• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ksncalver

Just a chat to see if I should by Skyrim on the PC is it better than the PS3. Or should I just stick with it on the PS3. Steam has it for half price at the minute. Though I am having problems running F1 2012 on my PC at the minute.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
I have Skyrim for both PS3 and PC and I'll have to tell you, get it for PC! I have had a blast it! With PC you have so much more customization with armor mods and whatnot. Sure, you can go overboard and get game-breaking mods, but as long as you control yourself, you can really enjoy it :)

Moris

Unless you have a totally kickass TV with a really, really comfortable gaming chair or couch, and amazing surround sound, get it for the PC. The ability to use console commands to ease your way out of glitched quests is reason enough. The mods are a bonus.

Ksncalver

Well basically I think my ps3 is about die. So I'm looking at selling it on and getting a new graphics card and getting skyrim. Or pay for a new ps3.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
AjaniCerwidenLucretia2_1.jpg

Look at that sexy armor, go PC.

The little details on that amaze me.

ness91

Dovah do faal Brom
I play Skyrim on the PS3. I'm not a PC type of player but if it was up to me, get on the PC because of two things.... console commands and MODDING. They both make your Skyrim experience way, way better

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
I have PS3. It's not that bad.

But I don't like modding. >P However, I still wish I had it on PC for the sole reasons:
1. Console commands! All teh smexy guys are a tease! I MUST FORCE THEM ALL TO MARRY ME
2. I want to take screenshots of my characters!!!! Dx

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I actually had Skyrim on PS3. Switched to PC about a month ago. Never going back to playing on PS3 again. Not that PS3 is horrible, but PC offers so much freedom and options for change in the game via mods. Hell, my Vampire Lord can fly! Yeah, PC all the way!

Mannulus

Article Writer
PS3. I just feel like it works better with a controller instead of a mouse. I can't say why....

PS: 100th post.. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
PS3. I just feel like it works better with a controller instead of a mouse. I can't say why....

You can use a PS3 or X-Box controller on PC for Skyrim. I HATE using the mouse and keyboard. I can honestly say that if I couldn't use a controller, I wouldn't play on PC.

Moris

I agree. I use an Xbox controller that is designed to be used with the PC. It's bigger than the PS3 controllers, but the buttons are pretty much in the same place. I now prefer it to the PS3 controllers that feel kinda light and small in my hands now, and I have small hands.

Moris

You can use a PS3 or X-Box controller on PC for Skyrim. I HATE using the mouse and keyboard. I can honestly say that if I couldn't use a controller, I wouldn't play on PC.

Looking back at my achievements, I see that I finished "Unbound" at 1:43 AM on Nov 11, 2011.

I left Bleak Falls Barrow at 7:34 AM.

It took me 6 hours to get that far. I am useless with a mouse and keyboard.

I went out and bought the controller the next morning.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Looking back at my achievements, I see that I finished "Unbound" at 1:43 AM on Nov 11, 2011.

I left Bleak Falls Barrow at 7:34 AM.

It took me 6 hours to get that far. I am useless with a mouse and keyboard.

I went out and bought the controller the next morning.
You mean six hours continuous play? You stayed up all night? o_O

Moris

Ksncalver

Last night I brought Skyrim on the PC. All I have to say is wow. It suits the PC better. The PS always seemed very clunky and the of is smooth. Console commands are brilliant fun.

I'm not looking at some mods. I'm using a XBOX control and it works well.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground

Same here I've broke my hand a few times and struggle to use a mouse or type on a keyboard for too long before the pain gets unbearable at least using a controller it aint as bad.

I've had Skyrim on the PS3 and PC, PC wins hands down if you have a half decent set-up.

Moris

I just started playing with an ENB mod. I haven't tweaked the settings to get efficient frame rates yet, but WOW. I don't think I could ever play on the PS3 after that.

MrDSL

I'm considering buying it for the PC also since on the console once you hit end game there isnt much of a challenge anywhere so Im hoping there are mods to make things harder.

Ksncalver

I just installed a couple of mods via steam how do I no they work. Do they work with pre loaded save game.