Opinion of legendary mode.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJ0331

Nords forever
I have recently been playing on legendary with my nord warrior and having a blast. It works well for leveling skills fast without using exploits and it makes the civil war battles really fun. What is your experience or opinion of legendary? Oh yeah magic users still cream me but warriors are no match haha.

Wildroses

I haven't been game to try Legendary because I find Master hard enough. I do prefer the game when everything can kill me and all combat is risky, but Master fulfils that so well I still fear Legendary.

TJ0331

Nords forever
My nord tank does surprisingly well on legendary. I have some restoration magic well because I need to heal eventually. I don't use enchanting and I still can fight my way with plain weapons. I put it down to expert because I was getting one shotted by a draugr deathlord because I made my heavy armor legendary and expert seemed way too easy for some reason even though most of my guys die quickly on adept for some reason.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't play anything above adept. Expert, Master and Legendary are just too much for me and completely blow all RP out of the water for me. Adept is fine as it's 1 to 1, which makes sense, but the higher ones I just die all the time. No fun at all.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Don't play anything above adept. Expert, Master and Legendary are just too much for me and completely blow all RP out of the water for me. Adept is fine as it's 1 to 1, which makes sense, but the higher ones I just die all the time. No fun at all.
I agree Absoluty expert and up give the enemies a damage and defensive advantage over you, they are not supposed to be anywhere near as powerful as you you are the freaking dragonborn for crying out loud, many don't like being OP in their game but I do but only endgame where I have absorbed countless dragonsouls and am at a very high level, it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I have finally become powerful and now possess the abilities to smush anyone foolish enough to face me.

Daelon DuLac

I agree Absoluty expert and up give the enemies a damage and defensive advantage over you, they are not supposed to be anywhere near as powerful as you you are the freaking dragonborn for crying out loud, many don't like being OP in their game but I do but only endgame where I have absorbed countless dragonsouls and am at a very high level, it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I have finally become powerful and now possess the abilities to smush anyone foolish enough to face me.
I will admit that I do tend to move up to Master or Expert (but never Legendary) once I'm basically God Like on all the other difficulties as it ups the challenge. I realize I'm the dragonborn, but, when it gets to the point where I can one-shot a dragon, death-lord or even Miraak, I know I've gone too far. :)

tx12001

I will admit that I do tend to move up to Master or Expert (but never Legendary) once I'm basically God Like on all the other difficulties as it ups the challenge. I realize I'm the dragonborn, but, when it gets to the point where I can one-shot a dragon, death-lord or even Miraak, I know I've gone too far. :)
A deathlord they are but mere men, they you can one shot and kill a dragon not so much unless the spell you cast was apocalyptic in scale
but what happens if you had the shout that mirak used tokll the dragons and restore his own health would you believe you were OP because you could one shot them?

tx12001

As for me a one-shot one kill syste only works for certain enemies for instance

1 - The Size of the Creature
2 - Is the Creature Immortal or Not
3 - What Level is the Creature
4 - The Lore of the Creature

I use these factors to determan if I will allow my self the one-shot one kill method on my foes

Daelon DuLac

A deathlord they are but mere men, they you can one shot and kill a dragon not so much unless the spell you cast was apocalyptic in scale
but what happens if you had the shout that mirak used tokll the dragons and restore his own health would you believe you were OP because you could one shot them?
Not if I was Miraak a thousands of year old Dragon Born master Sorcerer, but, that just ain't what the characters are.

TJ0331

Nords forever
The main reason I don't oversmith weapons is because I hate one shotting powerful enemies and when I am on legendary with a 70 damage axe my one handed goes up a lot because of all of my hacking and slashing.

jarif

Depends, a good starting level is adept but once you require enough skills to stand on your on two feet at level 30+ than move up to Expert, once your confident enough than Master. Than again I could be wrong, I haven't played without Skyrim redone in a long time.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Disappointing. That's my opinion.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I aspire to be able to do Legendary someday. :) I am at expert. That's pretty good since when I started I'd never even wielded a sword in my life!

Adam Warlock

For me , I think the soft cap area around levels 40-50 is the best for going Legendary.
You still have to be careful but the higher attributes , perks , and powers give you a margin for error.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I always start characters on adept then go to expert and so on. I never thought I would regularly play on master or legendary but it's fun for the moment at least.

tx12001

Not if I was Miraak a thousands of year old Dragon Born master Sorcerer, but, that just ain't what the characters are.
Techinaccly your character is more powerful than Miraak, if you weren't you would not be alive no would you, You may not have actually killed Miraak but you did defeat him, Mora just finished him

tx12001

Techinaccly your character is more powerful than Miraak, if you weren't you would not be alive no would you, You may not have actually killed Miraak but you did defeat him, Mora just finished him, Just Listen to Miraaks dialogue when you fight him some of the things he says about how your so much more powerful than he believed possible

Ender

First playthrough I did on Epic. After wrecking the Ebony Warrior I upped it to Legendary and again wrecked him. So, the new playthrough I started on Legendary... and with a pretty gimp build but quickly gave up. It was just obnoxious in my opinion. Everything, and I mean everything, leveled slowly. It took me nearly 4 hours of game time just to make it to level 5. I'm doing a restoration based build so its pretty challenging on its own. I ended up lowering it back down to Epic because it's just more fun like this.

tx12001

First playthrough I did on Epic. After wrecking the Ebony Warrior I upped it to Legendary and again wrecked him. So, the new playthrough I started on Legendary... and with a pretty gimp build but quickly gave up. It was just obnoxious in my opinion. Everything, and I mean everything, leveled slowly. It took me nearly 4 hours of game time just to make it to level 5. I'm doing a restoration based build so its pretty challenging on its own. I ended up lowering it back down to Epic because it's just more fun like this.
There is No such thing as Epic difficulty you must be talking about expert or master

tx12001

but seriously is there anyone who actually wants to see there character go from nothing to godlike in power, I guess the majority of you hated the Idear of the Shivering ilses in Oblivion (spoiler for anyone who has not played SI do not read on) then considering you became a god would you have felt overpowered then if you could 1 shot the strongest foe in the game? Personally I love going from Weak to all-powerful after hundreds of gameplay hours it actually feels like I accomplished something, I don't go to far as to one shot a legendary dragon that to powerful considering what they are but I feel fine 1 shotting any humanoid enemy, if I do not 1 shot them then I aint powerful enough but if I can one shot a legendary dragon I am 2 powerful, I usually Role-play with my Chrarcter's Power and let the fight carry on despite the fact I could have killed the enemy 10 minutes earlier, Providing a good RP is my challenge not the fight it's self.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts