• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anticlus

Unless you have a totally kickass TV with a really, really comfortable gaming chair or couch, and amazing surround sound, get it for the PC. The ability to use console commands to ease your way out of glitched quests is reason enough. The mods are a bonus.

lol i have all that but with an xbox plus skyrim for it, but man i love the PC version so much i gave my Skyrim on the console to a friend.

Nakatsu_Hime

It seems that the big plus that PC owners get are the commands to fix stalled and glitched quests, something that console owners are denied.

MrDSL

I would love to get the PC version just for the mods and console commands but this thing on my new 72" in HD is really hard to beat!!

Ksncalver

I have had a lot of fun with the console commands and now getting into the mods. I won't be going back to the ps3. Even so the ps3 is up for sale.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

KattSand

Premium Member
Pc for sure. I played on console until a few weeks ago when I got my PC, and I ain't going back to console :D
Why? Because Skyrim has never looked better than it does now, and let's not forget all the sweet weapon and armor mods that really enhance the experience. I put together a little something just to display the graphics that one can achieve on PC :) The colors and details are amazing, unfortunately a lot of the colors get kinda washed out when viewing a pic like this on certain displays, like if I look at the same pic on my laptop the pics aren't as vibrant, but they look great on my gaming rig :p
5Rew8QM.jpg

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I would love to get the PC version just for the mods and console commands but this thing on my new 72" in HD is really hard to beat!!

You can use your HDTV as a monitor for a PC. I have mine hooked up to my 32" LED. Just use a VGA or HDMI cable.

MrDSL

You can use your HDTV as a monitor for a PC. I have mine hooked up to my 32" LED. Just use a VGA or HDMI cable.

Hmmm thats tempting..I would need a new PC anyway so I am assuming I would need a TV tuner card for my PC then?

Bluetooth controller?

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Hmmm thats tempting..I would need a new PC anyway so I am assuming I would need a TV tuner card for my PC then?

Bluetooth controller?

No. TV's already have tuners built in, monitors don't. That's the only difference between the two. You don't need a tuner to hook up to a PC anyways, only to watch TV. If you get a PC, then all you have to do is connect the monitor cable to the TV.

MrDSL

No. TV's already have tuners built in, monitors don't. That's the only difference between the two. You don't need a tuner to hook up to a PC anyways, only to watch TV. If you get a PC, then all you have to do is connect the monitor cable to the TV.

okay ill check into that..I know I have a USB connection in the back of the TV but havent looked at anything else..I'm sure it has all the latest..

thanks

AS88

Staff member
I can't wait to graduate and get a job so I can finally afford a PC. I'm on PS3 at the minute, but this past month or so I've actually started making a list of the mods I intend to get when I eventually get a PC - it's already more than two pages long, all realistic mods, graphic enhancers and gameplay improvements.

My experience on PS3 has been brilliant, a year of gaming was never something I expected, but I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface in terms of playing the game as an actual RPG on PS3, something I know is easy to do on a PC. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts