• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilpack

#BASEDCHIM
So whats up with Ulfric oppressing the Black Elves and the lizards? I cant question him about it but this one dude was sayin how Ulfric only cares about his people and not the lizards or elves. Is it true Ulfric is a racist?

~Lilpack

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
images

This is how you feel talking to Ulfric.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Ulfric is a fine leader... for Nords. Every other race would be doomed if he were High King. Why do you think that the Argonians are confined to the docks and the Dunmer are confined to the Grey Quarter? In fact, most Nords are pretty racist (not all) the Khajiiti aren't even allowed in cities.

Ulfrick is a fine leader... for Nords. Every other race would be doomed if he were High King. Why do you think that the Argonians are confined to the docks and the Dunmer are confined to the Grey Quarter? In fact, most Nords are pretty racist (not all) the Khajiiti aren't even allowed in cities.

True...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ulfrick is a fine leader... for Nords. Every other race would be doomed if he were High King. Why do you think that the Argonians are confined to the docks and the Dunmer are confined to the Grey Quarter? In fact, most Nords are pretty racist (not all) the Khajiiti aren't even allowed in cities.
And yet, when you play an Argo or a Khajit, they treat you just like everyone else (other than calling you a Lizard or threatening to make a carpet out of you). Make RP a little difficult.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
And yet, when you play an Argo or a Khajit, they treat you just like everyone else (other than calling you a Lizard or threatening to make a carpet out of you). Make RP a little difficult.
It is very lore breaking, I believe that Bethesda backed itself into a corner. They should've made you earn the cities respect by doing misc. missions for them and when you earned enough of the cities respect they would let you in. Or if your rich, you should be able to buy your way in. They couldn't really do this either, because it would discourage people from playing as a Khajiiti or Argonian. Bethesda should've thought twice about the anti Argonian and Khajiiti approach.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It is very lore breaking, I believe that Bethesda backed itself into a corner. They should've made you earn the cities respect by doing misc. missions for them and when you earned enough of the cities respect they would let you in. Or if your rich, you should be able to buy your way in. They couldn't really do this either, because it would discourage people from playing as a Khajiiti or Argonian. Bethesda should've thought twice about the anti Argonian and Khajiiti approach.
Agreed. Not that it stops me anyhow, but, as I said, it makes RP challenging.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Racial segregation is law in Windhelm. Dunmer are confined into the Gray Quarter, which was the Snow Quarter until it was renamed as an insult. The Argonians were banished from the walls to live on the Docks by Ulfric's decree.

If you complete the Battle for Windhelm and Ulfric Stormcloak is dead, Scouts-Many-Marshes may remark as a greeting: "It's a new day in Windhelm. The Stormcloaks are gone, and so is their prejudice." You can ask Scouts-Many-Marshes if he's glad to see Ulfric gone, to which he'll respond, "You have no idea. Did you know it was his decree that forbade the Argonians from living inside the city walls? I hope in his next life, he's reborn as an Argonian forced to live in a slum because of some bigoted Nord dictator. I'm joking, of course, but I'm a lot happier seeing the Empire running things in Windhelm."

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
So whats up with Ulfric oppressing the Black Elves and the lizards? I cant question him about it but this one dude was sayin how Ulfric only cares about his people and not the lizards or elves. Is it true Ulfric is a racist?

~Lilpack
No, he's not, if the nords on this game were black people nobody would have ever made this assumption nor would they have started this foolish "ulfric is a racist" fanclub. It amazes me sometimes how incredibly stupid and hypocritical people can be. :rolleyes:

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

~Lilpack
No, he's not, if the nords on this game were black people nobody would have ever made this assumption nor would they have started this foolish "ulfric is a racist" fanclub. It amazes me sometimes how incredibly stupid and hypocritical people can be. :rolleyes:

Not really, Ulfric really is racist. If Redguards did the same thing they would also be racist. I don't think skin colour really dictates your racist capacity.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

~Lilpack

Not really, Ulfric really is racist. If Redguards did the same thing they would also be racist. I don't think skin colour really dictates your racist capacity.
I don't believe that for one second because i've seen numerous other scenarios where black people on videogames, sitcoms, web shows and movies were being so overly obvious with there racism that it was like watching a hate speech and not one person so much as even questioned if it was racist. In actuality if the roles were reversed and redguards were in the role of nords and vice versa not only would everybody be on the side of redguards but anyone against them would be labeled a racist. Welcome to the harsh reality of "stupid people"

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

I don't believe that for one second because i've seen numerous other scenarios where black people on videogames, sitcoms, web shows and movies were being so overly obvious with there racism that it was like watching a hate speech and not one person so much as even questioned if it was racist. In actuality if the roles were reversed and redguards were in the role of nords and vice versa not only would everybody be on the side of redguards but anyone against them would be labeled a racist. Welcome to the harsh reality of "stupid people"
This is the world of Elder Scrolls. Racists don't care about skin colour, they care about what race you are. People would still hate Ulfrick if he were Redguard, Bosmer, Argonian, or Imperial. Ulfrick is/was (depending on what you did) doing some horrible things to other races. He leaves Argonians in sub zero weather and only gave them a bunk house to share. He leaves Dunmer in a slum and also leaves Khajiiti in sub zero weather. Khajiiti don't even have a bunkhouse.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

In a game where races extend to Elves and walking lizards, real life racism doesn't factor into skin color. Racism in Elder Scrolls is between actual species not confined to simply Black and white skin color.

Your reasoning behind skin color is quite flawed, saying just because Nords are white. When many examples in game are shown towards the different races living within Windhelm.

Racial segregation is policy within Windhelm, Ulfric's skin color has nothing to do with it.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

STFU CORNBALL BITCH.
insult5-retard_zps50d48b9c.gif

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

It all stems down to what Drunkenmage explained a couple posts up, its not black and white in fantasy, its species and species. Saying there is a racial double standard in Skyrim because you seen tongue-in-cheek racism in a Tyler Perry show isn't quite the same at all. That seems more of in the realm of "stupid people". I know what you are saying though with the racist double standard, I see it too, don't worry, and if we were talking about non-white racism in TV or movies I'd be on your side. This is Tamriel though, plopss played out differently. If you want to apply real world standards to Skyrim, then sure, but I would say its far from the real world, don't you think?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

It all stems down to what Drunkenmage explained a couple posts up, its not black and white in fantasy, its species and species. Saying there is a racial double standard in Skyrim because you seen tongue-in-cheek racism in a Tyler Perry show isn't quite the same at all. That seems more of in the realm of "stupid people". I know what you are saying though with the racist double standard, I see it too, don't worry, and if we were talking about non-white racism in TV or movies I'd be on your side. This is Tamriel though, pl***s played out differently. If you want to apply real world standards to Skyrim, then sure, but I would say its far from the real world, don't you think?
Dude i'm well aware that its a fantasy world within a videogame but i was using that as an example to explain why yarl ulfric is considered a racist, if he were a redguard character everybody would be too afraid to call him a racist for obvious reasons. I knew before posting the comment that nobody was going to agree and anyone who did agree was not going to be brave enough to admit it, but thats reality and i don't believe in telling people what they wanna hear i believe in giving them facts and letting the chips fall where they may. And i'm going to bow out of this conversation now because in my forum experience topics like this one never end well. lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts