• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Foralis

Singer of many tales
I love it when couriers come. It always gets me excited! I always hope it is a new quest to complete!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I love it when couriers come. It always gets me excited! I always hope it is a new quest to complete!

Haha you should check out the thread 'inheritance? Really?'. Not everyone thinks the same way. I personally have never seen a naked courier...

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
Best random encounter was when I was wandering the Solstheim wilderness, keeping watch for werebears when I heard some mumbling. Started looking around and saw some flash of red. Looked up and saw a pretty birdie. Then the birdie landed on me.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Oh, I have another one!
I was at Dragontooth Crater and my good friends the Forsworn helped me kill the dragon. Then I walk around and start hearing spell sounds. I turn around and theres a fire wizard and an ice wizard battling. My friends from the outside of Druidach Redoubt got killed, and I notice something running and cowering behind a rock. Lo and behold, it's Maiq! My follower Teldryn Sero and Shadowmere kill the wizards and I chat with Maiq.
Wow, Maiq is REALLY fast.
of couse he is, in oblivion he was the fastest npc in the game

Foralis

Singer of many tales
When a thief hands me a weapon to, "Hold onto". I always keep it for myself and tell the victim I don't know what he is talking about. What do you guys do?

LuChao

The Martial artist
When a thief hands me a weapon to, "Hold onto". I always keep it for myself and tell the victim I don't know what he is talking about. What do you guys do?

I usually kill him and return the item till I decided to see what I would get if I kept it and return it to the fugitive but nothing happened the hunter didnt show up so I sold ti to Tonilia in the Thieves Guild

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

I usually kill him and return the item till I decided to see what I would get if I kept it and return it to the fugitive but nothing happened the hunter didnt show up so I sold ti to Tonilia in the Thieves Guild

Aw I like these encounters 2! Specially early in the game when im scouring for good weapons to disenchant. So as soon as I get the item, I usually leg it to the nearest enchanting table :D it is a gift after all...

Wildroses

I normally hand them over because I tend to play goody two shoes characters who nearly always already know the enchantment on the item they were given anyway and don't need the extra carry weight.

LuChao

The Martial artist
random encounters use to be fun, but now they get old sadly, though legendary dragon battles are fun. sometimes watching giants and dragons fighting eachother gets interesting or with bandits lol.

lol Giants vs Bandits always make me laugh

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I had a hunter run up to me and ask me for a cure disease potion because she had just been attacked by a vampire.

Aw iv never had that b4 :sadface:
be funny if you didnt give him a potion than he turns into a vamp in front of you!

First time for me to. It was near my lake view manor house. There was a dialogue option where you ask her where it happened, but I chose to give her the potion first and then couldn't ask her. I didn't want her turning into a vamp, I despise vamps!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am heavily into the Civil War quest at the moment. I am on my horse travelling to Dragonbridge and see a red dot appear, but can't see my enemy. I get of the horse and something starts attacking me. Yep! I have just encountered the invisible Khajiit! Dang he is feisty!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I always enjoy the couriers that come by from time to time; but I think that I'd like to keep the hired thugs at bay.
I like the hired thugs. They're just so "thuggy"! Besides, I always get at least 300 gold and oodles of armor, weapons & doodads to sell. Fortunately, they seem to always attack right outside some city and it ain't far to go to sell it!

Daelon DuLac

With my latest character I decided to use no fast travel, and it really adds to the fun. You don't know who or what you're going to come across on the road! I like the three revelers. One time I managed to use Honningbrew mead on them twice and get two charmed amulets!

A weird encounter I had was with a pair of friendly forsworn men. They wouldn't attack me, and just asked how I was doing, and when I started fighting wild animals nearby, they would run around calling for help. I also saw them standing near the amateur mage who was trying to use his staff to bring a dead wolf back to life. They were just casually watching him. So I let them be.
Been there! It actually changed the way I think about foreswarn and I've actually run in to another couple of groups since then. I don't like to fast travel (especially with the Dawnguard DLC) anyhow, so I'm always running in to something or somebody. By the way, what's up with the revelers? I've never joined them as I assume they're gonna lead to something daedric. :)

LuChao

The Martial artist
With my latest character I decided to use no fast travel, and it really adds to the fun. You don't know who or what you're going to come across on the road! I like the three revelers. One time I managed to use Honningbrew mead on them twice and get two charmed amulets!

A weird encounter I had was with a pair of friendly forsworn men. They wouldn't attack me, and just asked how I was doing, and when I started fighting wild animals nearby, they would run around calling for help. I also saw them standing near the amateur mage who was trying to use his staff to bring a dead wolf back to life. They were just casually watching him. So I let them be.
Been there! It actually changed the way I think about foreswarn and I've actually run in to another couple of groups since then. I don't like to fast travel (especially with the Dawnguard DLC) anyhow, so I'm always running in to something or somebody. By the way, what's up with the revelers? I've never joined them as I assume they're gonna lead to something daedric. :)

the Revelers only ask if you want some mead its nothing Daedric its just for some free booze if your character is into it

Daelon DuLac

the Revelers only ask if you want some mead its nothing Daedric its just for some free booze if your character is into it
Cool! They're always nice, having a good time and are complimentary. On this playthrough, as an Orc, obviously he doesn't want anything to do with these guys, but, who knows for the future. It's a comfort (and a waste of time), but a good time nonetheless! :) Thanks for the info.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Cool! They're always nice, having a good time and are complimentary. On this playthrough, as an Orc, obviously he doesn't want anything to do with these guys, but, who knows for the future. It's a comfort (and a waste of time), but a good time nonetheless! :) Thanks for the info.

always happy to help a fellow Skyrim Citizen :D

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

always happy to help a fellow Skyrim Citizen :D

I always found it interesting to follow the Revelers after you finish the dialogue with them. Most of the time they wander to the nearest NPC location and begin performing some sort of labor 'job'. For example, I once followed them to one of the farms outside Whiterun (Chillfurrow I think) where they all began to work in the cabbage fields. Another time they were near Anga's Mill and one of them began chopping wood while the other two stood around and....well...did nothing but watch.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts