NPC's Attacking each other for dropped items

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I had a guard yell at me for dropping a weapon on the ground, but I didn't realize NPCs would fight over stuff. That's awesome!

DeathbyDD

Juuuuuust happened to me! I've had a guard in Windhelm tell me to not drop weapons or else I'd be fined and I've had a follower pick up a piece of armour in the wilderness and ask if she could keep it but I've never before seen anything quite like what happened in Riften:
I was collecting a stash of goodies from a barrel to bring to my new house that I'm building with the new Hearthfire addon and being overencumbered, was deciding what to drop and what to keep. When I exited out of the screen I heard people start commenting on the stuff on the ground. They were saying stuff like "oh I saw it first!" And "Oh no you don't!" Then a fight broke out between three of the merchants over who would get to keep my discarded things. I quickly Calmed them all then picked up my stuff and threw them in a bin! ^_^

Gowsh

Old Fart
Is anyone sure whether this was added in a patch or there from the start?

I've often seen thieves hunted down in Riften, but no food riots.

DeathbyDD

Is anyone sure whether this was added in a patch or there from the start?

I've often seen thieves hunted down in Riften, but no food riots.
I dunno but I've seen something sort of similar in Oblivion so I'm pretty sure its just part of the game as-is.

In Oblivion there was a little tavern on the Red Ring Road (had a necromancer lair nearby). It was populated with traveling mercenary types. I walked in as part of a quest to deliver something to the barkeep. Been there many times before. An Imperial guard is there, just chilling saying Imperial Guard stuff. Then I see one of the usual patrons, a khajiit, sneaking up on the guard from behind!

I'm just standing there wide-eyed and slooooooowly start to back up.

The khajiit sneaks up to the guard, the guard sits up and yells "STOP! THIEF!" Then proceeds to fight the khajiit. Now the cat dude is wearing glass armour and everyone in the tavern (about 5 people minus myself and the barkeep in civy cloths) are wearing daedric and they all just team up on the guard. The guard manages to kill the cat but is then murdered by the mob of previously regular looking folk. Then its back to business as usual except now with two corpses laying about.
I just sat there dumbfounded for like ten minutes, then relaoded and watched it happen all over again! XD

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
The stupidest thing I think I've ever seen the folk of Riften kill each other were the "Mara loves you" pamphlets that I dropped. The very things they complained about when I handed it to them, they killed each other over it.
R.I.P. Brand-Shei, but you were no match for Vulwulf Snow-Shod. Enjoy your second Mara pamphlet that you didn't want to begin with.

DeathbyDD

The stupidest thing I think I've ever seen the folk of Riften kill each other were the "Mara loves you" pamphlets that I dropped. The very things they complained about when I handed it to them, they killed each other over it.
R.I.P. Brand-Shei, but you were no match for Vulwulf Snow-Shod. Enjoy your second Mara pamphlet that you didn't want to begin with.
LOL! Poor dear! >_<

Gowsh

Old Fart
Interesting.

I'm currently playing Morrowind (I'm new to the franchise) and (if I remember :oops: ) I'll test for the same behavior.

I hope to see the stuff you described when I get to Oblivion.

Thanks.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Interesting.

I'm currently playing Morrowind (I'm new to the franchise) and (if I remember :oops: ) I'll test for the same behavior.

I hope to see the stuff you described when I get to Oblivion.

Thanks.

I've actually never seen anything like that in Morrowind - and I leave piles of stuff everywhere in that game.

The random events that you're much more likely to see are assassin related.

I call this "Poor man's Fury", if you're a non-illusionist, you can get bandits to fight each other over as little as 1 septim. Hours of fun for the whole family!

Breton

That's pretty funny actually. That Vulwulf Snow-Shod is just way too aggro, he's always killing Indarys in my game when I drop things in the Bee and Barb too.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
The people in riften are bums. What do you expect to happen? Riften is skyrims ghetto city :)

Riften Hold bi*ch, Riften Riften Hold bi*ch.

(Hate that song)

DavidGamut

Ah the innocence of childhood. I was dropping silver ore that I had transmuted from iron ore to the ground by the Smelter at War Maidens so I could gather up a bunch to make silver ingots when little Braith ran up, scooped them all up and handed them to me saying that I must have dropped them. :)

LMFAOOOOOOO

How has no one laughed their ass off at this yet??

Thanks!
David

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I decided to try this out, and it actually works! Mjoll the lioness and Marise Aravel fought over the cabbages, and the winner didn't even pick it up.

I nearly cracked up over this one. It's safe to say that the thieves guild and Maven better watch their backs because this bitch means business! It's safe to say that I want her to be the new Jarl of Riften because she doesn't mess around!

DovahCap

I decided to try this out, and it actually works! Mjoll the lioness and Marise Aravel fought over the cabbages, and the winner didn't even pick it up.

VIDEOS AND DOPE

I nearly cracked up over this one. It's safe to say that the thieves guild and Maven better watch their backs because this bitch means business! It's safe to say that I want her to be the new Jarl of Riften because she doesn't mess around!

Mjoll just did that.

Wow.

DovahCap

I think she suffers from severe PMS. Even the dragonborn better stay clear of her :)

Oh great. Now I have to go get in a fight with Mjoll.

To be fair, I'll be wearing iron armor and using an iron sword.

Neriad13

Premium Member

The bit at the end with Aerin was just so perfectly timed. :D