New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Wait, I gave you a ranter rating? I'm so sorry if I did, I'm on my kindle and it's really touchy. No hard feelings, this is a great thread!

Lol np yea I thot must be a mistake lol :)

JayW

Some of this doesn't sound too bad. I figure the new levelling system allows you to get every single perk there is in the game - which for console players like me is actually quite cool. My only worry is that it might ruin some of my best thralls. NPCs that pass level 40 cannot be raised with the dead thrall spell when you pass certain level boundaries. For some this happens when your character passes level 34 (like Vyrthur or Ulfric). I tend to play necromage and this could seriously undermine my army of the undead.

Ah to hell with it. I suppose it can't hurt to try something new.

scarey

Lydia is still hiding too many sweetrolls somewhere. Cannot give her so much as a carrot!
Still have lots of miscellaneous objectives for things I've completed still showing.

Both of these were supposed to be fixed? (PS3)

It's looking more and more like a "best when starting a new game" patch, my game seems to freeze a lot more often now. Uttering Hills Camp still has no leader to kill.

Nighthiker77

Conjuration will be the first thing I reset. With some cost reduction gear, the only real difference should be no twin souls and shorter duration, but 1 DL or storm atronach will still get it done.

You won't lose your spells, just the perks. I've never Leveled past 66 or so this will be interesting

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
I Personally took offense to Camilla, Sven and Fendal, (until the update i kinda didnt mind Lucan, But Now I Hate Him To) I Just got the impression that Camilla is there to reap the fruits of her brother Lucan's labours, while getting some perverted kick out of keeping Sven and Fendal hanging, Sven though, he say's hes a baird, i took time out of my dragonslaying to listen to him in the Sleeping Giant, And trust me, he can not sing for plops, and he doesnt do ANYTHING productive in the village on a day to day basis apart from wallow in self pity about Camilla, that was his 3 strikes, as for Fendal, all authorities would agree that Elves are ment to be clever?....no? well why wouldnt fendal, who clearly is quite intelligent to come up with the idea to fake a letter to Camilla that shows Sven In a bad light, have realised that Camilla's just stringing the both of them along?...also, he can only teach to level 50 of archery, hes a wood elf isnt he??? hes one of the finest archers in Tamrial now??? why is he such a plops teacher then?? that was his 3 strikes...

To solve this issue i thought long and hard.......................
(While in my room in the Sleeping Giant,
Drinking a Glass of The Curiour's Blood i might add,
And listening to Svens Monotonous Droning...sorry....SINGING...)

I Firstly took the letter to Camilla, so as to have Fendal as a follower,
Used his training skills as much as possible until he could train me no more, thus fullfilling his usfullness..
Asked him to carry my gear as much as possible so i could retrieve my traing-spend Gold..
^Another Strike For Fendal, if he was as clever as most elves he'd realise i fleeced him for the training Gold...^
I then Proceeded To Riften and purchased an AMULET OF MARA and returned to ask Camilla To Marry Me...
Our Wedding took Place And she moved into my Mansion In the Pale....
Where I decided the time was right to let her into my own biggest secret....
Using Vampires Seduction On Her, I Bit her on the neck, (thus making her my Sex Slave....ERRR!.....THRALL....)
I returned to Riverwood, and Snuck into Svens House,
Became the Vampire Lord I am and SLAUGHTERED him and his Mother (Incase she spawned me Sven's)
Asked Fendal To follow me to the Shrine Of Boethiea, and Sacrificed Him in the Good Ladie's Name...

Problem Solved, Riverwood is cleansed of Clever Acting, Stupid, Petty, Useless and Lazy People...

Only Lucan To deal with now.....and My characters hungey....

:)

Shadow King

I Personally took offense to Camilla, Sven and Fendal, (until the update i kinda didnt mind Lucan, But Now I Hate Him To) I Just got the impression that Camilla is there to reap the fruits of her brother Lucan's labours, while getting some perverted kick out of keeping Sven and Fendal hanging, Sven though, he say's hes a baird, i took time out of my dragonslaying to listen to him in the Sleeping Giant, And trust me, he can not sing for pl***, and he doesnt do ANYTHING productive in the village on a day to day basis apart from wallow in self pity about Camilla, that was his 3 strikes, as for Fendal, all authorities would agree that Elves are ment to be clever?....no? well why wouldnt fendal, who clearly is quite intelligent to come up with the idea to fake a letter to Camilla that shows Sven In a bad light, have realised that Camilla's just stringing the both of them along?...also, he can only teach to level 50 of archery, hes a wood elf isnt he??? hes one of the finest archers in Tamrial now??? why is he such a pl*** teacher then?? that was his 3 strikes...

To solve this issue i thought long and hard.......................
(While in my room in the Sleeping Giant,
Drinking a Glass of The Curiour's Blood i might add,
And listening to Svens Monotonous Droning...sorry....SINGING...)

I Firstly took the letter to Camilla, so as to have Fendal as a follower,
Used his training skills as much as possible until he could train me no more, thus fullfilling his usfullness..
Asked him to carry my gear as much as possible so i could retrieve my traing-spend Gold..
^Another Strike For Fendal, if he was as clever as most elves he'd realise i fleeced him for the training Gold...^
I then Proceeded To Riften and purchased an AMULET OF MARA and returned to ask Camilla To Marry Me...
Our Wedding took Place And she moved into my Mansion In the Pale....
Where I decided the time was right to let her into my own biggest secret....
Using Vampires Seduction On Her, I Bit her on the neck, (thus making her my Sex Slave....ERRR!.....THRALL....)
I returned to Riverwood, and Snuck into Svens House,
Became the Vampire Lord I am and SLAUGHTERED him and his Mother (Incase she spawned me Sven's)
Asked Fendal To follow me to the Shrine Of Boethiea, and Sacrificed Him in the Good Ladie's Name...

Problem Solved, Riverwood is cleansed of Clever Acting, Stupid, Petty, Useless and Lazy People...

Only Lucan To deal with now.....and My characters hungey....

:)
I

I love that post lol, got a question where do u get the dead thrall spell from I have never had a thrall except the vampire quests :sadface: do they become ure thrall for a couple mins or forever im not well rehearsd in conjuration/necromancy lol

Bone Of The Foz

This Is most probably ment to be in the guide/help/solition part but humour me a second, please...

I have a partially tested, working solution to the to theRiften Speech, Lucan Gold Embargo, and having nowhere to bulk sell plundered goods...errr.....issue...

As this Issue is more often than not going to cause issue to people who are starting new characters and run throughs I Believe after an afternoon of tinkering with several previous saves etc i have hit upon a solution to this,

Before you start your new character, **THIS IS IMPORTANT**
If your on Xbox Ill Guide You Indepth but as to ps3/PC users you will most probably know what to do by the Xbox thoery, as i dont have skyrim on pc/ps3 i cant give detailed instructions....

But Yeh, before starting a new game,
start your xbox and when on the Dashboard, go allong to the account/settings area
access your memory units
find "Skyrim" and delete the latest patch, (again doing this on PS3/PC should have same results in theory)
sign out (disconnect) console/pc from internet
Load up skyrim and start your new game,
once the helgin stuffs out the way head out to Riften by means of the carrige at whiterun,
Id recommend getting 400+ gold saved up or items to that value, when in riften sell these
Go to the meadery and power level your speech,
Now if you dont want to powerlevel smithing or enchanting you dont have to, but if you want to be finacially secure
and not have to worry about gold this is the best method..
After you have done the speech exploit, wait until night fall outside the meadery and beware of vampires as you will be around lvl 17....and vampires will start randomly appearing...
Sneak around the town centre in riften and break into Grelka's stall and madesi's stall (Display case)
Grelka usually has atleast 3 enchanted items take these and empty her strong box
same at madesi's unlock the display case and use your aiming aid to aim about 45 digrees downwards
jump up and down whle sneaking, and nick 1 ring/neckless at a time out of the case while watching the "Eye"
once this is done, head over to the pawned prawn
sneak down the stairs behind the counter and rob the safe for more highish value stuff, possibly a dagger of soul trap,
finally head to the blacksmiths and sneak firstly downstairs and "Procure" the ingots and leather, then head to the
blacksmiths bedroom and loot his safe.
head back to Riverwood, sell items to lucan to the tune of 500 gold and invest in him
he will have the 11000 gold due to the patch being deleted
sell the remainder of the valuables except for the enchanted items, (if these are for sneaking/carrying/soultrap) if not sell those to..
Buy from lucan with your money's any ingots (ebony/iron) and soul gems (lesser/common/petty/greater if u can aford grand go for it)
keep buying iron, leather, leather strips, soul gems until your carry wieght is nearly exceeded,
head to the standing stones and apply warrior stone, the return to riverwood and sleep in the sleeping giant
had out and smith Leather Armor and Iron Daggers (and if you have A sneak enchanted item to disenchant) Leather bracers until you can make no more of any,
sell your armour to Lucan, Keep The daggers (well the same amount of daggers/bracers as you have soul gems)
head to the stones at put the mage one on, goto Anice's Cabin, and murder Anise, use her enchanting table to put suitable enchantments on the daggers/bracers (daggers - fire/soultrap/If ur lucky Banishing/bracers - archery/carry)

return to riverwood sell everything you enchanted to Lucan so you have more funds to repeat the above buying/smithing/enchanting steps, i give it 3-4 hours and both smithing/enchanting will be 100
and you will have more money than sense,

P.S Lucan will often have 1,2,3 or even 4 Ebony ingots, if you have money to buy these do it every time, as when u reach level 80 smithing you can make Ebony Daggers with 1 ingot + 1 leather strip, and 100 ebony is more than enough to power level from 80-100 in minutes, plus are worth a fortune when even the smallest , simplest enchantments are added :)

after you have this done, and are happy with your gold pool, save your game, and switch off your console etc, re-pluggin your interweb connection, start the game, update, and you have plops loads of cash plus the update :)
if your wondering what to do with your plundered stuff, i recommend buying a house, seperate the diffrent base items into class's like this,
- Appearls (including sheilds, DRagon Priest masks and uniques no jewelry)
- Weapons (including Staffs to save space)
- Potions (I tend to just hord health/stamina/magica, and skill enhancing potions like marksmen/one handed etc)
- alchemy Ingrediants (no food unless you want to)
- Smithing/building (ingots/hides/bones/glass etc)
- Soul Gem's (including empty ones if you want)
- Valuables (Gem stones\Dragon Claws\Jewelry\Circlets and other valueable items)
once you have this and a house to store them in put these items into seperate containers, potions in one, weapons in another, i tend to just keep unique weapons, armor,and things (disenchant ones you need the enchantments for etc),
and keep one container for "Sellable Stuff" items you find/loot/steal that are valuable to sell, anything worth gold, potions/enchanted weapons and armor etc
keep only unenchanted weapons, armors and rings etc and hord them so you have a ready supply of anything you need or fancy changing to in future,

as for the Sellable Stuff, id recomend either getting the Thieves Guild to full strength or perhaps better and faster, heading to winterhold College and selling to the various instructors, firstly buying up all there soul gems, and taking the gold back by selling your unwanted gear as theres around 6-7 instructers there who all sell exspensive soul gems and books etc there for unburdening you and giving you a decent wedge of gold to boot

A Long solution but a potentually useful one :)

Bone Of The Foz

[QUOTEI love that post lol, got a question where do u get the dead thrall spell from I have never had a thrall except the vampire quests :sadface: do they become ure thrall for a couple mins or forever im not well rehearsd in conjuration/necromancy ][/QUOTE]

Theres a quest in dawnguard where if you get married before beating the expansion, Vignamo or whatever his name is gives you it, its a side quest for the vampires, he will say hes learned you recently got married and will suggest you turn your spouce, i just used the same method for that to turn Camilla, i hit her with Vamp Seduction, and fed on her, as in the quest she is turned and thanks you for the "GIFT" lol

Bone Of The Foz

in additon to that solution above, id like to add if you decide to build a house, build, furnish etc the house completely,
go to you other house and clear all the horded stuff out, equip a bow and arrows, and draw an arrow and simply walk about in the aim position, (its faster than the over burdened walking) head to a stable, buy a horse, mount it and fast travel to you new house, (simple way to transfer your horded stuff from house to house :)

JayW

I

I love that post lol, got a question where do u get the dead thrall spell from I have never had a thrall except the vampire quests :sadface: do they become ure thrall for a couple mins or forever im not well rehearsd in conjuration/necromancy lol

I think Bone of the Foz is thinking of Vampire's Seduction - Dead Thrall is the permanent version of reanimation spells in the Conjuration School.

To get the dead thrall spell you need to be a high level conjurer. The spell only becomes available after completing the conjuration ritual spell mission from Phinis Gestor (available at level 90 in conjuration). Levelling Conjuration in a legit way is a total pain if you insist on playing legit. You get next to no exp from using most conjuration spells.

Spoiler* A quick levelling method is to get your spell casting cost to zero (through enchanting) and use the soul trap spell on a dead body or on your horse. Dual cast away for about 10-20 minutes and you'll level quickly.

Dead thrall essentially makes any NPC who you've killed your dead slave. They will fight alongside you like disposable followers (you can arm and equip them as you see fit) and if you want them to carry anything then just kill them, store your junk and resurrect them. Dead Thralls are supposed to be permanent but they have a tendancy to disappear whenever the location of where you captured them respawns - though they shouldn't disappear if you keep them in view on any quick saves.

Some thralls retain their abilities. Ulfric for instance will fus ro dah after he is thralled but he cannot be thralled after you have levelled too high (34 cap). Other unique thralls will summon gargoyles, seekers, throw exploding spiders and such like. Orchendor is a great first thrall as he doesn't disappear, he continues to use his ability to warp in battle and he doesn't level past the dead thrall cap.

If you like facing the legions on your own then dead thrall is probably not for you. If you like watching NPC's fight each other in battle then it can be fun to pit NPCs you don't like against each other. You can use thralls as meat shields, berserkers, long distance archers / casters or simply for amusing conversation (a couple will make funny comments after death). Most moan but quite a few don't.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I do have my ethernet cable unplugged so this patch is not going to get into my PS3 till I got everything I need to face RECESSION in Skyrim. Yeahhh, there is freaking RECESSION in Skyrim. Freaking Lucas do not have enough money anymore to buy stuff from us. There are more products and less money to buy them and that is exactly a perfect sign of RECESSION.
Once I get everything that I need, I won’t have the need to go from town to town selling my stuff. So from that moment on, every single person in the game that come up with a freaking attitude is going to taste death. Check again in 2 weeks to find out WHAT HAS BEEN THE WORSE AND EVIL think you’ve done in Skyrim ? You will see what I did ... lol ... :bluedragon:

JayW

I do have my ethernet cable unplugged so this patch is not going to get into my PS3 till I got everything I need to face RECESSION in Skyrim. Yeahhh, there is freaking RECESSION in Skyrim. Freaking Lucas do not have enough money anymore to buy stuff from us. There are more products and less money to buy them and that is exactly a perfect sign of RECESSION.
Once I get everything that I need, I won’t have the need to go from town to town selling my stuff. So from that moment on, every single person in the game that come up with a freaking attitude is going to taste death. Check again in 2 weeks to find out WHAT HAS BEEN THE WORSE AND EVIL think you’ve done in Skyrim ? You will see what I did ... lol ... :bluedragon:

The Riverwood Trader glitch should have been left in the game. I'm surprised they took away two of people's favourite exploits (the gold boost and the Oghma trick) before removing all of the bugs and glitches that plague people's games. If you want to sell stuff then it might be worth completing all of the Thieves' Guild quests. Once completed, the Khajit Caravans carry 4750 in gold and with all of the new traders in the Ratways you can clear about 7K worth of goods per visit (or about 11K if you include Riften traders). If you want to vent and sell stuff at the same time then killing or attacking shopkeepers and reloading from before your rampage (after buying /selling) is a quick way of restocking shop keepers' inventories and gold supplies.

NB its probably the most annoying thing about skyrim as far as I'm concerned, but hoarding crap takes up memory and affects performance of the game (on console anyway). It started taking about 10 mins for each new area to load for me before I realised what was slowing down the game. Clear your inventory / stored materials of anything you don't need and the game works better, areas load more quickly, fewer glitches occur ...

orca45

Yeah JayW, Bethesda blew it completely. I am waiting for somebody to do dragonborn under the new freaking patch to see what happen in Aprocrypha. I am thinking here that probably this Hermaeus Mora ( Bubba the hut ) is a texan oil owner because his freaking realm looks like a pool of petroleum ... I wonder if he would be the next Lucas with a lot of money to buy our stuff ... if that black pool is oil, I better use my flame spell and burn the entire freaking realm to hell ... lol ... :bluedragon:

Shadow King

I still cant get why they patch over Lucan its not a cheat/exploit like the Oghma, and they still have they invisible chests full of gold/items, so seems they didnt want to patch what they thought as cheats :S

im off to get that dead thrall spell lol.

orca45

We are simply f ... d ShadowKing ! Skyrim is already under the influence of recession, economical disaster. There are thousand of items to sale but not money from merchants to buy them. Soon, there will not jobs, that is why Camila is desperate to find a husband to support her. Freaking Bubba the Hut Mora, is about to start selling oil in Solstheim and the Jarls are about to start another war. Those freaking Greybeards don’t give a s .. about anything, they are just watching from a distance and playing Solitaire ... to be hones, I am about to start living in Throat of the World with Paarthumax and he better behave or I kill him in no time ... lol ... :blackdragon:

JayW

Might get a bit chilly living on top the throat of the world but at least your heating bill will be low, living with Paarthurnax....

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
so...we can pretty much get infinite perks now? I might have to do the Alteration exploit just to see how high you can level, unless of course someone already knows?

Twiffle

^ alteration exploit, ?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Level Enchanting to reduce the spell cost to 0 get telekinesis & Detect Life, pick up pot in Solitude cast Detect life takes all of 10 minutes, turn skill legendary and repeat. ( I have a character made for testing glitches and such I'm going to see how high I can get his level)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts