• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

Random encounters are great! ^^

The thieves are just plain annoying, though - unless I've done the TG and am wearing Nightingale armor. :p

Fugitives are always entertaining, especially when they appear in a town. Just a couple days ago one stopped me in Rorikstead. Then when the hunter got there and started killing him, all of the townsfolk, including the guards, either panicked or stopped to watch the action. :D

Patches

Solstheim: I can FLYYYY!! Hunh? WAAAUGH!
Reading the mad wizard's note: I will eat the book. Yes, page by page.
Or something like that. I cracked up the first time he did that XD
Hey, it added one more Apprentice Alteration robes to my inventory...

I always enjoy the couriers that come by from time to time; but I think that I'd like to keep the hired thugs at bay.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Argonian coming up to me saying I owe him 10,000 septims because Sam and I dared him that amount to sneak into a bandit camp to steal a hat. Man of my word so I paid him 10,000.

While a dragon was attacking me, a courier decided that it was an excellent time to give me mail. What was it, you ask? A note from a friend. I was DYING while he was giving it to me...

sticky runes

With my latest character I decided to use no fast travel, and it really adds to the fun. You don't know who or what you're going to come across on the road! I like the three revelers. One time I managed to use Honningbrew mead on them twice and get two charmed amulets!

A weird encounter I had was with a pair of friendly forsworn men. They wouldn't attack me, and just asked how I was doing, and when I started fighting wild animals nearby, they would run around calling for help. I also saw them standing near the amateur mage who was trying to use his staff to bring a dead wolf back to life. They were just casually watching him. So I let them be.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
A weird encounter I had was with a pair of friendly forsworn men. They wouldn't attack me, and just asked how I was doing, and when I started fighting wild animals nearby, they would run around calling for help. I also saw them standing near the amateur mage who was trying to use his staff to bring a dead wolf back to life. They were just casually watching him. So I let them be.

That...is...awesome..:)

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
I find the Old Orc to be one of my favorites, it's like a sad tale I may never get to read about, only finish for him.

My second favorite was as follows:
>Be me
>Be running around the wild in archmage robes and Konahrik mask
>Get stopped by naked fugitive
>It's snowing wtf put some clothes on
>Tell him I'll help him

>Hold stuff for him
>See bounty hunter with only an iron helm and nothing else on
>Rat out the fugitive
>Watch two weird guys fight eachother
>Suddenly, Volkihar out of nowhere
>Ohfrak.jpeg
1378471107630.jpg

>SprintSprintSprint away
>Elder Dragon drops down
>ohgawd

>screen goes white with flames, leaving me in crisps on the ground
>Mfw what a way to go
1378465949219.jpg

Chadonraz

My least favourite encounter (the only one I hate, in fact) is that useless waste of space called Balbus. I know what he's "for", but since I never do that questline on a "proper" character...

My latest character, who is a law-abiding citizen, murdered him in cold blood (sneak attack, though) just because I really, really hate him. He never seems to leave the spot where he first appears, effectively forever blocking other random encounters there. :mad:
Even killing him (and zombifying him to move the body far away) doesn't instantly "free" the spot, but eventually it'll respawn something else.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I love all the random Encounters

Bluebaron

I enjoy random encounters especially ones with thalmor execution orders I so enjoy killing them and taking everything they got and then selling it off . I also very much enjoy traveling through skyrim at night hoping for a vampire encounter same result as the thalmor encounter instant death and take everything they got for profit too my khajiit warrior Sabretooth hates the thalmor and vampires or any one else who tries to stand in his way of making a profit . One other random encounter of enjoyment is the thief I never bargain or hand over anything its death to the thief . My khajiit is not all bad he does give charity to the poor in cities but also steals when able to without getting caught any septim earned is a good septim even if you have to steal them . I do not kill deer, foxes, goats ,or rabbits I encounter in the wild but I do kill bears, sabrecats and wolves . My khajiit does have some sympathy thats what I like about skyrim the diversity of the game its never the same all the time .

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I love watching the arch pyromancer and arch cryomancer duelling. Fireballs and icestorms going evrywhere and when they get low on health they heal themselves. I snuck behind them both and stole thier knives, and waited invisible for thier mana pool to run out so I could see a fist fight, but it never came! They never seemed to run out of spells so I transformed into a vamp lord.

Id like to say I whupped thier arses but they actually put up a really good fight. I killed the pyro and left the cryo yielding on the ground

LuChao

The Martial artist
these are some epic encounters I will keep my eyes open for them

Rimfaxe96

I wouldn't love Skyrim nearly half as much without these random encounters. I just wish they'd happen to me more often, and more different ones. Usually just a few vampires, Thalmor Justiciars with a prisoner, or some Imperial Nobleman that I usually also kill because he's a total prick. Yeah, I dare your guard to come at me, bitch. :mad:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Never in my game play have I witnessed a dragon attacking a walled city, until now. I had a revered dragon attacking Solitude. I ran up to the gates and it attacked me and some guards. But when I hit it with dragonrend it landed off in the mountains. Then appeared later circling Solitude once again. I was like.. "ok.. I am leaving now..."

Stiffstaff

PS3 Albert-W-anker
An orc just jumped out from behind some snowberry bushes and started 2 fist me (barehands). It happend between windhelm and the woodmill it was bit funny he didnt do damage 2 me i just had the deathbrand armour and my lv whas 70

Stiffstaff

PS3 Albert-W-anker
I just came out of the Thieves Guild and see a guard with his weapon drawn, stalking something. So I follow him. Another guard stops to watch the first guard stalk buy... I can tell he is thinking the same thing as me.. "WTH?.."o_O , and then as I go past him he whistles at me and says "Is that.....Dragonscale armour? What I wouldn't give for a set of that.." First time a guard has said that to me.
I know why that whas some vampires spawned in and got killed
But on my game some weird happend i saw a blood dragon coming i played with my vampire lord lv 76 & i was wearing the snow elfs armour i was the only one around so i was like , lets lvl heavy armour i switched my armour 2 dragon bone and....
The dragon died... Wtf

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I like random encounters a lot as well - - so much so that i will heartily recommend (for those of you on PC) a mod called "Extra Encounters" (also available on Steam Workshop).

It adds a lot more NPCs wandering the roads and wilds of Skyrim; bandits, nobles and bodyguards, Khajiit travellers, wandering wizards, Orc hunting parties, etc. It's great to see bandits fighting Khajiit merchants off in the distance, and then approach and have the victorious Khajiits stop and offer to sell me their goods. I've had the bodyguards of a trio of nobles jump in and lend a hand when I am trying to fight off Frostbite spiders. It really makes the 'world' seem a lot more real and populated.

Liger

The old Orc is kool, sad I have to kill him, he would be a good follower, eh you wanna die follow me into this forswarn camp and let take um all on

The first time I ran into a werewolf after I downloaded the Dawngaurd DLC was kool. Just south of the collage and WTF that looks like a werewolf, Oh Snap it is, dam fights on....

3rd werewolf Encounter, chasing an elk over a hill and oh look an other hunter, holy snap he just transformed into a werewolf
(sidenote: why are not these WW friendlyer, wild WW that stay transformed have lost there men%mer side, but on that can change back to a hunter%trapper ect....

Mair-the liar:enough said.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I like random encounters a lot as well - - so much so that i will heartily recommend (for those of you on PC) a mod called "Extra Encounters" (also available on Steam Workshop).

It adds a lot more NPCs wandering the roads and wilds of Skyrim; bandits, nobles and bodyguards, Khajiit travellers, wandering wizards, Orc hunting parties, etc. It's great to see bandits fighting Khajiit merchants off in the distance, and then approach and have the victorious Khajiits stop and offer to sell me their goods. I've had the bodyguards of a trio of nobles jump in and lend a hand when I am trying to fight off Frostbite spiders. It really makes the 'world' seem a lot more real and populated.

Its things like that, that make me wish I could mod on ps3. I wouldnt use godmode or finish entire quests in a flash but just small things that would make gameplay a lil more interesting.

I encountered the old orc for the 1st time on my new character and for the 1st time ever, I didnt kill him for RP purposes. It felt wierd walking away from a challange. He wouldve slaughtered me though, im playing a no armour no weapon mage for the 1st time ever on legendary difficulty. Iv neva died so much but im having fun with the challange.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Its things like that, that make me wish I could mod on ps3. I wouldnt use godmode or finish entire quests in a flash but just small things that would make gameplay a lil more interesting.

I encountered the old orc for the 1st time on my new character and for the 1st time ever, I didnt kill him for RP purposes. It felt wierd walking away from a challange. He wouldve slaughtered me though, im playing a no armour no weapon mage for the 1st time ever on legendary difficulty. Iv neva died so much but im having fun with the challange.

I wish I could mod PS3 as well I would put in interesting NPCs Extra Encounters and Civil War mod

Patches

Oh, I have another one!
I was at Dragontooth Crater and my good friends the Forsworn helped me kill the dragon. Then I walk around and start hearing spell sounds. I turn around and theres a fire wizard and an ice wizard battling. My friends from the outside of Druidach Redoubt got killed, and I notice something running and cowering behind a rock. Lo and behold, it's Maiq! My follower Teldryn Sero and Shadowmere kill the wizards and I chat with Maiq.
Wow, Maiq is REALLY fast.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
I'm so afraid of chaurus that when I randomly encountered a chaurus reaper by morthal I abandoned sceolang and took off running. Never again will I fight those things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts