Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DarkEastwood

Big wooly do you think Hrisskar will ever begin to wonder what Jorravasker is and try to join the companions or any other factions. I am also curious as to how he has gone this whole time without randomly running into a daedric quest.
He did Sheogorath's, and sold the staff you get. If I recall correctly...

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
yeah he did but I am surprised he hasn't done any that would benefit him. He would be amazing with the mace of molag bal. Although I don't know if his moral implications would allow him to kill the vigil of stendarr and the other guy to complete that quest.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
oh ok read on then it only gets better from there

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Hey bigwooly since you said you have it on Xbox are you thinking about doing anything with dawnguard? I don't know how that could fit into the story of Hrisskar in general but with all the stuff you come up with I'm sure you could think of something.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
lol yeah I have been thinking about writing one but I want to do something really different. I may use an idea that I have seen people throw around about how if your a werewolf you turn at night and have no idea where you are in the morning. I may even ask someone else to play me in my werewolf form so when I come back I sincerely have no idea what has happened.
I am actaully playin something pretty similar to this right now, with most of BIGWooly's restrictions with some modifications. I have the back story all done and the first couple journal entries all done.

Now I'm just trying to find the time to get it all posted on the forum. Hopefully I will have time this weekend!

Love this playstyle, and the ways you can progress through the world of Skyrim are amazing!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I am actaully playin something pretty similar to this right now, with most of BIGWooly's restrictions with some modifications. I have the back story all done and the first couple journal entries all done.

Now I'm just trying to find the time to get it all posted on the forum. Hopefully I will have time this weekend!

Love this playstyle, and the ways you can progress through the world of Skyrim are amazing!
awesome i cant wait to see what you have in store

Hey bigwooly since you said you have it on Xbox are you thinking about doing anything with dawnguard? I don't know how that could fit into the story of Hrisskar in general but with all the stuff you come up with I'm sure you could think of something.
If he does get it, I hope he has a Kinect so he can use the voice input to actually shout ;)

Also, there's been a couple times I've been reading, against mages mostly I think, where Hrisskar has been out of range, or being outran where I though the dash shout would be a good idea to use, to close the distance quickly. I wonder if wooly has thought of it or if he just happened to have the shouts on cooldown at the time...

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Yeah I have wonder
If he does get it, I hope he has a Kinect so he can use the voice input to actually shout ;)

Also, there's been a couple times I've been reading, against mages mostly I think, where Hrisskar has been out of range, or being outran where I though the dash shout would be a good idea to use, to close the distance quickly. I wonder if wooly has thought of it or if he just happened to have the shouts on cooldown at the time...
yeah I have wondered that too but I concluded taht it must be cooldown as he uses unrelenting force pretty often, btw BIGwooly marked for death you mentioned you had it a little while back but its EXTREMELY useful against heavily armored opponents and giants and mammoths.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
maybe i missed it, but, you guys are talking about all expenditure?

only one person can "leach."
we were talking about mark up there who just posted his video to try and get views

BIGwooly

Honestly, that's a good strategy. Playing with my restrictions makes dying an easy thing to accomplish, so I often hold off on using a shout in case I need to use the ethereal shout and escape. I used to rely on the fear power as my backup, but on a few occasions it hasn't worked, so now I tend to rely more on ethereal. Also, I do tend to use unrelenting force a lot more because it can allow me to either flee short term or 'paralyze' my target while I get more hits in.

I like the idea to use sprint, though. I've used it here and there as you described, but I could maybe stand to use it a bit more.

BIGwooly

yeah he did but I am surprised he hasn't done any that would benefit him. He would be amazing with the mace of molag bal. Although I don't know if his moral implications would allow him to kill the vigil of stendarr and the other guy to complete that quest.

Hrisskar is a pretty straight and narrow character. I can't see him ever aiding a daedric prince. But you never know. He did kill a man in cold blood once because that man was on his way to join the legion. Of course, he felt terrible about it for months, and still thinks about it at times. d;-)

BIGwooly

I honestly haven't had the time to even look at Dawnguard, so not sure if I would be able to incorporate it with Hrisskar's playthrough. Most likely I will implement it into my next project, though.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Hrisskar is a pretty straight and narrow character. I can't see him ever aiding a daedric prince. But you never know. He did kill a man in cold blood once because that man was on his way to join the legion. Of course, he felt terrible about it for months, and still thinks about it at times. d;-)
Thats why I don't think Hrisskar would participate, he might go along with and SAY he will do it but only to save himself he would never actually do what they needed. (he might do the clavicus vile one though because if you go one way you are saving this dog)

BIGwooly

Big wooly do you think Hrisskar will ever begin to wonder what Jorravasker is and try to join the companions or any other factions. I am also curious as to how he has gone this whole time without randomly running into a daedric quest.

Just saw this. I actually have run into several daedric quests, but passed on all of them because that's Hrisskar's nature. I wrote about one or two of them I think.

DarkEastwood

Also another thing I'd like to share is an idea I posted on Shongo's thread. It's an idea that might add some realism to stories and games. I'd like your opinions :p
Nice post! I just thought of something to possibly add to the rules: you can't use a perk point unless at a relevant trainer or someone associated with the perk you plan on getting. This will make it seem less like the ability came out of nowhere, and more like you learned a new technique.

(ex. Assassins Blade could be gotten from anyone from the DB, or a one handed trainer.
Another ex. Eagle Eye could be gotten from any NPC that regularly uses a bow.)

More advanced perks must be gotten from NPC's that are better at the skill than others.

(ex. Aela, Karliah, and Angi are the only ones that can teach you the top tier archery perks)