• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato
I would just use speech to accomplish that character trait. Its more realistic
Speech gives you only ability to bribe, persuade and intimidate (and with intimidate you only get information if you are successful you can't make them attack you for example.) While illusion provides you to calm the enemy or use a frenzy spell to start a "bar fight" and use confusion for making diversion to escape.

Panthera

Don Gato
I wouldn't want a Robin Hood character to be some invisible superpower like some people are making him. The whole idea behind Robin Hood was the sense of danger because everyone knew he wasn't particularly strong, but he used what he had to his advantage, and was clever in how he used his modest skills. To me, making a super-powerful character with 100 sneak and 100 archery is massive overkill.

Robin Hood wasn't some super-powerful assassin, he was a noble thief, who preferred acting without too much bloodshed for the good of those less fortunate. At least, that's the image I have of him.

This is how I'd build him, but this would take a long time because most of what he did wouldn't be centred around combat.
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

He'd mostly do Delvin's jobs and Vex's burglary and sweep jobs. Other jobs would include delivery jobs for various NPCs, Find jobs (such as Kharjo's amulet, etc), and Clear jobs (such as the spiders in Shor's Stone's mine).

He'd probably use either a Forsworn or a Supple Ancient Nord Bow, with cheap arrows, and probably a Scimitar, all smithed to a decent standard (like, superior or flawless) using looted smithing gear and bought/found smithing potions. Robin Hood wasn't a master craftsman, as far as I know.

In terms of armour, I'd be tempted to go with Thieves Guild set, although considering I wouldn't want to do much fighting I'd probably use this clothing item with Thieves Guild Boots and Gauntlets. For headgear I'd use either a green Cowl, or Linwe's Hood.

IMAG0151_zpse6d857e2.jpg

Strangely enough, I had a character running around in Linwe's Armour set already :p
Bro this is skyrim... I wonder how you will survive when you reach lvls above 50? I have character which I play on master and it has only clothing on it... now that i have downguard i have vampire set of armor to be honest. But still i need to run away from bears and trolles if they spot me first!

Mastering the sneak skill and putting all of the perks on the skill tree is most essential if you want to avoid fighting as much as possible

Btw awesome set of armor/clothing to look more like Robin Hood! :)

AS88

Staff member
Bro this is skyrim... I wonder how you will survive when you reach lvls above 50? I have character which I play on master and it has only clothing on it... now that i have downguard i have vampire set of armor to be honest. But still i need to run away from bears and trolles if they spot me first!

Mastering the sneak skill and putting all of the perks on the skill tree is most essential if you want to avoid fighting as much as possible

Btw awesome set of armor/clothing to look more like Robin Hood! :)

That's the idea, the character wouldn't reach much more than Level 45, ever.

If Robin Hood saw a bear or troll, I expect he'd run, too. So that's fine by me :p

I don't think you need any more than the first perk in "Stealth," more than that makes sneak way over-powered, and I think the Silence and Shadow Warrior are both over-powered, too.

The clothes? Thanks, it's just Linwe's Boots, Gauntlets and Hood, with the generic NPC Clothes piece. I agree, I think it's about the closest you could get without mods :)

Twiffle

if youve got dawnguard installed with the crossbow you could go for William Tell. . . :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts