• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Why would this even matter, he could've easily dominated the humans regardless of whether other dragons were present or not.

Missed this the first time but are you serious? Paarth against Skyrim? Have you ever seen how quickly a few guards and a blacksmith can take down a dragon? Check his stats. He's weak. Trust me, I've killed him enough times to know that Paarth wasn't dominating s**t.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Wrong. You already have the power of the Dragonborn. Paarth only gives you the secret to take down Alduin. Who can blame him for giving you the secret to take the down the dude he back-stabbed.

He helps the Dragonborn understand the Way of the Voice, helps him meditate his shouts and teaches him with the word wall at the summit. He plays a large part in the Dragonborn's success.

How you manage to discredit Paarthurnax for eventually standing against someone who orchestrated slavery and oppression for hundreds of years is beyond me.

Well since you need a Shout to get there, I'd beg to differ.

Clear skies does just that, clears unfavorable weather. You mean to tell me that no other means of alteration magic can do the same?
Paarth doesn't really care about mankind. If he did, he wouldn't have hid on a mountain.
Well clearly he does if he helped them defeat Alduin and save the world twice.
He would have used his so-called infinite wisdom to try and figure a way to help.
You mean like he did?
Nope, he was just making sure you had enough power to dispatch the guy who he screwed over.

The guy he "screwed over" just had it so bad, didn't he?
He already knows. By the time you meet him you've already basically surpassed the Greybeards.

So if he knows that you've surpassed the Greybeards why does he feel the need to, in your words, "gauge your power."
I've based it on my interactions with him and the lore available. He is not an honorable being imo.

If someone who spent thousands of years in solitary repentance, who saved the world twice and sought no personal gain or power from it isn't considered honorable, I don't know what is.
Did you really need Dragonrend to beat Alduin?
Well, yes because otherwise he never lands.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Missed this the first time but are you serious? Paarth against Skyrim? Have you ever seen how quickly a few guards and a blacksmith can take down a dragon? Check his stats. He's weak. Trust me, I've killed him enough times to know that Paarth wasn't dominating s**t.

So you mean to tell me that, all gameplay aspects aside, that Paarthurnax couldn't take down guards? Ignoring the fact that Alduin pretty much razed a town full of them to the ground with minimal effort, and Mimulnir did the same to a watch tower until the Dragonborn came along, Paarthurnax in his prime was much more powerful than he is in Skyrim.

Gameplay mechanics=/=Lore and Story

LotusEater

So you mean to tell me that, all gameplay aspects aside, that Paarthurnax couldn't take down guards? Ignoring the fact that Alduin pretty much razed a town full of them to the ground with minimal effort, and Mimulnir did the same to a watch tower until the Dragonborn came along, Paarthurnax in his prime was much more powerful than he is in Skyrim.

Gameplay mechanics=/=Lore and Story

Your assumption that Paarth would dominate the world is quite a stretch no matter how you slice the gameplay/lore ratio.

Paarth wasn't a special dragon. He was just the biggest butt kisser and thus got to be Alduin's right hand man during the height of the carnage. He's not a dominator on any level. The actual Shout you receive from him is decent at best. He's a henchman. In this era, he's our henchman. If you aren't a vampire, you won't be around to see who he follows next. Good thing we dispatched the other two main antagonists.

Maybe you are putting Paarth on too much of a pedestal. He's nothing special. The Greybeards give you better shouts. He's no World Eater. He's just a simple henchman who hid away long enough to get old and wise and can be bent to give up secrets. I say kill him and put him out of his misery.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Your assumption that Paarth would dominate the world is quite a stretch no matter how you slice the gameplay/lore ratio.

I'm saying that if he really wanted to, which he doesn't, there wouldn't be much that could stop a dragon. I'm not saying he could without a doubt, but it certainly is a possibility.
He was just the biggest butt kisser
Evidence?
and thus got to be Alduin's right hand man during the height of the carnage. He's not a dominator on any level. He's a henchman.

Henchmen don't typically fight against their former command, in fact the reason Paarthurnax and others turned against Alduin was, depending on where you draw your sources from, was because Alduin began to go mad with power and claim he was a god.

There's nothing to indicate that Paarthurnax, or even any other dragon, is a loyal "henchman." In fact the contrary is stated when the Dragons begin to question Alduin when they hear of how powerful the Dragonborn is.
In this era, he's our henchman.
He really isn't, in fact based on the dialogue between the player and Paarthurnax it's clear that Paarthurnax is the teacher/mentor in the relationship and the Dovahkiin is the student.
If you aren't a vampire, you won't be around to see who he follows next. Good thing we dispatched the other two main antagonists.

Paarthurnax doesn't follow anybody, buddy. He's spent thousands of years in seclusion trying to suppress his evil nature. The only contact he had with others being the Greybeards and Numinex.

There's nothing to indicate he is a follower and a henchman. Period.
Maybe you are putting Paarth on too much of a pedestal. He's nothing special.
According to Nordic legend he was sent by Kyne to help defeat Alduin. Through his teachings he's saved humanity twice. That's a pretty high pedestal.
He's no World Eater. He's just a simple henchman who hid away long enough to get old and wise and can be bent to give up secrets. I say kill him and put him out of his misery.

Opinions.

LotusEater

Yup. Tons and tons of opinions and all of them point towards me killing Paarth. Nobody will miss him since I don't meditate.