explore.

TheRealJT1990

Elder Scrolls Sage
I believe the war ideas should be that. Like at the start there is the moot and the leader of the victorious army (let's say Ulfric as an example) asks you to accompany him at a new location and there is an assassination attempt not long after the thalmor arrive to oversea this (crying about it) only for war to be declared. We later find out that it was a coup staged by one of the Jarls to fake an attempt on the thalmor's life as an excuse to start a war as a cover for a deeper threat. Like some secret dungeon delving plops into some great underground worl or somethin that grants amazing boosts to power. The battles are long and hard fought, forts must be fortified properly with soldiers to be trained, hired and patrolling. Leading different units and guiding their movement. Random attacks and conspiracys to solve. Assassins to hire or stop. The option to join the thalmor should exist. The good guys will end up travelling to atmora to learn the secret behind it's freezing (magically changed by the new thalmor weapon or power they are trying to achieve secretly) and there are new locations to discover with new weapon types for each material, new armour types and new designs. Cities can be rebuilt, and the possibility of becoming a jarl after the mole is found will be open or you choose someone you trust and the option to be king halfway through should be available, choosing Jarls and stewards if any die in the war. New perks for skills and new permanent perks and active affects. New spells and shouts too, not just a few but plenty. Creating a small town or two and filling up fortresses with sieges would be amazing. Anything else to add or is this ok??

TheRealJT1990

Elder Scrolls Sage
Also, it shouldn't make the shivering isles mistake that once you reach the top rank there is little for you to do as the king. You can approve expeditions, assign new guard captain, set up new policies, commision demolitions and reconstructions. Missions should be smarter, and the dlc shouldn't be over in a week of game time. It should be well constructed and have a lot of replay value. There's plenty of ideas on this forum and I know Bethesda are watching. Hearthfire was too small and restricted bcoz you could only make the same types of houses, just different wings and loads of useless beds that had to be put up or suffer from and empty space in the rooms. Dawnguard was too short, the vampires weren't that powerful coz they were still the same but with a transformation into a creature that's stil slow and has basic abilities to what you can have already (paralysis spell, turning ethereal, slowing time, conjuring and raising the dead. The vampire should have had physical improvements too, such as a super quick sprint when walking, minor flight to an extent when hovering, improved jump height and distance, knockback hand to hand ability and more. Plus we need a teleporting spell, like the one mod used for PC. Us Xbox users need more magical abilities to get to hard to reach places, since jump height is rubbish since acrobatics has been taken away. We're slow bcoz speed has been taken away. We need more Bethesda, more and not less. We trusted you this long and still have hope bcoz of your brilliant work. Read our ideas, don't just stick with your own. As loyal fans and customer our ideas and opinions should matter a lot to you also. Anyone agree with my ideas or have I left anything out??

One thing I'd like would be the ability to climb, similar to Assassins Creed style because my character's live in a mountainous region and once a slope becomes too steep, they're to stupid to try and climb the rocks. Making for annoying time wasting trying to find a way to the top. Also it would be cool to be able to clime on to roof tops to use stealthy archery or to end up in sword duels on a rooftop etc. Just a small thing I'd like to see come with a larger DLC, I'm liking the lean towards taking down the Thalmor, like the idea of being able to lead troops and would be nice to be recognised for doing great things. Also... I want disguises to work!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts