• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    "You know, you never finished that thought about why you're not much of a thief."

Kjan looked at the Nord for a brief moment in confusion before remembering that she had started to ramble on about the debt. Probably not a smart thing to discuss. She was now grateful for Marcus interrupting her before she said something about desperately needing money. Her best bet was to keep things vague, but give a little information out in order to avoid distrust from Thor.

She watched as a small green light emitted from his fingers as he rubbed his temple. Some type of magic? Perhaps he was was feeling drunk? She'd have to ask him about that, and perhaps if there was some type of way for her to learn that spell from him. She never had any interest in magic (nor was she naturally capable of performing any), but it couldn't hurt to know that spell. Especially if she'd have to continue keeping up the facade of drinking in order to get more information out of her companions.

"Well, it's pretty obvious I'm not all that great at stealing things," Kjan shrugged, "I'm quick, but I am not at all stealthy. Unfortunately for me, that problem I inherited from someone else doesn't grant me much choice when it comes to being a thief."

The thief yawned and rubbed her eyes. It wasn't often that she traveled through the night. Normally, Kjan would make camp in an abandoned ruin or spend the nigh at an inn (immediately stealing back her payment from the innkeeper, of course). She was visibly exhausted.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "I'm quick, but I am not at all stealthy. Unfortunately for me, that problem I inherited from someone else doesn't grant me much choice when it comes to being a thief."

"I guess you got into the wrong business then." Thor yawned, and saw that Kjan herself was looking tired. He glanced over at the rest of the group, seated at the bar and engaged in varying degrees of conversation, some more talkative than others. They all had in common that they looked tired. "Just a minute," the Nord said as he got up from the bar and slowly made for the door. He creaked the heavy metal door open and was washed over with the cool night air.

Thor stepped out for a moment, and leaned back against the stone next to the doorway. Masser and Secunda were quite large this night, and the auroras were out in a dazzling display of all different shades of blues. Judging by the position of the moons, he could tell that it was very late; after a moment of watching the colors dance, he walked through the dark to a secluded edge of the stream that ran through Markarth, and facing a building, he proceeded to empty his bladder.

Relieved, Thor strolled back to the Silver-Blood Inn. He walked around to an angle where he could see his new companions all along the bar and said, "I'm turning in, and I suggest that you do so soon as well. We're heading out bright and early in the morning."

~~~

It was bright and early when Thor went down the hall of the inn, banging once or twice on the doors of his compatriots' rooms until he heard some sign of life within. It wasn't long before the group was up, groggily eating breakfast and preparing for the trip. "We'll head south along the road to Falkreath," Thor explained to the group. "From there, we'll pinpoint our target. Are we ready to move?"

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Kjan left to go to bed. The Nord rubbed her temples as she entered her room, immediately taking off her weapons and placing them underneath her pillow. Living with bandits and outlaws meant that Kjan had to always be ready to fight at any time. Even in the middle of the night. Minutes later, she was fast asleep.

--

The Nord awoke in an irritable mood. She was usually irritable in general, but the pounding on her door that demanded her to wake up was not welcomed. She cursed under her breath as she got ready for the day, inwardly hoping that when all was said and done, this ridiculous amount of traveling would be well worth it. Kjan took a seat next to Thor at the bar, her mind desperately pleading for some type of pick-me-up. It would be a long day if she failed to regain any energy. Kjan reluctantly paid for a sweetroll and water, silently observing the other members of their group enter and join her for breakfast.

"We'll head south along the road to Falkreath. From there, we'll pinpoint our target. Are we ready to move?" Kjan stood up, not willing to give an answer without making some type of comment about how ridiculous it was to leave so early. While she did travel at a fast pace, the Nord was always was able to sleep as long as her heart's content. Now that Kjan was up, she just wanted to get going; the sooner they left, the sooner the group would get to their destination.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Logan had awoken early from yet another restless night. He seldom slept, spending most nights laying awake in bed with his eyes fixed to the ceiling or stars. Given the things he had seen and experienced, it was easy to see why Logan had trouble sleeping. Most times, his sleep would be plagued by nightmares, visions of a past which haunted him still. He did his best to brave through going about with only a couple of hours worth of sleep, but as he made his way from his room, Logan couldn't help but feel somewhat dazed and unfocused, his eyelids feeling especially heavy as he walked.

He stepped outside, feeling the morning chill swirl around him as the wooden door swung open. The cold stung his face, waking him up somewhat as he leaned forward against the porch railing. Most of Markarth was still asleep, and all was quiet aside from the distant howling of wind. He watched on for a moment, looking out at the rising sun, which was beginning to crest the distant mountain ranges outside the city. It was peaceful now, and Logan felt some shred of serenity as he watched the dawn rise.

After a moment, he stepped back inside. The others had amassed in the inn's main room, most of them looking fatigued and irritable aside from Thor. "The weather looks good," Logan remarked as he approached Thor. "For what it's worth, the trip should be easier for it."

Shortly after, Thor and the others had finished their brief breakfasts and were preparing to set out. "We'll head south along the road to Falkreath. From there, we'll pinpoint our target. Are we ready to move?" Logan gave a nod, he was ready.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Marcus slept well that night. He had gone to bed right after Thor had announced that he was turning in--he needed the sleep dearly. As soon as the Imperial had resigned to him room and rested his head against the rough pillow, he was fast asleep.

He woke easily, rising from his bed in a rather good mood. He scrapped his gear together quickly before heading out into the main hall of the inn, where several of his companions had already gathered. Marcus seated himself by them and ordered a loaf of bread, a steaming tomato stew, and a flagon of wine. He was starving, and dug into his breakfast.

After finishing, he reclined in his chair, sipping away at the remaining wine in his flagon while waiting to depart. Eventually, Thor stood. "We'll head south along the road to Falkreath. From there, we'll pinpoint our target. Are we ready to move?"

"Absolutely. Let's hit the road," Marcus replied, draining the last drops of wine from the flagon as he stood, ready to go.