• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how you had a list of 12 instead of 10 and I've figured it out.
The original post said playable races and the Falmer aren't a playable race.
You put Dunmer at 2 & 4 (interestingly enough with different explanations.)

Aww drat, I meant to spell #2 Dwemer, not Dunmer, why do they both have to start with D!!! Seriously, Shademer would be easier than Dunmer for Dark elves. Sorry for the confusion ( always have trouble with their names). And I guess I didn't read that part of the OP, I just really love the "lost" mers.

Skyrimosity

Playable races, starting with your favorite ending with your least favorite.
Here's the part of the OP for you Haru.
And no problem, its understandable.

Morgan

I actually like all of them, so even "like least" does not mean "dislike". Some of them I don't really make a strong distinction between, so I only have six rankings of the ten races to offer.

1. Breton. Looks, background, special ability. So tiny!
2. Nord/Imperial. Definitely not the same, but there's a parity to them that's sort of embedded in every aspect of the game.
3. Altmer. Great for alternative RP.
4. Orc/Redguard. Both warriors par excellence, but hard to see in other roles.
5. Bosmer/Dunmer. Both are just ugly. Needlessly so, I think. They got the short end of the graphical stick.
6. Khajit/Argonian. The tail clipping just gets very annoying.

PS. Did someone seriously get dinged in this as "old" for replying after six days? That's pretty freakin' harsh! Maybe lighten up a bit. Not everyone who enjoys talking about Skyrim has the free time to check the boards every day. Once a week is not unreasonable at all.

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
1. Altmer
2. Bosmer
3. Dunmer
4. Khajit
5. Argonian
6. Orc
7. Redguard
8. Breton
9. Nord
10. Imperial

Dallas-Arbiter

It can be argued all day long which race is best at whatever, but I'm just going to do one on looks, since if you really wanted to, you could make a awesome 2 handed Breton warrior in Daedric armor.
1 Dunmer look at my Avatar. I modded her up to have blue eyes, nice smooth skin, soft brow ridge, she looks good.
2 Redguard
3 Nord
4 Breton
5 Imperial
6 Altmer
7 Bosmer
8 Kahjitt
9 Orc
10 Argonian

1.imperial
2.orc
3.breton
4.bosmer
5.altmer
6.nord
7.dunmer
8.redguard
9.argonian
10.khajiit
i dont like mer and beastraces the only mer i like is the orc and maybe the high elfs if you play like a female

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
1. NORD FTW!
2. Dunmer
3. Khajit
4. Bosmer
5. Redguard
6. Orsimer
7. Breton
8. Imperial
9. Argonian
10. Altmer DAMN ELVES!

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
1.Argonian
2.Snow Elves (I know they're not playable but I like them)
3.Khajits
4.High Elves
5.Dark Elves
6.Bretons
7.Redgaurds
8.Orcs
9.Imperials and Nords ( ever since I heard of Tiber Septim invading other regions for no good reason I never liked them.)
10.Bosmer

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
PS. Did someone seriously get dinged in this as "old" for replying after six days? That's pretty freakin' harsh! Maybe lighten up a bit. Not everyone who enjoys talking about Skyrim has the free time to check the boards every day. Once a week is not unreasonable at all.

I removed the 'old' rating on the post from page 1. I didn't think it fit the spirit of the ratings system.

We had a guy yesterday who accidentally kept hitting the ratings because he was trying to read the forums from his phone so maybe it was a similar case here.

If you do see a post with a completely off-base rating, click the report link so it shows up in the mod queue and I'll be able to go directly to it quickly.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
1. NORD FTW!
2. Dunmer
3. Khajit
4. Bosmer
5. Redguard
6. Orsimer
7. Breton
8. Imperial
9. Argonian
10. Altmer DAMN ELVES!

Unfortunately, the Altmer got screwed because everybody hates the thalmor and that just ruins the Altmer race even though they are kinda cool.

Skarv

In my opinion it all depends on the build you are playing. An example is a Nightingale Assassin, I would only play a Wood Elf or a Dark Elf, because I can't imagine an Orc or an Argonian in Nightingale Armor, but that is just me.

Jeff87

1. Argonian
2. Nord
3. Dunmer
4. Breton
5. Orc
6. Khajiit
7. Imperial
8. Bosmer
9. Redguard
10. Altmer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
Favorite to least:

1. Dunmer
2. Nord
3. Bosmer
4. Redguard
5. Orsimer
6. Imperial
7. Breton
8. Altmer
9. Khajiit
10. Argonian

My ultimate choice would be if I could mix races and be half-Nord, half-Dunmer. Maybe one day.

KISSmePISTOL

Golradir Anwamanë: my Elvish name (apparently) :P
1.) Wood Elf (Bosmer)
2.) Orc (Orsimer)
3.) Nord/Imperial (both kind of the same to me...)
4.) Argonian
5.) Khajiit
6.) Redguard
7.) Dark Elf (Dunmer)
8.) Breton
9.) High Elf (Altmer)

I like the Wood Elves, mainly 'cause I was a HUGE Legolas fan when my Dad introduced me to the Lord of the Rings books (as well as the Hobbit....both great BTW) when I was 'bout 9 years old. Just his fighting style and his persona were just so cool to me. Archery is fascinating to me. <3

The Orcs are also cool, 'cause, mainly, how they look. They look so...beast-like and epic...I don't know, they're just bad*** to me.

The Nords and Imperials are 2 sides of the same coin (that's how I look at it). I think of the movies Braveheart, or Rob Roy when it comes to these two races. When I think of the Nords, I think of like a more...barbarian-like culture (like the Scottish Highlanders in Braveheart and Rob Roy). And the Imperials are more like a "proper" culture (like the English Empires in Braveheart and Rob Roy). I don't know, that just how I've always looked at it.

Argonians are sick! I was the race of my very first character EVER in Elder Scrolls (back in the Morrowind days) Also, I do not use Argonians in game anymore, 'cause the tails are annoying. But they will always hold a special place in my heart. <3

Khajiits are also sick! They got claws and night vision. I also LOVE they're accents! I just don't use 'em in game anymore, 'cause of their damn tails. Haha.

Redguards are cool, too. They remind me of like an Egyptian-type race. Haha, yeah, I don't know. :) They're alright.

-The next three are the only races I have NEVER used once in Elder Scrolls-

Dark Elves look really creepy, and just down right stupid lookin'...but that's just my opinion.

Bretons are fine lookin' (since they're a human race...), but...I am just NOT a magic person. Simple as that.

High Elves are just down right lame to me. They are also a magic usin' race (mainly). And the Aldermeri Dominion (I think that's how you spell it :p) are just bullies! Haha

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm. I can't really rank the races of Tamriel. I've played as all of them and of various lengths of time since TES: Arena. I also can't rank which race I find the best as far as looks or stats go. These have bounced around and changed a lot since the first game.

Overall, my RP dictates what I play as at the moment. I don't limit myself in any way.

Hunfar

Based on my personal play styles and Skyrim only:

1. Nord
2. Dunmer
3. Bosmer
4. Orc
5. Argonian
6. Khajit
7. Redguard
8 .Imperial
9. Altmer/Breton

Drecon

1: Breton (they suit me very well).
2: Argonian (I hated them in Morrowind, just because they couldn't wear shoes. glad they fixed that).
3: Dunmer (Think they are awesome, even though I don't really play them).
4: Altmer (I love the magical aptitude, although I like to play the more versatile races more).
5: Bosmer (They have a lot of style, I like that).
6: Imperial (Vanilla is not really my thing).
7: Kajiit (For some reason I don't like these, they are cool but I really don't like to play them all that much).
8: Orc (Very cool, but I fell no connection to the race at all).
9: Nord (Kind of the same as Orc).
10: Redguard (I actually had to look up what the tenth race was, as I had forgotten all about them, that should tell you something).

Apperently I dislike all the brutes. Subtlety is really my thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts