• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

The title. Did you kill the Grand Master of the Greybeards, or did you not kill him?

blue 468

Once on my first try but I regretted it after, he was to awesome to kill again:)

KC95

I did on my first playthrough. I thought I had to and then the Greybeards stopped talking to me. I was upset. :sadface:

zane

I did not, in fact I tried to kill the old blade and delphine =/

I'm the friggin Dovakhiin, Its my friggin decision, if good ol' Paarth wants to try to be the next Al (highly doubt he'll ever care for power) then I'll take him down then, but until then, he is my mentor, my brother, my kin.

:D w00t

Valyn

I killed him just so I could continue on with the blades quest, and besides there isn't any point in keeping him alive if you have a shout blessing or have all of the shouts.

doc108

I think I may kill him to sort of signify the death of any of my characters. Like once I kill him it ruins that char forever so I will never be tempted to use that char again.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
No, I didn't kill him. Delphine has always been one of the most annoying characters to have to deal with, so on top of not attempting to betray the most respectable mentor in the game, I wasn't trying to do her any favors. Also, the reasoning wasn't strong. The request was to kill him for being a potential threat to mortals, and being Alduin's right hand during the Dragon War. But what was overlooked (with some idea of the notion, noted by some of Delphine's own words) or perhaps curmudgeonly omitted was the fact he not only betrayed Alduin in the end, but taught mortals to use the Thu'um; and through constant effort staved off his primal natural to rule. A dragon who had found peace and gave over the key to his own race's power because of empathy (and decreed by a divine no less) is not one deserving of death for past transgressions I think.

Xivia4

No and I don't plan on ever killing him. Even my most dark, depraved character can't muster killing Parth.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
when the blades asked me to kill parth, i was like ''you two could go to hell, parth is my friend/ally/master/mentor/something else i forgot, and you want me to kill just because he was Alduin's right hand, if someone helped some warlord in the past, then he betrayed him and was the main reason he was defeated, would you kill him for his past actions...I WILL SHOUT YOU BOTH TO OBLIVION! FUS-RO'' and you know what happened next :rolleyes:

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I was about to, but he said this

"What is better? To be born good? Or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

Totally blew me away and I had tears in my eyes. I played 5 characters and non killed Parthy.

There was no way that I could kill Paarthurnax. After everything he did for me and how little the Blades did for me, they wanted to tell me that he deserved to die? The way they treat dragons is no different than the way the Nords treat all other races, which is also no different than the way the Thalmor treat all other races. So in essence, the Blades, like the Nords, are hypocrites. Paarthurnax is an awesome character, he's helpful, and he did more in one quest than the Blade's do for you in every quest involving them!

The Blades questline isn't that great anyway. They give me help to kill dragons. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. SoI have massive amounts of health and Magicka, an invincible Argonian follower, a powerful (and hot) vampire follower, the ability to call a dragon to aid me in battle or summon one from the Soul Cairn, a crapload of shouts and powerful weapons, and spells that allow me to shoot lightning or summon Daedra, yet I need some dragon-hating crusaders to help me out that end up dying or running away (at least, for me they did)? Uh, yeah, thanks but no thanks, I think I'm good. Then there's Esbern's potion, which is glitched anyway. And finally, why do I need to recruit followers into the Blades anyway? The only followers I really use are Derkeethus and Serana. The former stays at Darkwater Crossing whether you recruit him or not, and latter can't be recruited (smart girl). Other than that, they can't really help me out.

And let's see what the Blades have done for me compared to the Greybeards.

Blades:
Stole the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller just to meet me.
Had me kill a dragon I probably would've found and killed anyway.
Had me infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy only to find out the Thalmor know nothing about the dragons and are looking for Esbern.
Told me there was a shout that can defeat Alduin.

Greybeards (including Paarthurnax):
Tought me how to use my Thu'um.
Granted me the full Unrelenting Force shout and the first Whirlwind Sprint shout.
Helps me find other words of power.
Told me how to find the Elder Scroll.
Instructed me to try and capture one of Alduin's allies.
Allows me to meditate on one of three words of power at a time.
Actually helped me instead of trying to help themselves as the Blades did.

Overall, the Greybeards actually helped me in the main quest and told me what I needed to know, whereas the Blades only told me and had me do what benefitted them and what they thought was best, not what was actually necessary. The Greybeards are the better faction, Paarthurnax deserves to live, and Delphine and Esbern deserve to die, so I made them unessential, turned them hostile, soul trapped them, and enchanted my Daedric Swords using them. That actually made them more useful than when they were alive! :p

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
His bones are interred in a small lint cupboard in the corner of my house.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts