• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

Playing as a thin blood is not much fun as they are so weak. The npc thin bloods you come across have powerful vampire drain abilities that sadly we players do not. I tried roleplaying a thin blood but found that form of vampirism to be akin to a debilitating curse. That form of vampirism has nothing to offer but weaknesses. Now being a vampire lord is well worth being a vampire. As a lord I can slash with claws, bite with fangs and use powerful blood magic.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
what you talking about hmm? my characters vampiric Drain does 78 Damage per second way more then their weak attempts at blood magic

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Playing as a thin blood is not much fun as they are so weak. The npc thin bloods you come across have powerful vampire drain abilities that sadly we players do not. I tried roleplaying a thin blood but found that form of vampirism to be akin to a debilitating curse. That form of vampirism has nothing to offer but weaknesses. Now being a vampire lord is well worth being a vampire. As a lord I can slash with claws, bite with fangs and use powerful blood magic.
They still level with you, so, once your higher level it should make you more powerful, yes? That's the way I'm reading the matrixes in the Skryim Bible. Let me know if I'm wrong anyone.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I did something like this before all of the DLCs. I was your average adventurer by day, and vampire by night, sneaking in to villages and feeding off of peeople. I also dabbled in Conjuration on him to so I always had Thralls with me.

Daelon DuLac

CaptMorgan72

I think my thin blood vamp was around 25 before I deleted him. Are you saying that vampire drain levels up? Everything I am reading says it does not. It stays at 5 per second at stage 4.

Daelon DuLac

I think my thin blood vamp was around 25 before I deleted him. Are you saying that vampire drain levels up? Everything I am reading says it does not. It stays at 5 per second at stage 4.
If that's true, then what's the point. I'll have to look at my Bible again tonight. I swear it said that it levels, but 5 per second? Please, I get better than that on my weapons (21 right now but 35 this evening).

CaptMorgan72

If that's true, then what's the point. I'll have to look at my Bible again tonight. I swear it said that it levels, but 5 per second? Please, I get better than that on my weapons (21 right now but 35 this evening).

I thought it was widely known that vampire drain is completely useless as a thin blood because its so weak. I really would love to know how tx12001 is doing 78 damage a second as a thin blood.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Just something that came to my mind.

Most vampire characters are Vampire Lords, and are played as a sort-of vampiric royalty and an unstoppable unholy destroyer of all living things.

I just thought, has anyone of you ever tried to RP a feral vampire? You know, get sanguinare vampiris from a random vampire, and then stalk around and feed in secret, never joining the Volkihar? I guess the RP would be quite different to the standard vampire lord one.

I imagine this kind of gameplay could be really cool if you could actually start your own coven, turning random bandits to thralls, or even vampires. You could then set up a lair somewhere, and... well, the options are limitless, really. If we could do that, that is...

What are your thoughts?

That's basically what you did before Dawnguard IMO.

My first character I got to lvl 50 was a hybrid-vampire, he became a Volkihar member, but his wife Jenassa was killed in one of those vamp raids? And the REALLY high level vamps are called Volkihar Vampires? So guess who turned his life around, and started killing the pricks? SHame you can never turn on one faction mid game..

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

I thought it was widely known that vampire drain is completely useless as a thin blood because its so weak. I really would love to know how tx12001 is doing 78 damage a second as a thin blood.
A horrible combination between Better Vampires and SkyRe I am on PC you know infact I think I should actually be doing only 75 damage as well as 25 damage to magicka and stamina from the bloodstone chalice and that's only with my VL in Human form my thinblooded character does about 15 damage I think

CaptMorgan72

A horrible combination between Better Vampires and SkyRe I am on PC you know infact I think I should actually be doing only 75 damage as well as 25 damage to magicka and stamina from the bloodstone chalice and that's only with my VL in Human form my thinblooded character does about 15 damage I think

Mods, that would explain it. I'm playing on the 360. I wished I had a rig that could handle Skyrim.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Aye, the player-characters vampire-drain spell is ridiculous in vanilla. I mean, it's like a vampires signature spell and it does 5 dps at best! That's ridiculous. At least I have a mod that makes it deal 15/25/35/45 depending on the stage of vampirism.

EDIT: tx12001, I've been reading about Better Vampires and I'm thinking of downloading it. I just figured I'd ask about your experiences with the mod. How good is exactly? Any bugs, glitches?

Daelon DuLac

Just out of curiosity, it seems like Level 4 is the way to go. Is it possible to just stay there? I realize the weaknesses are higher, but so are the powers. I'm under the impression that, once you feed, you drop back to Level 1 again. Is that correct?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Just out of curiosity, it seems like Level 4 is the way to go. Is it possible to just stay there? I realize the weaknesses are higher, but so are the powers. I'm under the impression that, once you feed, you drop back to Level 1 again. Is that correct?

Once you feed, you go back to level 1 unfortunately. Your powers weaken, but your weaknesses strengthen. I feel Level 4 is the best why to play a Feral Vampire since you're attacked on site. It also makes for one hell of a challenging role play.

Daelon DuLac

Ya know. The more I read these vampire threads, I wonder, what's the point? I had thought of having my Ingin become a vampire, but the cost/benefit ratio just doesn't really seem worth it. She's already a powerful spell sword, why should she settle for all the vampire weaknesses when there really isn't that much of benefit to being one? Sure you're immune to disease and poison, but they aren't that big a problem anyhow and I already have the enchantments to nullify them anyhow that I could use. At least when you're a werewolf you don't suffer anything but the inability to sleep and you can still kick some major butt.

I had wanted to try the vamp side just once, but now I'm convinced that, while I'll try it for a little bit, I will definately save Ingin out as without it first so I can return to being a regular player character as I doubt I'll enjoy it.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Ya know. The more I read these vampire threads, I wonder, what's the point? I had thought of having my Ingin become a vampire, but the cost/benefit ratio just doesn't really seem worth it. She's already a powerful spell sword, why should she settle for all the vampire weaknesses when there really isn't that much of benefit to being one? Sure you're immune to disease and poison, but they aren't that big a problem anyhow and I already have the enchantments to nullify them anyhow that I could use. At least when you're a werewolf you don't suffer anything but the inability to sleep and you can still kick some major butt.

I had wanted to try the vamp side just once, but now I'm convinced that, while I'll try it for a little bit, I will definately save Ingin out as without it first so I can return to being a regular player character as I doubt I'll enjoy it.
It's not meant to be glamorous. It's meant to suck. At least the baser vampires anyway. A Vampire Lord is a lot more fun for someone who doesn't like the "babysitting" you do with a baser vampire. A Vampire Lord isn't affected by Stage level and with the right enchantments, your weaknesses basically disappear.

I find that the people who enjoy the Skyrim baser vampire experience are typically fans of the vampire myth in general. If you're looking for a more flasher vampire, then The Vampire Lord is it. If your looking for a beast or tank, then the werewolf is it, although a Vampire Lord has the benefit of both Melee and Magic, not to mention the ability to transform at will (you need to Ring of Hircine to transform multiple times as a werewolf).

Daelon DuLac

It's not meant to be glamorous. It's meant to suck. At least the baser vampires anyway. A Vampire Lord is a lot more fun for someone who doesn't like the "babysitting" you do with a baser vampire. A Vampire Lord isn't affected by Stage level and with the right enchantments, your weaknesses basically disappear.

I find that the people who enjoy the Skyrim baser vampire experience are typically fans of the vampire myth in general. If you're looking for a more flasher vampire, then The Vampire Lord is it. If your looking for a beast or tank, then the werewolf is it, although a Vampire Lord has the benefit of both Melee and Magic, not to mention the ability to transform at will (you need to Ring of Hircine to transform multiple times as a werewolf).
I'll give it a shot, but again, it just doesn't seem worth it. I find it difficult to want to be a monster when I'm already one just as a person. As I said - at least with a were, you change, you kick a** and then you're you again. There's none of this level changing, power level changing, having to feed every 10 minutes and ostraziation. Oh well, we'll see.

I can see how some folks might like to play the "vampire" thing, but, I've never been that big of a fan of vampires in the first place. Maybe I should just kill them and leave it at that. That I can relate too.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

I'll give it a shot, but again, it just doesn't seem worth it. I find it difficult to want to be a monster when I'm already one just as a person. As I said - at least with a were, you change, you kick a** and then you're you again. There's none of this level changing, power level changing, having to feed every 10 minutes and ostraziation. Oh well, we'll see.

I can see how some folks might like to play the "vampire" thing, but, I've never been that big of a fan of vampires in the first place. Maybe I should just kill them and leave it at that. That I can relate too.
Do whatever makes your game play fun. No need to force yourself to play a character you will end up deleting anyway. A Vampire Lord maybe up your alley if you do choose to be a vampire in Skyrim. That or just stay mortal or go Werewolf. For me, I love the vampire myth and the stories I create for my RP are typically within my interest and feelings base on that myth. I don't view the vampire as a glamorous being so the weakens help with the RP and makes for a better all round story for me.

I also lean more towards a stealth-based gameplay (thank you Metal Gear Solid) so everything about it fits me perfectly.

Daelon DuLac

Do whatever makes your game play fun. No need to force yourself to play a character you will end up deleting anyway. A Vampire Lord maybe up your alley if you do choose to be a vampire in Skyrim. That or just stay mortal or go Werewolf. For me, I love the vampire myth and the stories I create for my RP are typically within my interest and feelings base on that myth. I don't view the vampire as a glamorous being so the weakens help with the RP and makes for a better all round story for me.

I also lean more towards a stealth-based gameplay (thank you Metal Gear Solid) so everything about it fits me perfectly.
Great thoughts. I'm from the classic D&D RP that there needs to be a relationship regardless of the type or moral background. You are absolutely right that I shouldn't force myself to do something I'm not comfortable with. Perhaps in the future. My good guys are always warrior Companions that end up as werewolves, but I need my vampires to be more than monsters. Besides, I like playing in daylight, not at night. Maybe vamps are just not for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts