• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    The Nord woman listened as Thor regaled the group with a tale about their impending doom, and how he happened to be in the middle of all of this. Apparently the group was going to find the Chalice, which would then stop the vampires from becoming powerful enough to fulfill their prophecy that had something to do with the Sun and Ulric Stormcloak - or that's at least all Kjan seemed to register. What sounded more interesting to Kjan was the story of a thief with the chalice, and how she took the best offer.

Kjan bristled as she was suddenly brought into the conversation. She'd have to get used to talking to these men, she supposed. "I don't have time for second thoughts," the thief replied coldly, looking directly at Thor as she spoke. Inwardly Kjan had to laugh at the comment she just made, for she had never spoken truer words. Time wasn't exactly of the essence for her. Not wanting to keep the subject related to her stealing habits, Kjan attempted to steer things in the direction of Kiyoshi's question, "Look, let's just get going. It doesn't exactly sound like we want to take our time with this mission."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Alden listened as the leader, whose name still remained a mystery to him, kept talking. He mentioned Harkon. Harkon...the name was familiar to him, but he had always assumed Harkon was a false legend. After all, holding leadership of a vampire clan for that long seemed impossible. The Tyranny of the Sun was another name that seemed familiar to him, an ancient prophecy of unknown origin. The College had no clue to as to what the prophecy was, exactly, as the Elder Scrolls containing it had gone missing like all the rest.

After a comment that Alden reason to think he might not have been the most steadfast of Imperial supporters, he turned to the group's sole woman once more, addressing her by the name Kjan. "I don't have time for second thoughts," She said, her voice cold. Definitely not someone he wanted to get too angry. "Look, let's just get going. It doesn't exactly sound like we want to take our time with this mission."

He nodded, voicing his agreement. "I agree with Kjan. Once we get into Skyrim, we could divide into specific scouting parties. Let's say... the two of you could cover the East," He pointed towards Kjan and the vampire, before turning to the leader. "And you could team up with Harkon's daughter to cover the West. Dawnguard scouts could be used to great advantage to cover the North and South. I can cover the skies." Naturally, this group would benefit from his suggestions. What sort of fool would reject the strategic aid of a college educated mage?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "I agree with Kjan. Once we get into Skyrim, we could divide into specific scouting parties. Let's say... the two of you could cover the East, and you could team up with Harkon's daughter to cover the West. Dawnguard scouts could be used to great advantage to cover the North and South. I can cover the skies," Alden suggested as the group exited the city gates. The boy was bright, Thor had to admit, but he had his reservations about the idea. Not related to the Chalice, though, but to the group.

"No," Thor announced. "I think it best if we stick together." With Alden visibly frustrated and confused, Thor gestured for him to leave the group behind a little ways, and the Breton followed, hoping for some insight into what would cause the Nord to reject his plan. The group seemed content to let the two walk ahead. "First of all, my name's Thor." Thor was speaking quickly, hoping to beat any outburst to the punch and get in what he had to say. "And second of all, I had a reason for rejecting your plan. You see our traveling companions back there? Can a fellow smart enough to come up with such a plan as yours tell me if they look like the most trustworthy of folk? Now take your observations, and decide whether these are the kind of people you would give the possible location of an ancient artifact and set loose?" Thor looked expectantly at Alden. "Come on back, I've got to tell the others our plan." The pair slowed their gait until they were back with Kjan and Kiyoshi.

"There's more you all should know about the Chalice. The story goes that when it was broken into three pieces, the pieces were scattered across Skyrim, and thanks to special insight, whoever scattered them was able to know where they would end up ages from when the Chalice was broken. We already know that one piece is in Falkreath Hold, one is in Hjaalmarch, and one is in the Rift; thanks to the paper I acquired back at the tavern, we can deduce where exactly we'll find the fragments." Thor produced the paper from his pocket and read by magelight spell, "Cup at a rich man's table; that tells us that the cup component is in a collection at a particular mansion in Falkreath Hold, probably Lake Illinalta. Stem sprouted from the soil of ancients; the stem of the Chalice must be in a ruin in Hjaalmarch. Jewel in a proud woman's crown; well, how many proud women in the Rift wear crowns?"

Farthlion

Kjan watched as the Nord and young Breton talked. She wasn't going to protest if they were going to break into groups. It might be easier to grab the Chalice and run if she was only with Kiyoshi. Then again, there was something about the vampire that made her second guess whether it would be smart to double-cross him. He wasn't human. The reflexes he had displayed in the tavern showed that his condition gave him an unnatural advantage over the others. No, she would definitely have to keep an eye on him. There was a saying her father had told her a while back: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. If there was any hope of the thief being able to deceive the group, she would need to be able to gain their trust and stop acting like such an ass to them.

"No, I think it best if we stick together," the Nord finally replied, and then took the time to walk ahead of the group with Alden. She was slightly disappointed, but then again, she didn't feel comfortable in the midst of the vampire. He could also have plans to deceive the group.

Seeming to have finished their private conversation, Thor returned to address the entire group, "There's more you all should know about the Chalice. The story goes that when it was broken into three pieces, the pieces were scattered across Skyrim, and thanks to special insight, whoever scattered them was able to know where they would end up ages from when the Chalice was broken. We already know that one piece is in Falkreath Hold, one is in Hjaalmarch, and one is in the Rift; thanks to the paper I acquired back at the tavern, we can deduce where exactly we'll find the fragments." Thor produced the paper from his pocket and read by magelight spell, "Cup at a rich man's table; that tells us that the cup component is in a collection at a particular mansion in Falkreath Hold, probably Lake Illinalta. Stem sprouted from the soil of ancients; the stem of the Chalice must be in a ruin in Hjaalmarch. Jewel in a proud woman's crown; well, how many proud women in the Rift wear crowns?"

Kjan frowned. If she had a choice, she would have preferred to avoid the Rift as a whole. There were multiple reasons for this - Treva's Watch was located in the Rift, and she was fairly recognizable throughout the hold's bandit system. There weren't exactly a lot of young girls being raised in an environment full of outlaws. The second, more prominent reason was that Riften was home to the Thieves Guild, a group that was no particularly fond of Kjan, for she had killed one of its members. It didn't help that they found it to be a personal offense that the young thief continued to wear their dead guild-mate's armor.

On the other hand, Falkreath's stop would be fun. A mansion was bound to hold some valuables that would be a nice contribution to Kjan's funds for paying her debt. It had been a while since she was able to actually pull off a break-in without being chased away by guards, so she'd definitely attempt to take advantage of the opportunity. Kjan had also heard stories of the ruins in Skyrim. They were dangerous and often crawling with draugr and traps, but there were plenty of hidden treasures that could fetch her some nice coin.

Deciding that she might as well start the whole 'gaining trust' thing then, Kjan answered quickly, "None wear one, but there is only one woman with enough pride and gold to own a crown. Maven Black-Briar. Even when I was growing up in Treva's Watch, everything that woman did was news to us."

Quickly realizing that she had said a little more than she had wished about her past, Kjan silently grew frustrated with herself. The last thing she wanted was for her plans to be jeopardized by the fact she was heavily affiliated with a group of outlaws. She was especially concerned about Thor. He seemed like the kind of guy who lived with the idea of good versus evil, and would definitely not be trusting of someone who was more on the evil side of the spectrum than the good side.

The group continued to walk. Thanks to Thor's magelight spell, Kjan was able to make out a wooden sign that indicated that the group had crossed into Skyrim.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Alden gave the larger man an odd look as he was taken aside. The man explained the situation to him. "First of all, my name's Thor. And second of all, I had a reason for rejecting your plan. You see our traveling companions back there? Can a fellow smart enough to come up with such a plan as yours tell me if they look like the most trustworthy of folk? Now take your observations, and decide whether these are the kind of people you would give the possible location of an ancient artifact and set loose?"

The mage pondered Thor's words for a second. "You're right," He said, nodding as he voiced his agreement. "It's far too risky. Especially with that vampire... Alright. We'll do this the hard way for now." Giving a few final words of explanation, Thor led him back towards the group, where he told them the details of their hunt for the Bloodstone Chalice, reading aloud from a tattered piece of parchment. "Cup at a rich man's table; that tells us that the cup component is in a collection at a particular mansion in Falkreath Hold, probably Lake Illinalta. Stem sprouted from the soil of ancients; the stem of the Chalice must be in a ruin in Hjaalmarch. Jewel in a proud woman's crown; well, how many proud women in the Rift wear crowns?"

He raised an eyebrow at the words of the Dawnguard. Any one of these would provide a significant challenge for the group. The Lake Illinalta region was famed for it's many necromancer and other groups of unsavory mages. He didn't like the odds of walking into a haunted manor. And Nordic Ruins, regardless of the Hold they were in, were almost always trouble. He shivered just thinking about the last time he'd found himself in one. Gods, he hated draugr. The crown in the Rift seemed the most promising, but still...stealing from a Jarl, especially one as ruthless as Maven Black-Briar. Who knew what sort of murderers and mercenaries she had under her employ?

Focused on his thoughts, Alden barely noticed as the group crossed into Skyrim. Of course, the wind told him where they were soon enough. At least they weren't looking anywhere in Winterhold, he thought with a shiver.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Logan walked alone, the pain from the arrow was mostly gone but even now as he walked he could feel how sore and tender the fresh scar was. Still, it was nothing to the knight. He wasn't sure where he was, or where he intended to go, but judging by the mountains around him he figured he was beginning to cross over into Hammerfell. The peaks around him more then likely the Dragontail mountains. He took a moment, looking up at the stars which had begun to reappear from behind the fog bed which shrouded the night sky; searching for any constellations to navigate by. Alas, he found none, and with a grumble he set out once again.

Not long after, Logan stopped in his tracks as his ears caught the sound of distant chatter. The knight took a step back, unsure whether or not to directly present himself or find cover. These roads were dangerous, plagued by bandits and highwaymen looking to kill and steal. Though Logan knew these people likely weren't bandits, out here you didn't hear them coming before they struck. He couldn't make out what was being said, only catching on to a few distinct words; cup, jewel, Rift. He furrowed his brow, trying to make sense of what they were saying, but only hearing faint murmurs and hushed speech from then on.

So he waited, his armored hand wrapping around the hilt of his sheathed sword as he stood in the middle of the road. He wasn't planning to draw his blade unless he had to, but it didn't hurt to take precaution. His eyes scanned the darkness before him from behind the visor of his rusted helmet, searching for any sign of movement. Suddenly, four individuals emerged from the shadowy path, stopping in their tracks before Logan.

For a moment Logan held his breath, his grip tightening around the hilt of his sword. He couldn't make out their features, not from this distance. After a moment of pause, Logan loosened the grip around his sheathed sword and exhaled. "Headed into Skyrim, I take it?" Logan asked, his voice somewhat distorted from behind his helm.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Headed into Skyrim, I take it?"

Thor turned to see a dull figure against the background of the forest of the Reach. He snapped a candlelight spell into the air above him and saw with the glow that the man who had spoken was clad in heavily beaten armor. "We are," Thor said cautiously. The man certainly wasn't a Volkihar, but who he was was up for grabs. "What about you?"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    There was a pause, before one of them casted an alteration spell which lit the area up as if he were holding a torch. In the spell's light, Logan could make out the party before him more clearly. There were four of them in all, and Logan relaxed his grip around the hilt of his sword as he realized these people weren't bandits. Though one of them seemed to stand out, tall and garbed in a tattered black cloak and seemingly carrying a sinister aura. Logan narrowed his eyes, the sight of the shady figure which hung to the back of the group made him uneasy. "What about you?" The caster of the candlelight spell called out, and Logan tore his gaze away from the hooded shadow.

"Where I tread to, not even I know." Logan replied cryptically as he stepped forward, before making out the Dawnguard crest on the man's leather trench coat. "What business does a vampire hunter have here?" Logan asked, his curiosity peaked. He knew of the Dawnguard and their mission, and had run into their recruiters on more then one occasion.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Where I tread to, not even I know."

Ugh, he can't just speak freely like a normal person? Granted, the man, who wore a set of armor that resembled a knight's in the glow of Thor's spell, was a stranger. But when he followed with, "What business does a vampire hunter have here?" Thor considered that the man might not be so unfamilliar. "If you recognize this," Thor said as he motioned to the image of sunfire on his belt, "I think you should have some idea. Say, is that the emblem of the Knights of the Nine?"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "I think you should have some idea. Say, is that the emblem of the Knights of the Nine?" Logan was hardly surprised that the Dawnguard agent before him recognized the crest on his surcoat. Many still remembered the Knights of the Nine, especially in Cyrodiil and in parts of Skyrim. Logan felt some assurance knowing he was dealing with the Dawnguard, they seemed like an honorable bunch. "It is, does this concern you?" Logan asked, knowing that collaborating with renegade Knights was punishable by death in the eyes of Thalmor Justicars.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "It is, does this concern you?"

Thor had an idea. His group was a suspicious bunch, and this knight might be just what was needed to balance out the addition of a thief and a vampire. "It might, though I don't worry about what attention dealing with you might attract. Let the Thalmor come," Thor said. "I know that you must be one of the last knights. Tell me, knight, how would you like to help me, and in doing so carry on your order's charge?" Another benefit Thor saw to bringing the knight on was that this man surely must be experienced in fighting vampires.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "I know that you must be one of the last knights. Tell me, knight, how would you like to help me, and in doing so carry on your order's charge?" Logan paused for a moment, unsure how to proceed. Even this individual recognized the potential danger in bringing along a fugitive and target of Thalmor assassins, yet seemed undeterred regardless. "And just how could I help you?" Logan took another step forward, raising an eyebrow beneath his helmet. He suddenly realized that he had not introduced himself, and for what it was worth, decided to exchange formalities. "I am Sir Logan, by the way." He said, keeping it brief.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "And just how could I help you? I am Sir Logan, by the way."

"Your charge is to fight evil, to fight those things that go against the will of the gods, is it not? My charge is similar, but as you know, it centers around evil vampires. More specifically, the Volkihar Clan, which seeks to extinguish the sun. The name's Thor, and you'll get a chance to become acquainted with my compatriots here if you choose to come along." Keeping in mind that the Knights had once sought to protect relics of the Divines and destroy relics of the Daedra, Thor threw in, "We're headed into Skyrim to find the Bloodstone Chalice and destroy it." Now he had only to wait for an answer; Thor was nothing if not a persuasive speaker.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Hmph." Logan muttered, whoever this Thor was, he had done a good job of convincing Logan to come along. It was certainly true that Logan's charge as a Knight was to cleanse darkness and the impure, and the prospect of destroying a Daedric relic definitely peaked Logan's interest. "Then I shall travel with you, Markarth is not far from here, we could make it in but a few hours." Logan said, stepping forward to join with the group.

His eyes glanced over at the shrouded figure once more, and Logan caught the faintest glimpse of the figure's eyes, the burning red eyes of a vampire. Logan narrowed his eyes, suddenly making a move for his sheathed sword as he stepped back. "I know what you are," he snapped, turning towards Thor. "And why would the Dawnguard be traveling with vampires?" Logan asked, his tone somewhat hostile.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Sir Logan agreed to accompany the group, pointing out that Markarth was within their reach. The group began walking once again, when Logan snapped at Kiyoshi. "And why would the Dawnguard be traveling with vampires?" Thor sighed. He should have seen this coming. "If there's one thing I've learned as a vampire hunter - someone whose specific business it to kill vampires - it is that there is a difference between just a vampire and an evil vampire. Kiyoshi, I noticed earlier that your teeth look like those of a normal human. That's not possible for a vampire, unless some action is taken to make them that way. Why don't you inform myself and Sir Logan, why are your teeth like that?" Admittedly, Thor's level-headedness toward vampires who were overtly evil stemmed mostly from his affection for Serana, who was back at Fort Dawnguard; nonetheless, the Nord had learned to make such a distinction.

As the group continued converse, the night went on and soon they were at the gates of Markarth.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    It was a dreary night in the sprawling city of Markarth. The streets close to empty, only inhabited by the homeless and the drunk at this late hour. Secunda and Masser cast their white glow across the Dwemer architecture of the city that lay nestled among the mountains. A handful of guards lazily patrolled the streets, muttering their usual complaints regarding their duties, torches in hand, flickering in the night.

A man walked through the city, wearing dark brown, ratty leather armor, clearly worn from use. A matching hood was pulled up over his head, shrouding his face in darkness. The hooded figure trudged up the slope that the city was built upon and headed straight for the Silver-Blood Inn, muffled sounds of laughter and drunken banter still audible late into the night.

He shouldered the massive brass door open gently and stepped inside the tavern, his face illuminated and warmed by the hearth. He reached his hands up to his head and pulled the hood off, revealing a tangled, unkempt mop of raven black hair. His sky blue eyes were tired; his eyelids were heavy. His face was covered in a rough stubble that accompanied his standard soul patch, the usual facial hair that the Imperial man grew while on his adventures and unable to shave.

"Hey there Marcus, damn do you look exhausted. I'll get you a flagon of wine, on the house," said Kleppr, the bartender. Marcus could be considered a regular at the Silver-Blood Inn, as he had been in and out of the Dwemer city as of late while he was on the search for a valuable, fabled blade, one that belonged to an ancient Nordic native by the name of 'Red Eagle'.

"Thanks, Kleppr," the Imperial muttered as he collapsed onto a vacant bar stool. He propped his elbows up on the aged bar counter and his head fell into his hands. Marcus was exhausted; Kleppr was right. He needed to get some rest. Perhaps he would take some time off from his search and lay low in Markarth for a time, recuperating from the taxing hunt for the ancient relic. It was allusive, to say the least, and the tribes of hostile Forsworn didn't help the situation either.

"Here ya are, friend." Marcus opened his eyes and looked up to see an inviting flagon of wine before him, brimming with a deep maroon liquid. The Imperial made no hesitation to grab the flagon and start drinking. It had been several days since Marcus was last near civilization; the wine was a relief.

Gah, this search has taken much too long... how can this relic be so difficult to track down? Marcus continued sipping at his wine, enjoying every single drop of the savory liquid.

Rextoret

top kek
    "If there's one thing I've learned as a vampire hunter - someone whose specific business it to kill vampires - it is that there is a difference between just a vampire and an evil vampire. Kiyoshi, I noticed earlier that your teeth look like those of a normal human. That's not possible for a vampire, unless some action is taken to make them that way. Why don't you inform myself and Sir Logan, why are your teeth like that?"

Kiyoshi cleared his throat. While being called a vampire still infuriated him for some reason, he tried not to show it. And after so many hundreds of years, he had gotten rather good at not showing it. "Well, I've got an odd... habit, I suppose you could say." He opened his mouth and felt the bottom of his canine teeth, which were ground down to a nearly human shape and size. He pulled his finger out, before continuing. "You see, I don't like being a vampire. In fact, I despise that I have to be one." He paused before beginning again. "So, naturally, I try to be more... man-like."

He cleared his throat once again. "That includes... grinding my teeth on objects." He paused for a moment, attempting to sound as serious as possible. "That includes chairs, sticks, and other items." Kiyoshi couldn't help but feel as if whatever sinister intimidation he had was flying off at an alarming rate. Perhaps it would have been better to come up with something else. Although he supposed it was best to be honest with these travelers, lest he'd end up dead on the side of the road before even finding Izumi.

Farthlion

Kjan viewed the stranger with criticism. The man looked to be strong, and if not that, the emblem that Thor had pointed out meant he was strong willed and determined to do good. The thief ground her teeth in irritation, she was starting to hate Thor's open recruiting habits. It was just what she needed... another mogul that would stunt her chances of stealing the damn Chalice.

"I know what you are," the knight snapped and turned to Thor. "And why would the Dawnguard be traveling with vampires?" It surprised Kjan when the Dawnguard warrior began to defend Kiyoshi. She had assumed that they believed all vampires were pure evil.

The thief felt uncomfortable around Kiyoshi - purely because he was a vampire - but he had proven himself to be trusting enough to save her life... even after she had attempted to rob Thor. If he was just evil it would have made more sense for him to let her die. Kiyoshi was definitely different. Whether his final intentions were to deceive the group, Kjan did not know. From the guarded Nord's point of view, the vampire was the most likely individual she could trust since he didn't seem to have the same motives as the others.

"You see, I don't like being a vampire. In fact, I despise that I have to be one." He paused before beginning again. "So, naturally, I try to be more... man-like."

Kjan couldn't help but smirk as the vampire went on to describe his unusual habits. Usually vampires enjoyed flaunting their sharpened teeth and heightened abilities. He was definitely odd, but she was pretty sure that the entire group fit that description in one way or another.

As the group continued to walk through the night, Kjan remained silent. She was in deep thought though. The obvious distrust Logan had for Kiyoshi could come in handy down the road. Perhaps she could use it to her advantage when it came time to put her plan into motion.

Kjan had been to Markarth several times before. The first had been when she had initially left Treva's watch. Rumors of the Silverbloods having a fortune stored up immediately sparked the thief's interest. Unfortunately she had not realized that this fortune was in silver and in influence over the stone city. An actual personal stash of gold for the family had proven to be nonexistent. Nonetheless, Kjan had attempted to rob a local home, only proceeding to be chased out of the place by guards. The rest of her visits to Markarth ended in a similar fashion, always with the guards running after her as she stuffed her pockets with as many pieces of jewelry as possible.

To say the least, Kjan would have to be careful to not attract unwanted attention. That would be quite the task with a Knight of the Nine, a vampire, a Dawnguard soldier, and a flying Breton.

"Anyone up for a round of mead at the inn?" Kjan asked as the group entered the city. It was an unusually friendly question for her - but they didn't have to know that. Kjan also really disliked alcohol, but she was motivated to see if she could get some more information out of Thor about the actual value of the Chalice and the vampires she'd possibly be bartering with.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "If there's one thing I've learned as a vampire hunter - someone whose specific business it to kill vampires - it is that there is a difference between just a vampire and an evil vampire. Kiyoshi, I noticed earlier that your teeth look like those of a normal human. That's not possible for a vampire, unless some action is taken to make them that way. Why don't you inform myself and Sir Logan, why are your teeth like that?"

Logan kept his eyes fixed on the vampire, despite Thor's assurances he remained on edge. At best he was skeptical of Thor's claims, Logan had certainly never met a good vampire. Though he had encountered his fair share of the feral and evil kind. That is to say if any such distinction even existed, which Logan doubted.

The vampire cleared his throat before speaking. "Well, I've got an odd... habit, I suppose you could say." Logan raised an eyebrow as Kiyoshi opened his mouth, revealing his worn down canine teeth. If it weren't for the eyes, Kiyoshi might have been able to pass as human. "You see, I don't like being a vampire. In fact, I despise that I have to be one. So, naturally, I try to be more... man-like."

He began to go on about grinding his teeth on objects, and with that any impressions of this Kiyoshi being a sinister and villainous were gone. Beneath his helmet, Logan couldn't help but roll his eyes as the vampire went onto describe which objects and items he preferred gnawing on. With a disgruntled "Hmph," Logan let go of his sheathed sword and took a step back. He didn't like traveling with an undead, but somehow he doubted that this particular vampire would be much of a problem.

There were a few others in the group, a girl; and by the looks of it a thief, and a young mage. One thing Logan was good at was reading people, and judging by the way the girl kept to herself and her shady appearance, Logan quickly pegged her as being a crook. Technically Logan was at a predisposition to either arrest or kill her, with the same being true for the vampire in his midst, but he decided to wait and see how things turned out. Regardless, he couldn't act on suspicion alone, but he made a mental note to lop off her hand if she ever started rummaging through his things.
    As for the mage accompanying the group, Logan thought he was a step up from the criminals and vampires among them, but Logan reserved himself and kept quiet for much of the trip.

Markarth was a dirty city, and in more ways then one. Corruption ran rampant within the Jarl's court and the Silver Blood family, and crime plagued the less fortunate districts of the stone city. To top things off, it was also the headquarters of Skyrim's Thalmor justicars. Though their efficiency as an organization was laughable at times. Still, Logan felt unnerved as the distant lights of Markarth began to show in the distance.

"Wait." Logan said, and the group halted. "The Thalmor garrison their justicars here," Logan took off his pack, which was fastened to the shield he wore on his back. He undid the fastenings which kept the pack closed before pulling out a ragged woolen cloak, throwing it on and pulling the hood over his head. "Let's go." He muttered from beneath his hood as the group continued. He was still wearing his armor under his cloak, and definitely appeared suspicious, but at least he wouldn't be walking into the city with a literal target on his chest.

"Anyone up for a round of mead at the inn?" The girl's sudden words were somewhat off putting, she had said nothing during the short time Logan had been travelling with them and the way she spoke gave Logan the feeling there was some sort of ulterior motive at play.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    The group was finally into Markarth. Logan made sure his affiliation as a Knight was hidden, and the group was walking through the near-barren streets of the City of Stone. "Anyone up for a round of mead at the inn?" Kjan chimed in. Thor knew he should keep his wits about him with this Nord, but he also welcomed the prospect of making the forthcoming journey in a state of more than just civility. These people might be risking their lives at his side; trust would prove important. "Sounds good to me," Thor answered as he pushed open the great double doors of the Silver-Blood Inn.

In stark contrast with the hollow streets outside, the inn was warm and buzzing with the din of activity. Thor was glad for the refuge that the glow of the large hearth offered, and soon the five companions were seated at the large bar, drinks in hand, and already beginning to loosen up a bit. When he saw that she had reluctantly downed half a bottle of mead, Thor turned to his left and asked Kjan, "So what's your story, hm? What brings you here?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts