Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

Do we have any pictures of Hrisskar? BIGwooly, I'm guessing your avatar picture is him, but...

Avatar picture is not Hrisskar. It was a character I started and played for just a little bit before starting over as Hrisskar. I was playing with the same restrictions for the most part, but just couldn't see playing the main quest as this character. The screenshot you see is this character stuck on a precipice of a huge cliff after jumping off the cliff to escape a pack of wolves that were about to kill me. Pretty epic gaming moment (like out of a movie). d;-)

I'll see if I can work a pic of Hrisskar in the journal somehow. You've already seen him a few times in a few sketches, though. d;-)

BIGwooly

- 27th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

The past several days have only made me miss Kharjo more than ever. Having left Windhelm without him, my mind was set on returning to the island with the ice wraith. My new abilities would be a valuable asset for the stormcloaks. It was time to stop wandering the wilds and time to start shedding imperial blood.

But I needed a boat to get out to the island, and the boat I had used previously was gone. I suspected some nefarious souls had taken it and they were likely out at the old shipwreck. Bandits are nothing if not somewhat predictable.

I took the long route out to the shipwreck, killing several wolves along the way. A dragon also appeared in the skies above. I prayed that he wouldn't see me, but that prayer was left unanswered. He crashed down in front of my and shook the ground under my feet. I dug my heels into my horse, who remains unnamed, and we took off in the opposite direction. The dragon spewed fire from it's mouth and the flames scorched our backsides. It took an hour or so of skillful horsemanship to confuse the dragon and cause it to lose sight of us, but eventually it did. I took great comfort in watching it fly away.

By midday I had reached the old boat, which was just as before, split in half like the victim of a giant axe. I hid my horse and crept up onto the shipwreck. My suspicions were confirmed. I counted three outlaws and one small rowboat. It was time to put myself to the test.

I drew a single arrow, which in retrospect I should have poisoned, and struck the nearest criminal in the back. The trio of thugs rushed to fight me. One of them had a bow, and began loosing arrows at my head. The other two came to the side of the boat and began taunting me. I saw through their ploy, though. They weren't sure how to get up on the ship where I was, so they were taunting me in the hopes I would come down to them. That would have been certain suicide, though. These were not average outlaws, they were battle-worn thugs of the most dangerous kind.

For the next several hours I dodged dozens and dozens of arrows .. and was struck by many as well ... and used my shout of unrelenting force against my foes over and over. I put my mace into action as well, sometimes with poison and sometimes without. The two outlaws with melee weapons were quite dangerous. I would dance with them to get them to swing at me, and then attempt to strike them myself. But they were quick, and too often would catch me with a second strike of their own ... or worse .. a staggering smash of their shield.

A snowstorm was raging, and even at midday it was difficult to see. But after several hours of fighting, with the approach of nightfall, it became much more difficult to see anything. Several times already I had nearly been killed outright by the melee bandits, and the archer was now scoring more hits with his arrows since I could barely my own hand in front of my face. Only a master archer could land arrows on a target in these conditions.

Eventually I was able to lure the archer closer and I used my shout against him once more. He flew backwards, tumbling across the rocks like a bundle of straw in a gale. This time, finally, he did not get back up. I had finally killed one of these fetchers after nearly eight hours of fighting.

The second in command fell dead shortly after, but the outlaw leader was a stubborn opponent. She simply would not die. I assaulted her with shouts and poisons and crushing blows from my mace, and she came back for more. Her mouth spit constant threats and taunts at me, and my confidence waned. I needed Kharjo by my side. What had I done? Why had I thought it best to part ways? I was going to die out here in the bitter cold of a midnight snowstorm.

Every time I got in close to strike the barbarian she would counter my strike and nearly kill me. Every time I shouted her down, she managed to get back up and come back for more. I had a few arrows left so I fired all of them into her. Seven arrows and she barely seemed to notice. But the eighth arrow was different. It struck her well, and caused her to drop to a knee. I wasted no time and shouted at her. She flipped across the water and landed on her face some thirty paces away. This time she didn't get up. It was over.

The next morning I found some apples and ate several of them. I had missed dinner the night before and my stomach was quite unhappy with that. I wasn't too worried, though. My plan was to return to Winterhold and sell some of the bandit gear. I could just get a meal there. So I gathered up what I could and decided to leave a few things behind so that I could carry a bit more. I fed my horse the rest of the apples and then mounted her and prepared to leave.

That was when I heard the sound. It was distant, but it was unmistakeable. A dragon. Like a moth to flame my eyes shot skyward. I didn't see it at first, because it was so far away and soaring in and out of clouds. But then I caught it's form, dark and ominous, and directly over Winterhold.

I felt a pit in my stomach as I set out. Riding towards a dragon is not the best way to start your day. But I rationalized it out. In all likelihood the dragon would terrorize Winterhold and leave before I even arrived. Either that or the town guards would bring it down with arrows. I tried to convince myself of this.

An hour or so later I arrived at Winterhold. For the briefest of moments I thought my rationalization had been correct. But then I saw a guard with his bow drawn, and a huge shadow swept over me. Dragon!

I dismounted and did what I could to put my horse in a safe place. Then I ran to assist the guards. But I couldn't. I had left my bow behind so that I could carry more back to the store. I was useless, and could do nothing but watch as the dragon rained down fire on the town. I tried using my shout several times, but it seemed to have no effect on the dragon. Instead, I just drew attention to myself and was nearly burned into oblivion on several occasions. I had to get my hands on a bow.

I found some cover and waited. It was a morbid thought, but I knew one of the guards would likely succumb to the fiery breath of this beast. When that happened I would take his bow and join the fight. I ventured out several times, running around the town trying to find a guard that had fallen to the ancient monster. Instead, I found myself getting roasted repeatedly like a leg of lamb over a spit. I used my ethereal shout when I could, but I still was nearly killed more than once.

I was in cover, recovering from one of the dragon's bursts of flame, when I noticed I didn't see any guards running around anymore. In fact, the dragon now seemed solely focused on my location, and was flying back and forth and flaming it on every pass. Assuming this must mean the beast had killed all the guards, I used my ethereal shout and ran from cover. I heard the dragon roar in anger overhead but I kept on sprinting. Ahead of me, on the ground, was a guard. I ran to him and grabbed his bow and a quiver of arrows from his back, but it was too much to carry. So with the dragon coming back on another pass I quickly dropped the enchanted armor I had brought up from the ship .. and ran.

Almost as if a mirror of the previous day I found myself in a raging snowstorm with daylight fading. The fight with the dragon had been on since noon at least, and it was now late evening. Before long it was fully dark out and the fight became that much more difficult. The dragon knew exactly where I was hiding. He would swoop overhead several times and then hover and blast me with fire. My cover provided decent protection, but some of the flame always managed to reach me. I did my best to fire arrows back at him, but for every three times he spewed fire at me I would manage to get a single arrow into his chest.

Feeling faint and near death, I had no choice but to put away the guard's bow and drink a health potion. Death was on my doorstep and knocking. I had to find a way to end this fight.

As if on cue the gods delivered a miracle for me. From somewhere unknown a single guard joined the fight with me. Now the dragon split his attention between the two of us, and I was able to strike him more often with arrows. After some time he landed on the road. His injuries from our arrows were making flight difficult for him. I knew from past experience that now was the time to make my final move.

I dashed across the street and took cover behind the corner of a house just as a river of flame swept past me. A moment later I stepped out into the street and began firing arrows into the dragon as quickly as I could. The guard was on the opposite side of the street, also firing arrows at the dragon. Together we slowly ebbed the dragon's life away.

But then the guard fell as the dragon's flames engulfed him a final time. I was on my own again, and out of arrows as well. I ducked back around the house and switched to my mace. Then I circled around the houses to get as close to the dragon as I could before he would see me. As I came into sight he reared up and let loose a mighty breath. I sprinted through the pain and crashed into the monstrous fiend with my mace flying. Infuriated, the dragon bit at me, and for a moment I thought I was dead. Instinctively I swung my mace again, and this blow brought the mighty dragon down. One more bite or even a hint of his breath would have killed me for sure. I couldn't believe I was alive and couldn't believe I had killed the dragon.

I sold what I could and spent the night in Winterhold. The next morning I left for Windhelm to sell the enchanted armor I had collected. The shopkeep in Winterhold couldn't afford to purchase it, and I wasn't about to sell it for a measly fifty coins.

After reaching Windhelm without incident, and selling off the armor, I went back to the shipwreck. I collected a few more items and then made the trek back to Windhelm to earn myself some additional gold. It took the rest of the day and I debated just spending the night in Windhelm. But there were still some items I had left on the shipwreck and I didn't some other lucky soul to come along and help himself to my hard-earned loot.

So I left town in the evening as the sky was getting dark. Just outside Windhelm I came across a group of men in a heated fight. I could see two bodies on the ground already, and five others actively fighting each other. They were all circling deftly and firing arrows at each other. In the dim light of late evening I couldn't quite tell who the men were, so I stayed my distance and watched the battle play out.

When it was over, two men were left standing. I waited patiently as they walked away, and then went to investigate. The first body I found was that of a stormcloak soldier. As was the second. And the third.

By the gods! I had just witnessed the slaughter of three stormcloaks and I did nothing to help them!

I checked the fourth body and it was that of an imperial soldier. My mind was spinning now. I felt rage welling up within me. I was furious at myself for having just watched this fight. And these two imperials had just walked away .. right past me. I was drunk with rage.

Without even thinking I ran after the imperials, leaving my horse behind. These pompous fools would pay and they would pay this very night.

A short distance up the road I caught up to them. One of them drew his sword and was warning me to mind my own business. I didn't even let him finish his sentence. With a might shout I sent both soldiers flying backwards on the road. They landed in a heap together, stunned and in pain. I didn't waste a second. I was already running towards them with my mace drawn.

The first soldier stood up, his sword and shield ready for action. He opened his mouth and tried to say something about how I was dead, but I shut his mouth with my mace before he could finish. With his companion falling dead to the ground next to him, the other imperial decided not to waste any time with words. He raised his sword and stepped forward to attack me. Completely blind with my rage, I didn't even think. I just reacted. My shield crashed forward and disrupted the imperial's attack. He stumbled back, and I flurried with my mace. One. Two. Three strikes against him and he dropped to the ground as dead as his friend.

It was in that moment that I knew I was on the right path. Imperials be warned. I'm coming for you. All of you.

BIGwooly

- 27th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

I can scarcely contain my excitement tonight. After several rough days, I'm feeling good.

This morning, after writing in my journal, I set out for an island in a cold, icy sea. It has been months and months since I last saw this island. My previous visit left me clinging to life. But today would be different. I could feel it.

After securing my horse at the shipwreck I took the small rowboat out onto open water. I made good time, thanks to my excitement no doubt. I was nervous. That much was certain. But I felt confident as well. The last time I faced this wraith I not nearly as skilled in fighting. My armor was less impressive as well. And now I had some new powers I could rely on, in addition to a new potion. So my nervousness was accompanied by genuine excitement. Not so much that I would kill the wraith, but that I would finally embark on a journey to bring the imperials to their knees.

I reached the island around noon. The weather couldn't have been better. There were some clouds in the sky .. there are always clouds in the sky in Skyrim ... but the sun was shining brightly and there was no biting wind or curtain of snow flurries to blind me. It was a perfect day for battle.

I ate my lunch, some grilled leaks and a chicken breast, while going over the battle plan in my head. I had a tree sap potion that would strengthen my health for a short time, as well as the potion Ulfric's man gave me to lessen frost damage. The effects of each potion would only last a minute or less, so I would need to maximize their use.

My plan was to sneak in as close as possible with my mace and shield stowed. Then, when I felt I couldn't risk getting any closer, I would poison my mace with the ice wraith bane, and take the other two potions for myself. The moment I was done with that I would draw my mace and my shield and head straight for a confrontation with the wraith. I was prepared to use my ethereal shout if the wraith started getting the better of me. This would give me a few moments to recover a bit, as well as drink a health-restoring potion.

My plan was set, and the ice wraith lay ahead of me.

icewraithlair.jpg

Despite my solid plan, the ice wraith was still not an easy opponent. Wraiths move so quickly and erratically that they are not only hard to attack, but nigh impossible to block as well. Partway into the fight I decided to abandon blocking with my shield, and instead focused on just connecting with my mace. The strategy worked, and a minute later the wraith was dead. I had done it.

With a giant smile on my face I made my way back to Windhelm. It was evening by the time I arrived, and I considered bedding down at the inn and seeing Ulfric's man in the morning, but my excitement was too much.

I made my way to the jarl's hall and immediately found Galmar. He was speaking to Ulfric about a crown he wanted to retrieve. Apparently this crown has been worn by kings past, and carries with it some of their power. Ulfric and Galmar spoke for a bit, and then the jarl granted Galmar leave to retrieve the helmet.

Galmar was surprised to see me. No doubt he fully expected the ice wraith to kill me. I made sure to leave out the part where it nearly did, so many months ago.

I was invited to join the stormcloaks, and readily said yes. Galmar had me swear an oath, and I've never uttered words with such intent in my life. I'm ready to fight for Skyrim and bring punishment to the empire.

But all of that will have to wait for now. Galmar has deemed that retrieving this helmet is of utmost importance, and he has asked me to join him on this quest. I'm only hoping we at least come across some legion soldiers on the way.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Sjadbek is very happy for and proud of Hrisskar and wants to buy him a mug of victory mead. (Preferably Black-Briar Reserve, at that.) "Actually, let me buy three mugs. Two for you, and one as an offering to Talos."

I also find it oddly appropriate that it was summertime when he beat the ice wraith.

BIGwooly

- 29th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

The gods have grant my wish. What a glorious quest I've been on. I feel so alive.

I met up with Galmar and several other stormcloaks outside of the old ruin Korvanjund. I actually arrived before them and was heading down into the ruin when a legion soldier stopped me and ordered me to leave. I was glad I was wearing my own armor and hand't switched to the stormcloak armor. I turned and left the snotty brat behind me, and a smile crept across my face. I knew this fellow would be dead by the end of the day.

Once I found Galmar and his troops, he gave an energized speech and got us all raving for imperial blood. I didn't need the motivation, but it didn't hurt either. I could almost taste the coming screams of mercy.

We moved as one down into the ruin, completely taking the imperial garrison off guard. Galmar led his contingent against the first sword-wielding soldiers at the bottom. I noticed a trio of archers up on some stairs on our flank, so I split from the group and went after them. Having good experience under my belt now I know how dangerous it can be to take archer fire while in a deadly melee brawl.

The archers spotted me coming up the stairs but it was too late for them. I let out a mighty shout and sent all three of them tumbling through the air like pebbles down a raging river. I sprinted to the first before he could even gather his wits and put my mace through his skull. The second had just gotten to his feet when I reached him. He drew his sword but never had the chance to use it as I struck him with my shield and finished him with my mace. I was ready to send the third to oblivion when I noticed he was already dead, perhaps from my shout? I'm not really sure, except for the fact that he was dead.

The battle was still raging below me and I hadn't gotten my fill just yet. I jumped down from the stairway right into the midst of flying steel. My ears were filled with yells and screams and clanging metal. But I barely noticed. I was in a fever for the heads of these imperials. I smashed them with my shield and pummeled them with my mace. They fell to my left and fell to my right.

We pushed inside the ruin and found more imperials waiting. I rushed ahead, using my shout once again to knock them off their feet and rob them of their senses. The other stormcloaks swept in behind me and we waded through the ranks of the imperials like they were nothing but air. I was giddy with the violence, in a trance of sorts .. mesmerized by their falling bodies. I couldn't get enough of it. This was the antithesis to feeling the loss of my father .. the loss of my friends .. the loss of my previous life. This was my vengeance .. my retribution .. my salvation.

Further inside we pushed, cutting down one imperial after another. I was soaked in their blood and loving every second of it. I felt like a child at carnival in the summer. I was free and alive and every imperial that fell before me spurned me to find the next.

We eventually came to a narrow corridor and Galmar was sure that the imperials were waiting for us on the other side. He wanted to foil their trap by getting around behind them. No doubt he had noticed, perhaps with some amount of unease, my smile behind my steel plate helmet as I pounded each legion soldier to the ground. He sent me ahead to find a way around the corridor, and I gladly accepted. I had grown tired of sharing the shedding of imperial blood as it was. I wanted them for myself.

I used a side passage and worked my way into the room where the soldiers were waiting for us. Galmar had been correct. I could have used a bow at this point, as I was high above them, but it was too impersonal. My mace would be much more appropriate. I wanted to see the life as it left their eyes.

I spent the next several minutes sneaking all the way around and got right up behind one of the soldiers. With any luck I would kill him outright and draw the others in the room up the stairs behind me. I would have my voice waiting for them.

As planned, all it took was one mighty swing of my mace to crush this nord traitor's spine and bring his comrades running. I stood and awaited their arrival. So eager were they to rush to me and spill my blood. I nearly laughed at them. Galmar and the others were running into the room now, and right on time. I unleashed my voice as the imperials reached the top of the stairs, and they flew back down in a tangled mess of arms and legs.

I ran to them and began dealing out blows before they could even figure out what had hit them. The other stormcloaks joined in and we made short work of those imperial thugs.

With our spirits high we continued further into the ruin. We found an old door that reminded me of the one in Bleak Falls. There was a dead imperial on the ground next to it and I spotted a claw next to him. The fool had tried to open the door but didn't know how. A trap had killed him. I set the door dials correctly and placed the claw in it's place and opened the door. We continued.

After battling our way through draugr of all varieties, we finally came to a room of distinction. There was a raised area and set at it's back end was a throne of sorts, and a draugr sat lifeless in the throne. Galmar sent the others to check the room for the crown but I knew better. The crown would be with the draugr on the throne, and he would no doubt be unwilling to part with it nicely.

jaggedcrowndraugrthrone.jpg

I readied an arrow in my bow and let him have it. The draugr rose to his feet as I hit him with a second arrow. Two more draugr burst from tombs on either side of the throne. Galmar and the stormcloaks rushed into the fight as I found an angle where I could use my shout of force. I sent all three draugr flying, and we pressed our attack against them.

Within a few minutes we had killed both of the lesser draugr and lost one of our own. Galmar and I and the remaining stormcloak focused together on the draugr deathlord.

He was a worthy opponent, however. One cut from his sword left me in trouble, and I knew a second would surely finish me off. Before I knew it the other stormcloak lay dead on the ground and Galmar himself was having trouble staying on his feet. I continued using my voice and my mace, but the draugr refused to die. Galmar and I did our best to fight the fiend in waves, leaving each other a bit of time to recover.

And then, as I was charging in to give Galmar a rest, the draugr king shouted at me. I was surprised by it, and was equally surprised to find my mace torn from my grasp. I heard it clatter around behind me, but the room was dark and I couldn't find it. Nevermind the fact that I had an angry draugr in pursuit.

jaggedcrowndraugr.jpg

I regained my strength just in time and unleashed my own shout against the evil creature. With him momentarily out of action I ran to the nearest body, that of one of the other draugr, and ripped the ancient sword from his hands.

The fight continued for at least another hour, and I was required to use a health potion on two occasions. Galmar himself nearly died multiple times, as did I. It was a battle of the ages, and it seemed like it might never be won. In the end it was Galmar's hand that ended the fight, and I was thankful for that.

We found the crown on the draugr and I also found another wall with the ancient language on it. I learned a new word, which I will put to the test soon. I feel as if this power will allow me to control time itself somehow. A valuable power indeed.

As it is, I have just awoken after getting some sleep on a bedroll inside the ruin. I must now return to Windhelm with the crown for Ulfric. I only hope he rewards me with a mission to cut down more imperial soldiers.

BIGwooly

Sjadbek is very happy for and proud of Hrisskar and wants to buy him a mug of victory mead. (Preferably Black-Briar Reserve, at that.) "Actually, let me buy three mugs. Two for you, and one as an offering to Talos."

I also find it oddly appropriate that it was summertime when he beat the ice wraith.

I gladly accept both mugs!

BIGwooly

- 29th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

Well, instead of traveling back to Windhelm I decided to visit Whiterun first instead. Whiterun was actually closer, and I had a good bit to sell. As it happens, I'm very glad I changed my mind. The armorer in Whiterun had a set of dwarven gauntlets that were enchanted with powerful magic. They cost me nearly three thousand septims, but their enhancement of my abilities with my mace will surely prove more useful than having those coins in my pocket.

Afterwards I returned to the ruin and gathered up some armor from the imperials we had slain. I took nothing from my own fallen comrades, not one piece of gold or one bottle of ale. Those men died honorably for Skyrim and deserve to take everything with them to Sovngarde.

On my way to Windhelm I came across a khajit caravan. I was excited at first, hoping that perhaps Kharjo was with them and I could say hello. But he was not. It was still a gift from the gods, as the khajit were willing to purchase everything I had for sale. Because of this I was able to go back to Korvanjund and gather some additional items for sale, which I have sold in Windhelm tonight.

I have also visited Ulfric, who bid me to take his axe to the jarl in Whiterun. It would seem there may be war between the two cities if the Jarl Balgruuf doesn't accept Ulfric's gesture. I hope he accepts, as we need every able nord available to fight the imperials. I suppose tomorrow I will find out one way or another.

bulbaquil

Afterwards I returned to the ruin and gathered up some armor from the imperials we had slain. I took nothing from my own fallen comrades, not one piece of gold or one bottle of ale. Those men died honorably for Skyrim and deserve to take everything with them to Sovngarde.

I don't play with many restrictions, but that's one of the few I do play with. No looting your side, once you've taken sides.

BIGwooly

- 30th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

It has been an interesting day to say the least. I left Windhelm this morning to deliver Jarl Ulfric's axe to Jarl Balgruuf. Around mid-morning I passed a legion party with a prisoner. In days past I would have weighed my options, but being a stormcloak I've discovered a new sort of freedom. I didn't even think twice about what to do. My required action was obvious.

I rode past them to ensure they weren't alerted by my presence. This also allowed me to hide my horse safely in some bushes nearby. Once I had done this I was back on the road, walking briskly to catch up with the soldiers.

As I approached they grew suspicious, and warned me away. Undeterred I marched right up to the prisoner and broke his bindings. If I had a spare weapon I would have given it to him, but I did not. Within seconds chaos reigned. The soldiers were attacking me and the prisoner was beating on them with his fists, and the soldiers were attacking the prisoner. I spoke the words of force and sent all of them into the air, prisoner included. I will have to work on my precision in the future.

The fight continued as I blocked their blows and returned my own. It was three of them and one of me, and I felt no fear at all. Talos surely guides my mace these days. I have vowed to pray at his temple from now on whenever I am near it. I owe him that much if not everything.

The trained brutes continued to hack at me with their inferior imperial steel, and one by one they crumbled underneath my mace. I felt the burden of the prisoner's loss, but I also felt joy for the three bodies that lay at my feet. I almost feel as if I could take on the imperial army itself right now. Oh, if only that were Talos' plan for me.

Once in Whiterun I visited a few stores to sell some goods and check out their inventory. Then I headed up to visit with the jarl. To my surprise he did not accept the axe, and it seems he and Ulfric will cross paths in the unfortunate way.

Tonight I get some rest in Whiterun. Tomorrow I return Ulfric's axe. Then we shall see what happens next.

bulbaquil

Isn't Fus Ro Dah empowering? One month ago, game-time, Hrisskar was getting beaten up by ice wraiths and all sorts of nasty things; now he's talking about fighting the entire Legion himself if they dared show their faces to him.

BIGwooly

Isn't Fus Ro Dah empowering? One month ago, game-time, Hrisskar was getting beaten up by ice wraiths and all sorts of nasty things; now he's talking about fighting the entire Legion himself if they dared show their faces to him.

I only wonder if this new-found power and confidence is going to bring him down at some point. d;-)

BIGwooly

- 1st of Sun's Height, 4E 202 -

Last night I stayed at The Bannered Mare in Whiterun. I didn't sleep that well, and my bed was just fine. No .. I had a lot on my mind last night. I really like Jarl Balgruuf, and I was surprised that he refused to accept Ulfric's axe. Balgruuf had always struck me as a true nord of Skyrim, not an imperial sympathizer. Ulfric will not be happy with the news I bring.

And if I didn't have enough on my mind with stormcloaks and imperials, I ran into Delphine at the bar of The Bannered Mare last night. She reminded me to meet her in Riverwood, and I nodded my head absently. I certainly plan to, but things are complicated now. We cannot fight the dragon threat while our land is still divided between imperial occupiers and stormcloak natives. The legion must be driven out first. Then we can unite against this ancient evil and put it to rest.

This morning Delphine was gone .. either sleeping late in a rented room or on her way to Riverwood. Whichever, it doesn't matter, I have my orders. I'm returning the axe to Ulfric. War is coming.

BIGwooly

- 1st of Sun's Height, 4E 202 -

As evening draws to a close in Windhelm I draw closer to a battle in Whiterun. In the morning, on the orders of Ulfric himself, I am to ride to Whiterun and join up with Galmar. We will be storming the city gates. I almost cannot believe it. I truly wish Balgruuf had accept the axe. My only hope is that he reconsiders when we show our force at his door.

I spent a few hours upstairs at the inn tonight, mostly just lost in my thoughts. There was a man talking about dark elves and just annoying me. I told him I didn't like his attitude and he challenged me to a fist fight. He even put a hundred gold on the line. I would have taken his offer but he was obviously drunk and I have more important things to do than beat up an intoxicated fool.

When the sun rises in the morning I will pray at Talos' temple, and then head to war.

bulbaquil

With the Battle for Whiterun fast approaching, I was wondering:

How are you going to apply your rules for dying in a battle situation, when your objectives could conceivably be accomplished by comrades while you lay on the ground in severe injury?

BIGwooly

With the Battle for Whiterun fast approaching, I was wondering:

How are you going to apply your rules for dying in a battle situation, when your objectives could conceivably be accomplished by comrades while you lay on the ground in severe injury?

The rules don't change. d;-)