• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Ever played as a female or a male in Skyrim? I just started my female companion and she is a complete bad-ass! Everything is so new for me now, she looks awesome in the Wolf Armor!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I'd say I have an even amount of male and female characters. It all depends on what kind of character I wish to make. So gender is important to the whole creation.

Ritterkreuz

I played through once as a female character. Specialized in light armor and stuff. it was kind of fun, and found myself putting her in Forsworn armor quite often.

osheao

the fallout3 perk system made me think more about playing a female. it was actually advantageous.

otherwise, who cares.

Kaleia

I get annoyed when it comes to picking gender. I tend toward my own, but the male characters look so much more interesting.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
What Kaleia said. I have more male characters than female: 3 males 2 females I think.

Severus Alucard
Zarahji
Soren Dove
Dabiene Caristiana
Bellatrix Black (YES, THAT Bellatrix, the crazy evil phyco in Harry Potter. She's so sadistic and funny! :3)

I keep thinking there is one more, but I can't remember.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I've actually never played as my own gender...I just don't like the way the female characters look..

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I tried it out but i just dont feel like a badass Fus Ro Dah-ing someone in a high pitch voice. That is pretty much the only deal breaker to me i think many of the armors look a lot better on a female character. Plus it is already creepy when the guards oogle my body on a male character i would imagine this is a more common occurance on a female.

Howarthee

I feel like Fus Ro Dah would just be laughed at in Skyrim if you were a female... And I never noticed the oogling...I must be on my guard against those guards.

Dabiene Caristiana

Yea, guards oogle my characters a lot... when they walk past their heads turn... and turn... while they walk, almost bending over backwards while still looking and walking and I'm like, "just keep walking... and this town/city/village won't have one less of a guard... that's it... walk away buddy if you know what's good for you."

Howarthee

Have you ever killed a guard for oogling? o_O

Dabiene Caristiana

I killed one for being annoying and not shutting up... I think I killed one for following me or something... I was tempted to slaughter and wished that there was some kind of flag pole I could tie and wave him like a flag on, so I could warn ALL ooglers, "Best leave it be, unless you want a flight on the pole."

Ooops... that came out odd... and weird. Oh well! :oops::D:p

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Im talkin about the line' "Ooooohhhh look at the muscles on you, ......" haha but your right every NPC has a staring problem makes me glad i got the kinect. "quicksave, Unrelenting Force, Quickload" i have done this countless times.

Dabiene Caristiana

Hm... maybe I should do that. Meh, I can live with a bounty. :D makes it more enjoyable somehow... watching all the guards come after you for defending yourself from being violated by prying eyes and creepy guards... :/ oh well. Very satisfying taking out your frustrations on guards though :D

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm... have I've responded to this one yet? Oh well, if so I'm probably about to repeat what I've already said. I've played as both female and male characters of each race in The Elder Scrolls. It is the only way to fully expand and experience role playing in the game.

ambiiientz

yup... playing as a female or male defines my character... my 2 main characters are bretons, 1 male 1 female,
putting heavy armor 2 handed on my female just doesn't work for me but on my male it does

Neriad13

Premium Member
I played as a male Orc warrior for a very short time and had a whole lot of fun doing so. I found myself roleplaying him a lot differently from any other character I had ever made. He was a lot more open and confident than my usual female characters. He seemed a lot happier in the masculine warrior society that Skyrim is and wasn't constantly looking over his shoulder. However, he was a little nervous about hanging around with women and children overmuch and would never take a lady he wasn't married to off into the wilderness for days.

It was an interesting experiment in discovering exactly how it is that I saw a particular male viewpoint. Unfortunately, that character was killed (literally, several times) by an unsolvable arrow glitch and I ended up angrily scrapping him for an entirely new character rather than fiddle with the bug any longer. Maybe I'll try again someday and see how different of a game it really is.

Unit7

Im talkin about the line' "Ooooohhhh look at the muscles on you, ......" haha but your right every NPC has a staring problem makes me glad i got the kinect. "quicksave, Unrelenting Force, Quickload" i have done this countless times.

I have never had a guard say that to me. Damn how many more lines do these buggers have that I have never heard?

Ok. Honesty time. I have only ever played a male character when I was trying to Roleplay as a Merchant/NPC. Who died. Violently while taking his first steps outside of Dawnstar by like a Ice Wolf or something. Was very very tragic and I was forced to start all over again. :sadface:

Either way I have always played as a female character and last time I checked I was a dude. Not entirely sure why I keep picking a female character. Maybe I just like the idea of female lead characters kicking butt? Oh well. Doesn't matter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts