Should lethal injection method be replaced with Justin Bieber songs?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
How lethal Injection works

So instead of wasting money on these drugs should the government replaces these drugs with endless hours of forcing the criminal to listen to Justin Bieber songs until they themselves are driven to commit suicide?

Lethal Injection seems to be too weak for someone who is convicted of a heinous crime.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Torture is forbidden by international law, then again US doesn't really follow it with their Black Site Prisons where torture and inhumane practices are done. Well no country really follows it, since we're all in on it. We know we do it, but no one wants to hear about it. People don't want the truth, the lie is much easier to accept.

As for Justin Bieber, that kid could break an SAS Soldier into talking, and they're trained to resist torture, SAS training doesn't prepare one for an hour with Justin.

Raijin

Torture is necessary to obtain valuable information from people that affiliates themselves in terrorist organizations. It is a good tool to use on murder suspects who refuses to tell the authorizes where they stash their victims body at. Unfortunately our law prohibits this kind of practice because it's considered inhumane and cruel.

If you do bad things to other people you forfeit your right to be treated as a human being.

Justin Bieber and the twilight series are great torture methods to get people to talk.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Torture is necessary to obtain valuable information from people that affiliates themselves in terrorist organizations. It is a good tool to use on murder suspects who refuses to tell the authorizes where they stash their victims body at. Unfortunately our law prohibits this kind of practice because it's considered inhumane and cruel.

If you do bad things to other people you forfeit your right to be treated as a human being.

Justin Bieber and the twilight series are great torture methods to get people to talk.

Torture is not necessary to obtain information, torture has actually been proven to be ineffective in gaining reliable information hence it was stopped largely. Now it's mainly used on Special Forces in training to see their breaking points, not intelligence gathering. You torture someone, they will say anything. You ask them if they're a cat and they'll say yes. Torture of terrorists doesn't actually give you anything, you can't break someone who was going to blow themselves up.

I'm actually rather shocked you find it unfortunate that torture is prohibited, it doesn't give you reliable information and using torture on a suspect? What if they're innocent, you can't simply torture someone because they're a suspect. In murders there are generally several suspects, first suspect is either the husband or the wife.

Not everyone can simply torture someone, you have to be pretty messed up to be able to live with what you do. It isn't something the mind can handle all the time, torture not only harms the victim but the mental state of the person carrying it out.

Torture is used these days as revenge, enjoyment or even a statement of control. You can't gain reliable information, they know this, we know this. So why do we still do it when doing interrogation? Because we like to be in control.

Raijin

Torture is not necessary to obtain information, torture has actually been proven to be ineffective in gaining reliable information hence it was stopped largely. Now it's mainly used on Special Forces in training to see their breaking points, not intelligence gathering. You torture someone, they will say anything. You ask them if they're a cat and they'll say yes. Torture of terrorists doesn't actually give you anything, you can't break someone who was going to blow themselves up.

I'm actually rather shocked you find it unfortunate that torture is prohibited, it doesn't give you reliable information and using torture on a suspect? What if they're innocent, you can't simply torture someone because they're a suspect. In murders there are generally several suspects, first suspect is either the husband or the wife.

Not everyone can simply torture someone, you have to be pretty messed up to be able to live with what you do. It isn't something the mind can handle all the time, torture not only harms the victim but the mental state of the person carrying it out.

Torture is used these days as revenge, enjoyment or even a statement of control. You can't gain reliable information, they know this, we know this. So why do we still do it when doing interrogation? Because we like to be in control.

Perhaps the criminals in your country are pussy cats while the ones here are not. They would proudly murder one of your family members, and refuse to tell you where they stash the body at. What do you do in that situation? Give them money so they can talk? Give them a plea deal? Yeah lets promise them that they wouldn't seek death if they tell the authorizes where he stashed your families members body at. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and they still refuse even if they were offered a plea deal.

Not everyone can torture or to execute someone, but someone has to do it. Criminals aren't going to play nice, and so they have to be tortured to the point of them cracking up.

Do you think people in Animal shelters are sick in the head for euthanizing healthy kittens/cats/puppies and dogs? Theirs just not enough homes for these animals, and not enough space. It takes a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ to care for these animals.

sticky runes

I don't think I've actually heard any of justin bieber's songs. all I hear about is how he smuggled a monkey on a plane, pissed his own fans off by showing up late to his own concert and tried to make Anne Frank into his necro-groupy.

If you wanted to torture me to death, just sit me in a room with Cheryl Cole and One Direction. Somebody won't be getting out of there alive.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Perhaps the criminals in your country are pussy cats while the ones here are not. They would proudly murder one of your family members, and refuse to tell you where they stash the body at. What do you do in that situation? Give them money so they can talk? Give them a plea deal? Yeah lets promise them that they wouldn't seek death if they tell the authorizes where he stashed your families members body at. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, and they still refuse even if they were offered a plea deal.

50-100 years ago when cops were pretty much allowed to do whatever they felt was neccesary; there was ALOT of false confessions. Why? Because like Drunkenmage said, people will say anything, no matter the implications, to get someone to stop kicking the plops out of them.

Not everyone can torture or to execute someone, but someone has to do it. Criminals aren't going to play nice, and so they have to be tortured to the point of them cracking up.

Do you think people in Animal shelters are sick in the head for euthanizing healthy kittens/cats/puppies and dogs? Theirs just not enough homes for these animals, and not enough space. It takes a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ to care for these animals.

You know it takes a lot of money for the death penalty too? In most cases, more than life in prison. The long court process, trial delays, legal loopholes... it all adds up. So your money argument doesn't hold up.

For someone who allegedly hates Republicans, you sure as hell sound like one.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I always thought if you wanted to torture Muslim extremists, the worst thing you could possibly do to them is hire a dominatrix to humiliate them. A powerful woman is their worst nightmare.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Doesn't matter where you're from, doesn't make you a tougher criminal. You live in a deluded world if you believe torture gives valuable information, torture has been proven time and time again as ineffective in gaining reliable information, the brain cannot think properly while under extreme pain and once you hit a certain point the brain shuts down and they no longer feel the pain. Torture is ineffective since it only lasts a certain time until the body of the victim shuts down from the shock. It carries high risk of killing the victim, what are you going to do? Kill them twice? Nothing you can do will make what they say reliable since they will say anything because they can't think straight. They'll tell you they're the President of Candy land if you asked them. Point of them cracking up? Once you break someones mind, they are useless, so cracking them or breaking them gives nothing, all you're left with is a broken mind and mindless babble.

Raijin

50-100 years ago when cops were pretty much allowed to do whatever they felt was neccesary; there was ALOT of false confessions. Why? Because like Drunkenmage said, people will say anything, no matter the implications, to get someone to stop kicking the pl*** out of them.

I'm going to ask you the same question that I asked Drunkenmage. Lets just pretend that you are an interrogator for the police department. You're perusing a case that is heinous and gruesome. A man in his 50s went out and murdered a child and disclosed of the body so that no one could find him. Base on the strong evidence (It use to be where you cannot convict someone unless if you had a body) he was found guilty, and was sentenced to live in prison without the possibly of parole. He refuses to acknowledge where the body is. What do you do in that situation? How do you get someone to speak without using torture as a method? What is the right technique?

You know it takes a lot of money for the death penalty too? In most cases, more than life in prison. The long court process, trial delays, legal loopholes... it all adds up. So your money argument doesn't hold up.

No it doesn't. The only thing that's costing us money is the ridiculous criminal justice system here in the US. Once you're found guilty base on DNA (It doesn't lie) evidence you should be executed on that day, or on the next day. No waiting for 5 or 10 years later. As for the cost of the execution it self... were dealing with harden criminals here. Why should they get an easy death by Lethal Injection? That is whats so cost worthy. I'm in favor of bringing back the guillotine. Not sure why people view it gruesome. Even Adolf Hitler found it typically degrading form of execution. Perhaps they should checkout the crime scene photos of what that particular person did.... and do a comparison on what is more gruesome.

Criminals do not provide their victims pain killers prior to killing them. Their victims experienced gruesome pain prior to their deaths. Why should they be put forced into a coma like stage, and to be given a lethal cocktails of drugs without feeling any pain?

I share similar political views of a Liberal and as a conservative. I'm not pure. I suppose I'm a hybrid. :)

SprSynJn

Perhaps I'm alone on this one, but putting me in a room with Gaga would drive me more insane than with Bieber. At least I could carry a conversation on with the latter without wanting to inject myself.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn

I don't intend to offend you.
But don't you forfeit your right to be treated as a human being if you torture someone?

Reaper87

吉光
I can just imagine this now... A guy in a rubber room, wearing a strait-jacket and forced to listen to "Baby" on repeat until he tells where the Rebel Alliance's Base is...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Personally I agree with raijin,the punishment should match the crime,if you can butcher someone without any trace of sympathy then you're no longer worthy of being called human thus moral standards should go out the window.

I know : an eye for an eye makes the world blind, but sometimes its needed

original_funk

Iron is coming
Not only do I strongly disagree with this, I also think it's unconstitutional. Isn't there something about the banning of "cruel and unusual punishment"?
It's just unbearably cruel, no one deserves that kind of horrible punishment, not even the worst criminals.

I personally don't agree with the death penalty, but it is far less cruel then playing Justin Bieber to someone

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead

I remember my health teacher in high school discussed this with us during my freshman year. She was former FBI and was very well versed in psychology, so I believed her when she said torture isn't a very effective means of obtaining information. She told us how being calm, collected and trying to gain the person's trust is a much more effective means to an end. While people undergoing torture will say anything to make it stop. Think of paragon Commander Shepard if you will.

Still I'm sure there are some cases where giving a guy a less then friendly interrogation would be better then trying to get on their good side. But as for outright torture? There's really no need.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member

50-100 years ago when cops were pretty much allowed to do whatever they felt was neccesary; there was ALOT of false confessions. Why? Because like Drunkenmage said, people will say anything, no matter the implications, to get someone to stop kicking the pl*** out of them.

Are you seriously going to place all Republicans in the same boat?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts