• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XhoppX

I'm thinking the Riften house, just for the location. Champion of the poor. lol, Although completing the TG quests goes completely against Riften draging them down as a hold. Still makes a nice setting IMO

also i think the Guild Master Armor would look good for that character

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
You can also give money to passing farmers and such. Anyhow, I've started this now and I'm having a blast. I've never played a stealthy archery type before so it's all very new to me.

For those who want pictures, is there any way for me to take a screenshot while playing on an Xbox?

Too bad BRAVADO isn't a skill tree

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
So I just got the Nightingale Armour set. I don't think I'll use it though; I don't know, it just looks kind of 'evil' LOL. Not very Robin Hood. I was thinking of just getting some other light armour, upgrading it, then carrying over the enchantments from the Nightingale one to this. ;)

One more thing, though. You're all saying that I should do the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood mission, and it would suit my character, but from the DB missions you can get the Ancient Shrouded Armour which is apparently the best for assassins in the game. What should I do?

XhoppX

learn where the armor is hidden and try to find it ahead of starting the DB missions and try to get it

AkumaDante12

I have created numerous Archer characters like Robin Hood (I am an archer myself) This is what I do from the creation of a character to ending up with the final result.

- Be an Imperial; With this you will gain more gold than other races and you will be naturally liked by NPCs, your speech will also increase faster (it's not essential but it is always nice to be a kind person).
- After Alduin attacks Helgen make sure that you follow Ralof.
- Kill the Imperials that open the gate and take the key to the gate and an Iron dagger <-----This is essential.
- wait for ralof to go beside the door but DO NOT open it.
- Sneak behind Ralof, turn the difficulty to Master (also essential) and hit him to increase your sneak.
- Level once, ONLY ONCE. Even if you do not intend to sneak this will also be beneficial.
- When you level, purchase the first perk in the Sneak perk tree, nothing else.
- beat Ralof until your Sneak is 100 (It will only take about 30 minutes tops regardless of your race.) This also increases your one handed, which is a secondary fighting style for the Robin Hood character.
- When your sneak is 100 and you know for sure that it is (keep on hitting Ralof and see if you increase in sneak, if you don't after 20 hits then you are at 100) proceed through the rest of the section.
- you can use your sword/dagger/axe until you get to the Imperial archers.
- take one of their longbows and keep it, only take the arrows.
- when you exit Helgen, choose the WARRIOR guardian stone as this make Archery increase faster (you do not need the thief as your sneak is already maxed out.) DO NOT LEVEL UP!!
- As you proceed to Riverwood, KILL EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE WITH THE BOW. It doesn't matter if you miss.
- Take what you can from gurder (the relative of Ralof) and then head to Whitrun.
do not go straight to Dragonsreach.
- On the way to whitrun, hunt deer, foxes and rabbits. Since they are weak they will level you archery up quickly.
- take the drops from their carcass to sell/make into leather.
- When you make it whitrun, head to drgonsreach.
- when you are approached by Irileth go through the notions with her until you are allowed to speak with the Jarl. IGNORE BALGRUFF
- head to the great porch and, providing that the guard is there, collect the steel arrows from the archer shooting into the target.
- when you feel that you have a reasonable amount of arrows, head to the Whitrun's traders and sell what you have picked from hunt (Sell everything that you have bar the arrows, the bow and the sword and your armour).
- STILL DO NOT LEVEL.
- Continue to do this until you have enough money to take the carriage to Solitude. (Castle Dour archers are you new best friends.)
- collect bushels of arrows from them and then head out into the wilderness.
- hunt until satisfied. Hunting will increase your archery skill at the same rate all the time until level 50 due to you being level 2 so it is worth doing.
- when you have the archery skill to 50 (or and number to liking) then you begin to level up.
Note: YOU CANNOT STOP LEVELLING WHEN YOU BEGIN!
- Focus on your stamina when you level and but also add some points to your health.
- only purchase the first perk on sneak until 5/5.​
- purchase all possible "armsman2 perks in one-handed.​
- purchase all of the available perks for your archery until you cannot progress any more.​
- Head to lost valskyyge (there is a Drougar DeathLord here but you do not need to worry.)​
- when you reach the Deathlord, climb onto the rocks that overlook where he walk.​
- Sneak and attack him from the ledge. ONLY SHOOT WHEN YOU ARE -HIDDEN- !!!!!!!
- after his is dead take his ebony bow and arrows.
- Head back to Solitude and wait until the archers there have gone to sleep.​
- pickpocket all of them to remove their steel arrows and replace them with the ebony (one each). IT IS BEST TO SAVE BEFORE DO THIS IN CASE YOU FAIL
- repeat arrow collecting.​
Finally LIVE OF THE LAND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. it will help you a lot in every skill.​
P.S. You only really need armour when you're on missions etc... To fit with the robin hood feel, buy a green tunic, get a hood (you can by mage hoods or take it from the mage in the helgen cage) gloves and some boots (preferably the boots that come upto the knee, they just look cool). Also stick with the longbow, any tother bow will ruin the esque of robin and therefore ruin the build, the long bow also becomes a deadly weapon when increased with firewood (free) and with ebony arrows (see guide ^^^).​

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I was thinking about something like this.
I'd go with...

Armour
-Legendary Leather Armour, boots and gloves, until you get the Thieves Guild Armour, boots and gloves
-Cowl, until you get the Thieves Guild hood

Weapons
-Steel sword
-Steel dagger
-Bow

Skills
-Sneak
-Pickpocket
-Archery
-One handed
-Light Armour
-Illusion?

Race
Imperial, for the extra gold

I don't think you should have a sword and shield (unless Robin Hood does have those things, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't). I think a single dagger or sword would suffice as a one handed weapon.

XbSuper

This is directed at Akuma... Why go through all that trouble to level? If you're going to waste time doing all that, why not just exploit the oghma infinium glitch, level yourself to 81 and take all the perks you want.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Naturally, otherwise he wouldn't of mentioned it.

benfish

Don't worry about archer bonus... you will soon go past that obstacle. In level or two. Now when it comes about light armor, maybe it would be interesting to go without armor. I think your character would look better in robe and hood (Robin HOOD!) :D I think it would be best if you choose Imperial because its personality. Main skill should be archery, sneak, blade and illusion.

this would be cooler without illusion

Panthera

Don Gato
this would be cooler without illusion
Maybe... but considering Robin Hood as a character he did resort to trickery and confusion against bigger enemy so he could defeat them... for me in skyrim game... illusion is substitute for those traits.

benfish

Maybe... but considering Robin Hood as a character he did resort to trickery and confusion against bigger enemy so he could defeat them... for me in skyrim game... illusion is substitute for those traits.

I would just use speech to accomplish that character trait. Its more realistic

benfish

This is directed at Akuma... Why go through all that trouble to level? If you're going to waste time doing all that, why not just exploit the oghma infinium glitch, level yourself to 81 and take all the perks you want.

Its more fun to level naturally and the glitch is no longer active

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
archery is not a problem at all go to riverwood do faendals quest in favor of him. he becomes a follower evry level he will let u train 5 times in archery and take the money back from him.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
How about Robin Hood hardcore mode; like you said above, but if you miss even a single arrow, you delete the save file and start again.

AS88

Staff member
I wouldn't want a Robin Hood character to be some invisible superpower like some people are making him. The whole idea behind Robin Hood was the sense of danger because everyone knew he wasn't particularly strong, but he used what he had to his advantage, and was clever in how he used his modest skills. To me, making a super-powerful character with 100 sneak and 100 archery is massive overkill.

Robin Hood wasn't some super-powerful assassin, he was a noble thief, who preferred acting without too much bloodshed for the good of those less fortunate. At least, that's the image I have of him.

This is how I'd build him, but this would take a long time because most of what he did wouldn't be centred around combat.
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

He'd mostly do Delvin's jobs and Vex's burglary and sweep jobs. Other jobs would include delivery jobs for various NPCs, Find jobs (such as Kharjo's amulet, etc), and Clear jobs (such as the spiders in Shor's Stone's mine).

He'd probably use either a Forsworn or a Supple Ancient Nord Bow, with cheap arrows, and probably a Scimitar, all smithed to a decent standard (like, superior or flawless) using looted smithing gear and bought/found smithing potions. Robin Hood wasn't a master craftsman, as far as I know.

In terms of armour, I'd be tempted to go with Thieves Guild set, although considering I wouldn't want to do much fighting I'd probably use this clothing item with Thieves Guild Boots and Gauntlets. For headgear I'd use either a green Cowl, or Linwe's Hood.

IMAG0151_zpse6d857e2.jpg

Strangely enough, I had a character running around in Linwe's Armour set already :p