• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
nah i couldn't kill a dragon that chills on top of a mountain meditating..
Everyone's made mistakes in the past, that doesn't make them a bad person though. I believe paarthanax is sorry for his past and generally just seeks inner happiness and peace. Can't say im a great fan of the blades in skyrim anyway.
sorry delpehiene and esbern your not getting any loving from me.

Lordmacifer

No, I did not and I will not. Almost smashed Delphines face in with my sheild for the mention of it.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
If you go into the game with a character with a more Blades-centric/ anti-dragon attitude and perhaps an at any cost personality you might find it much easier to do. I did.

With most character I didn't feel the Parth killing thang. But with that one character it was nothing.

Saozig

Hippy
No, I haven't for any character with which I have gotten that far in the main quest line. I like him. He helps the Dragonborn. Plus I like the Greybeards more than Delphine, who I kind of loath. I really don't like how Delphine and Esbern send you to get the Greybeards' help and then they turn around and tell you you have to kill their leader. That's bulls***.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Like others here, I despise Delphine, and the old dragon essentially helped me save the world...he deserves a full pardon for his past misdeeds.

After all, my own character has a checkered past and proves redemption is indeed possible...at least until another child calls out to mother, and off I go to murder another fishwife for the usual rate of 1200 gold!

Wildroses

Delphine couldn't have chosen a worse moment to give me the Paarthurnax ultimatum. I hadn't realised that my carefully negotiated truce I had approved met I was rising Maven Black-Briar and the Silver-Blood's to Jarldom. They were on my top ten list of NPCs In Skyrim I Loathe, so I was sitting there thinking: "Nooo! What have I done?" as Delphine marched up and announced: "We know about Paarthurnax." I was bemused at first, as I didn't remember trying to keep him a secret. By the end of that conversation, Delphine had booted Heimskr from the top ten NPCs In Skyrim I Loathe. Paarthurnaax still meditates on the Throat of the World, and Delphine waits patiently in Sky Haven for me to 'do the right thing', like she's been doing for the past six in-game months.

Torok

I hurt him once... That's because I dragonrended him on accident when fighting Alduin.

I'll never hurt Master Paarthurnax.
I'd rather kill Delphine and Esbern before I harm Paarthurnax. Although, I'm not sure how the killing the blades thing is gonna work out with my peaceful priest Khajiit character... Maybe I'll finally try that mod where I talk to them about it and the quest disappears.

DeltaDelish

Member of the Khajiit Kute Karavan
I killed him once, cried for 2 hours then proceeded to go do the blades quest. There was no blades quest line.... Beat the hell out of that chick after I found that out.

i started a new game just to see how it is to do everything the different way but when i attack paarthurnax he wont turn hostile and when is health is down he wont die! anybody know how to get him turn hostile?

Veezara

Assassin
When I first played through the game I thought you had to, but after I realized you could let him live I played through again and let him live. He is indeed a pretty awesome character.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
i started a new game just to see how it is to do everything the different way but when i attack paarthurnax he wont turn hostile and when is health is down he wont die! anybody know how to get him turn hostile?
I had the same problem, but I went away and did some things, came back a couple of days later and I was able to murder that big green *&$#%#&^.

I did, but not for some bullplops "moral high ground" like the Blades think. I did it for power. To take control of the dragons. To create a new Dragon Cult, better and more stable then the last. With my vampiric immortality and using the Blades to keep the dragons in line, I will create the ultimate army, to use against the Aldmeri Dominion. The Eclipse (Vampire-Draconic Alliance) will crush any that stands before it. .........Yeah....my characters not really a good person.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Paarth is (was in my Skyrim) a dirty, sneaky traitor. He ran neither hot nor cold and thus is better off dead. Hiding on top of a mountain for centuries makes him nothing more than a coward with no self control. He turned on man, then he turned on his own kind. Cannot and should not be trusted by humans ever again and should be dispatched the minute Alduin is dead.

The only reason he helped the Dragonborn is because he foresaw how totally badass the Dragonborn would be and decided he better start kissing ass as soon as possible. I'm not gonna spend the next X-amount of years wondering when I'm gonna have to kill that slimy piece of dragon dung because he foresaw the coming of another badass and decides to start kissing THAT ass... nah. Kill him now and go fishing.

sanguisdraconis

Don't kill him, for heaven's sake! He is eminently wise, and, despite his actions in the Dragon War, he has been unwaveringly loyal to mankind for centuries after turning on Alduin (the real force for evil). The way I see it, Paarthurnax has entirely redeemed himself by helping many generations of humans to meditate on the Way of the Voice, just as he himself did in order to overcome his inborn lust for power. If you need further justification for keeping him alive, look no further than the speech he gives before you kill him (or not), from which I have taken the quote in my sig (one of my favourite lines from the whole game).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts