Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vinz

1. Why does my housecarl says that she hopes I am not planning any trouble when I enter my own damn house?

2. Why don't housecarls attack people that enter my houses?

2. Why don't housecarls attack people that enter my houses?
Because that would be really awkward.

Imagine walking in with your new follower, whom you have spent 20,000 gold on in armor and weapons. Lydia runs up to him and guts him in front of you. That is the definition of not cool.

Or your wife walks into the house after the wedding. Carl the Housecarl takes one look at her and decapitates her. No sammiches for you.

Docta Corvina

Because that would be really awkward.

Imagine walking in with your new follower, whom you have spent 20,000 gold on in armor and weapons. Lydia runs up to him and guts him in front of you. That is the definition of not cool.

Or your wife walks into the house after the wedding. Carl the Housecarl takes one look at her and decapitates her. No sammiches for you.

LOL jeez! At that point, I'd be banking on a "Hide the body" command for that damn housecarl. :eek:

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Why is that homeless woman in Windhelm (her name escapes me, sorry) still bleedin' homeless?! I give her a septim every time I'm in the city and what she charges for pickpocket training?! And why is she still wearing those rags after all the coin I've given her?!

Why can't I ride a giant like those hobbits rode huge trees in LOTR?! Left trigger would be used to step on enemies with his left foot, right trigger controls the right foot. Simple!

Well. Maybe Ulfric doesnt want that beggar to have a home. Or she cant have one if you didnt do that "butcher" quest.. She cant buy clothes because she cant travel across to Solitude to buy them, also maybe because stores have a "No Beggars Allowed" policy.. And SHE most likely CANT hitch a ride on the carriage because the guy hates beggars or something. Yeah.

Riding giants.. Wouldnt we need something to tame them to be our friends first? Oven so, it might just make the game really buggy and laggy, even crash when you are about to mount it.. Bethesda didnt even fix most of the quest glitches.. Oh god.. Imagine that now... How much it would screw up the game :eek:

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
In his wrath, he descended upon the first settlement he saw and set about subjugating its mortal occupants, thus beginning his new reign of terror.

Wouldnt the first settlement near the throat of the world be Ivarstead or Riverwood? :p

Why is there no speech option to tell the harpy in the Dawnstar in to shut up? All there is is a persuation to make her sing for free. :mad:

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Why does every Mill owner in Skyrim assume I'm there to chop wood when I'm wearing Heavy Armour, carrying a fluffing huge greatsword on my back and have scars and war paint on my face? DO I LOOK LIKE A POXY LUMBERJACK!!!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Why does every Mill owner in Skyrim assume I'm there to chop wood when I'm wearing Heavy Armour, carrying a f***ing huge greatsword on my back and have scars and war paint on my face? DO I LOOK LIKE A POXY LUMBERJACK!!!
They don't do much other than work the mill so annoying us Dovakiins is their idea of fun

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Why do all males of a race and all females of a race have to be the same size? Is there no such thing as height in Tamriel?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Well. Maybe Ulfric doesnt want that beggar to have a home. Or she cant have one if you didnt do that "butcher" quest.. She cant buy clothes because she cant travel across to Solitude to buy them, also maybe because stores have a "No Beggars Allowed" policy.. And SHE most likely CANT hitch a ride on the carriage because the guy hates beggars or something. Yeah.

Riding giants.. Wouldnt we need something to tame them to be our friends first? Oven so, it might just make the game really buggy and laggy, even crash when you are about to mount it.. Bethesda didnt even fix most of the quest glitches.. Oh god.. Imagine that now... How much it would screw up the game :eek:

Perhaps so, Paulette. But if she's got the coin, she's pretty much welcome anywhere. Money talks and all that. ;) As for giants, no need to tame them as they are already our friends. This is what happens when you assist them in slaying a dragon. Maybe. "And how would Mr. Giant like his dragon steak prepared? Medium-well, you say? Can do." :)

Dallas-Arbiter

What is the legal Drinking age in Skyrim? I ask because that lady that Mikael is after lets her daughter get sloshed in the Bannered Mare every evening.

Is the water poisoned or something? Nobody drinks water.

Why do most Dragur have gold on them? They've been dead and sealed in their tombs for thousands of years, how did they get gold coins with Tiber Septim's head on them?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
What is the legal Drinking age in Skyrim? I ask because that lady that Mikael is after lets her daughter get sloshed in the Bannered Mare every evening.

Is the water poisoned or something? Nobody drinks water.

There very probably is no "legal drinking age." In pre-industrial times, there was no real water purification. Brewing alcohol actually purifies the water contained in the drink as a byproduct, so it was generally safer to drink alcohol than water, even for children. In addition, this is a culture where "milk drinker" is the primary insult. That being said, they're probably not selling her the hard stuff, mind you.

Why do most Dragur have gold on them? They've been dead and sealed in their tombs for thousands of years, how did they get gold coins with Tiber Septim's head on them?

They don't have gold coins with Tiber Septim's head on them; they have gold, the weight of which is translated into septims for the convenience of the player.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts