Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Why can't we name our horses? I can rename clothing and weapons when I enchant them, but I can't rename a freaking horse I paid a 1000 septims for??? I wanted to call him Skull Crusher, but alas his name is "Kairee Blackblade's horse." WTF?

Skull Crusher would have gone along well with Ball Buster (Legendary-level Ebony Mace) and Bitch Slap (Legendary-level Ebony Shield).

And while I'm on the topic of horses, why didn't they include armor for them? Seriously, it would have been great not to have to stop and get off the horse every damn time a wolf gives chase. If it had armor, it probably wouldn't even notice the carnivores trying to take a bite out of its rump.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Why can't we name our horses? I can rename clothing and weapons when I enchant them, but I can't rename a freaking horse I paid a 1000 septims for??? I wanted to call him Skull Crusher, but alas his name is "Kairee Blackblade's horse." WTF?

Skull Crusher would have gone along well with Ball Buster (Legendary-level Ebony Mace) and Bitch Slap (Legendary-level Ebony Shield).

And while I'm on the topic of horses, why didn't they include armor for them? Seriously, it would have been great not to have to stop and get off the horse every damn time a wolf gives chase. If it had armor, it probably wouldn't even notice the carnivores trying to take a bite out of its rump.
I hope the horse armor was a joke...

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Because Bethesda took some heat for horse armor in a previous game. :)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Because Bethesda took some heat for horse armor in a previous game. :)

Yeah, I know, but they just could have included it in the game rather than the stupid Pay-For-Our-Fancy-Horse-Armor DLC...at least there are plans for mounted combat, so I can shoot the stupid wolves instead of having to dismount.

Neriad13

Premium Member

I go ahead and name all my horses anyway. And call them by their names aloud. :D The first horse you buy in the Whiterun stables is called Allie (or Queen Alfsigr) already, so I go with that. Her sister, I named Katariah, after the Dunmer empress, wife of Pelgius III. I once named a horse I bought in Riften Pelagius, but after I heard the stablemaster referring to her as a girl, I decided to go with Pell instead.

My logic is, if Allie is a queen, why can't all the other horses be monarchs as well?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I go ahead and name all my horses anyway. And call them by their names aloud. :D

Well, at least I'm not the only one who talks to my game. Thankfully, the only ones around to hear it are my two cats and they are too busy licking their butts to care about their pet human's strange idiosyncrasies.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Are alchemists required to list the ingredients in each potion on the bottle? 'Cause I gotta tell ya, there is no way in hell I'd drink anything that's got giant toe or falmer ear in it...nasty!

And how did they figure out such ingredients were useful in the first place? Did a mage long ago kill a giant and dissect it, eating it piece by piece until he found the magic parts? If so, I hope he discovered that before he started on the reproductive organs...
That is actually how most medicinal things were found. Also from observations of animals.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
How do you know they don't actually keep them in their pockets? All I know is that a briar heart replaces their human heart. Do books specifically mention that it goes in the rib cage and not their pockets? :confused:
Since there is a hole in their chest when you take the heart I assume you pickpocket through the Backdoor and punch through.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I go ahead and name all my horses anyway. And call them by their names aloud. :D

I name my Thralls, Flamey, Frosty, Stormy, and Zombie.

Xivia4

Why does Sigurd insist on telling me that he works in Belethor's store every time I see him even when I'm in the damn store? Also, why give such a powerful name to such a wuss?

Also, Belethor, you would buy my sister, sell a relative, etc... but you won't buy a pair of stolen boots? Okay.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Funny how everyone taking an arrow to the knee becomes a guard... Must be a requirement.

The city of Whiterun is now hiring Town Guards.

To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age OR have killed an Ice Wraith
- Must be willing to fight dragons, thieves, invading Stormcloaks, and homicidal Dovahkiins
- Must have taken an arrow to the knee (interview will ask for full description of event)
- Must be lazy and undisciplined (Sinmir's requirement)
- Must be able and willing to speak certain lines (including, but not limited to, "Someone stole your sweet roll?", "If you need potions, you should try Arcadia's Cauldron", etc.) with all appropriate inflections. There will be an audition.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Also, Belethor, you would buy my sister, sell a relative, etc... but you won't buy a pair of stolen boots? Okay.

He has a twisted sense of morality...or maybe he's just considering the long-term investment. A stolen pair of boots can only be resold once, but your sister could be sold over and over and over... :p

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
How does a giant band saw with a cyclic rate of 1 per 1.5 seconds cut through a giant tree moving at a constant four miles per hour.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts