New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

^ ok mate thanks for that,

JayW

Level Enchanting to reduce the spell cost to 0 get telekinesis & Detect Life, pick up pot in Solitude cast Detect life takes all of 10 minutes, turn skill legendary and repeat. ( I have a character made for testing glitches and such I'm going to see how high I can get his level)

I was playing about with the Fortify Restoration Glitch a while back and discovered that it can be used for speed leveling like no other glitch or exploit. If you use the glitch to make a super crafting ring (Fortify Alchemy and Fortify Smithing - I call mine Kraftwerk) then you can use it to level your smithing from 15 to 100 with every iron dagger you sharpen or to level alchemy from 15 to 100 with every potion you brew. Might save you nine and a half minutes every time you want to level.

Personally I wouldn't recommend this (it kind of takes all the fun out of the game). But maybe you just want a character with every perk and don't have endless free time to play it the right way.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
We are simply f ... d ShadowKing ! Skyrim is already under the influence of recession, economical disaster. There are thousand of items to sale but not money from merchants to buy them. Soon, there will not jobs, that is why Camila is desperate to find a husband to support her. Freaking Bubba the Hut Mora, is about to start selling oil in Solstheim and the Jarls are about to start another war. Those freaking Greybeards don’t give a s .. about anything, they are just watching from a distance and playing Solitaire ... to be hones, I am about to start living in Throat of the World with Paarthumax and he better behave or I kill him in no time ... lol ... :blackdragon:

Hahaha, yea those greybeards are lazy bastards, sitting on top of there mountain waiting for food handouts all the time. I couldnt live with Paarthunax he would get me all paranoid by repeatedly saying ure right not to trust me its in a dragons will to be a bad motherfuka, I would just kill him lol, yes there 100% will be chaos from this new Skyrim economy, the dragonborn single handed sold all merchants 80% of there stuff what they going to do now, imagine the food shortages, hunters will face the death penalty for hunting the jarls deer, all deer and elk will be exstinct within a few years mark my words, those cannibals will be fine the whole what 5 or 6 of them, the last time Skyrim faced food shortages they ate all the non nord kids and all the babies but hey we all know that fact. no wonder toilets were removed from Skyrim they didn't have to plops because there was no food.

Oh yea the oil that herma mora is a greedy guy, we should get in touch with Sheogorah about this lol.

sticky runes

Wow I am glad that is fixed, I only do that quest cause I hate hearing everyone complain about not sleeping. That bug has been around for a while too, took them long enough.

that quest needs to be finished in order to become thane of Dawnstar and buy the property (if you have hearthfire) But I must admit, I never saved in that dungeon, because I always had a follower with me, and they can't enter the temple, they have to wait outside, so I avoided saving in case they got killed by a dragon or something!

sticky runes

In Dragonborn, when you defeat Miraak, you get access to a book that allows perk resets. Does that part of the game become useless once you have the 1.9 patch?

Shadow King

In Dragonborn, when you defeat Miraak, you get access to a book that allows perk resets. Does that part of the game become useless once you have the 1.9 patch?

no it goes hand in hand with the legendary skill reset, its a perfect combination, u can reset ure perks by making a skill legendary but to apply the perks to the legendary skill again U would have to grind that skill from 15-100, so really the legendary reset skill is only usefull for increasing level, but the perk reset from (db) is usefull for changing ure character from a mage to warrior for example.

In theory If u increased ure level by using legendary reset skill, a hell of a lot of times U would have enough perk points to fill evry tree making the reset perks from (db) useless or near useless as sometimes u wont want a certain perk like the annoying perk where u do a roll when crouched.

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
I dont know if this is a commonly known thing but on Dragoborn, there is a black book that allows you to Summon a Dremora Merchant, (usually is stocked with Deadric Armor Options, Weapon Options And A Ready Supply Of Deadra Hearts) but if i remember correctly that merchant had maybe 4-5000 Gold Before the patch but it is VERY involved getting that Black Book, ive only found it once

Bone Of The Foz

Gold Pool Size Above Post...I could be wrong there....dont quote me on that lol ^^

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Bone of the Foz : the Dremora black merchant never had 5k to buy from you. At least, for me from the very beginning he only had 2k in his pocket though.

Bone Of The Foz

Thanks Orca, i really couldnt remember the figure, but knew it was higher than most merchants, ive not had that book since the day after dragonborn was released, and at 28, im feeling my age (and dementia...:p) lol

Shadow King

I dont know if this is a commonly known thing but on Dragoborn, there is a black book that allows you to Summon a Dremora Merchant, (usually is stocked with Deadric Armor Options, Weapon Options And A Ready Supply Of Deadra Hearts) but if i remember correctly that merchant had maybe 4-5000 Gold Before the patch but it is VERY involved getting that Black Book, ive only found it once

yea Its handy having a merchant on tap but I usually go for the servent to carry my stuff, usually dragonbones im a hoarder I gotta stop doing tht lol

sticky runes

no it goes hand in hand with the legendary skill reset, its a perfect combination, u can reset ure perks by making a skill legendary but to apply the perks to the legendary skill again U would have to grind that skill from 15-100, so really the legendary reset skill is only usefull for increasing level, but the perk reset from (db) is usefull for changing ure character from a mage to warrior for example.

In theory If u increased ure level by using legendary reset skill, a hell of a lot of times U would have enough perk points to fill evry tree making the reset perks from (db) useless or near useless as sometimes u wont want a certain perk like the annoying perk where u do a roll when crouched.

but i like the roll perk!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Serana still warps from time to time while following me, not much of a problem but the armored troll I bought has jammed me in a hallway a couple of times due to his teleportation issues. I love how they made her decide to pass the time while waiting on us by working on whatever is nearby (tanning rack, workbench, and smelter for example), if there's nothing to work with she'll sit down and wait. This adds more AI as opposed to the NPCs who just stand and randomly say things on occasion.

One issue I still had was with Dawnguard when you return to finish A New Order that Gunmar would be behind one of the closed gates. I wouldn't be able to continue unless you keep coming in and out until Gunmar FINALLY appears in the main area with Sorine and yourself. I tried reloading previous saves, it's something that just happens.

With the legendary skills, it does reset you in that skill that was once 100 to give you your perks back but you can do it many times. So if you have a means to max out a skill very quickly such as Illusion with Muffle or Telekinesis/Detect Life for Alteration, then you can do it multiple times. It adds a number behind the icon under the skill.

I don't quite get the perk resetting thing - does it mean we lose the perks we unlocked, then have to achieve them again?

Have you got any bugged quests that have been fixed? For example, quests that you have finished, but are still showing up in your journal as if unfinished?
Werewolf has been reduced, not removed if you're unaffected but also reduced if you are affected.

Bone Of The Foz

Well it would appear that bethesda have antisipated all us console users plots to remove there update, i have just tried to delete the update, and reload a save from before it was released, and guess what has happen??

FROZEN CONSOLE......ONLY 8 TIMES IN A ROW....

YOU CAN NOT DELETE THIS UPDATE FROM YOUR CONSOLE AND STILL PLAY THE GAME, YOU ALSO NOW HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY ANY DOWNLOADED ADD-ON'S (DRAGONBORN/dAWNGUARD ETC) OR SO IT APPEARS TO ME ATM

ALSO, HAVE DISCOVERED THE FALMER HELMET GLITCH, LINWE'S HOOD GLITCH DO-NOT WORK ANYMORE
MY NICELY WRITTEN GUIDE TO REDICULOUSLY POWERED POTIONS HAS ALSO BEEN PATCHED

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DESTROYING NOT ONLY ALL MY SAVED GAMES,
BUT ALSO MY XBOX, WHICH NOW REFUSES TO LOAD UP SKYRIM AT ALL,
ANY OTHER GAME IT PLAYS FINE, BUT SKYRIM IT WILL NOT LOAD, AND ITS INSTALLED ON THE HARDDRIVE PLUS THE DISC IS FINE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH BETHESDA YOU BUNCH OF fluffING MORONS

Nighthiker77

I'm on PC but i play offline all the time. As long as you've logged in to steam it leaves some kind of cookie that let's you play offline. Sometimes if you crash it out though you have to get online, log in, and go offline for it to work again.

Eta: I have the update and all DLC's

Bone Of The Foz

Well it would appear that bethesda have antisipated all us console users plots to remove there update, i have just tried to delete the update, and reload a save from before it was released, and guess what has happen??

FROZEN CONSOLE......ONLY 8 TIMES IN A ROW....

YOU CAN NOT DELETE THIS UPDATE FROM YOUR CONSOLE AND STILL PLAY THE GAME, YOU ALSO NOW HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY ANY DOWNLOADED ADD-ON'S (DRAGONBORN/dAWNGUARD ETC) OR SO IT APPEARS TO ME ATM

ALSO, HAVE DISCOVERED THE FALMER HELMET GLITCH, LINWE'S HOOD GLITCH DO-NOT WORK ANYMORE
MY NICELY WRITTEN GUIDE TO REDICULOUSLY POWERED POTIONS HAS ALSO BEEN PATCHED

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DESTROYING NOT ONLY ALL MY SAVED GAMES,
BUT ALSO MY XBOX, WHICH NOW REFUSES TO LOAD UP SKYRIM AT ALL,
ANY OTHER GAME IT PLAYS FINE, BUT SKYRIM IT WILL NOT LOAD, AND ITS INSTALLED ON THE HARDDRIVE PLUS THE DISC IS FINE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH BETHESDA YOU BUNCH OF fluffing MORONS

Ok, have now deleted Skyrim from my harddrive and moved my game saves to another memory unit, Re-installed the game and reloaded the disc, the game has Loaded and is asking me to download the update, each time i refuse, i am signed out of Xbox Live, when i do not sign into live and try to load my saved files it freezes upon hitting select on the selected memory unit, and im forced to reset console and internet Router as xbox doesnt recognise it after this "freezing" carry on, (which is even stranger when you think the xbox is actually wire-connected and not wireless..hmmmm!?!)

So i have now reset everything and am not attempting to load up my files again, i arrive at the requested patch, install it this time..........

Ok Patch in, games restarted, annnnnd......we......have......The title menu, i now disconnect from live, try loading my saves.......Nope Froze Again......

Console, Router Reset for 5th time......
Is loading game up yet again, updates allready installed.....
im not disconnecting this time and its letting me load my saved games.....well i say its letting me, i Cnt load any from yesterday, but the last one form the day before the patch came out has loaded.......!?!

BETHESDA, YOUR A BUNCH OF ARSEHOLES, IF I HAD LOST ALL MY SAVE FILES I WOULD PERSONNALLY HAVE CAME AND SHAT ON ALL THE DESKS IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT DIVISION!!!

But i stand by what ive said, theve taken out all the major exploits, made the game boring as you now have to spend litterally years selling and waiting to clear your inventory, or store it all in a box and watch good gold disappear forever, youve made the maximum possible magnitudes for enchantments/potions/smithing lower and added a rediculously over powered difficulty that will be practically useless.... thanks bethesda for ruining the game

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Does the necromage + vampire 25% boost still work?

PelagiusIV

I tried putting in Skyrim, I downloaded the update yesterday, and now I'm getting a message stating "An update is available for this game but the update cannot be located. Please contact xbox.com/support for help." Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? I was thinking about deleting the patch but based on the last few comments seems that will only cause more issues.

Shadow King

Ok, have now deleted Skyrim from my harddrive and moved my game saves to another memory unit, Re-installed the game and reloaded the disc, the game has Loaded and is asking me to download the update, each time i refuse, i am signed out of Xbox Live, when i do not sign into live and try to load my saved files it freezes upon hitting select on the selected memory unit, and im forced to reset console and internet Router as xbox doesnt recognise it after this "freezing" carry on, (which is even stranger when you think the xbox is actually wire-connected and not wireless..hmmmm!?!)

So i have now reset everything and am not attempting to load up my files again, i arrive at the requested patch, install it this time..........

Ok Patch in, games restarted, annnnnd......we......have......The title menu, i now disconnect from live, try loading my saves.......Nope Froze Again......

Console, Router Reset for 5th time......
Is loading game up yet again, updates allready installed.....
im not disconnecting this time and its letting me load my saved games.....well i say its letting me, i Cnt load any from yesterday, but the last one form the day before the patch came out has loaded.......!?!

BETHESDA, YOUR A BUNCH OF ARSEHOLES, IF I HAD LOST ALL MY SAVE FILES I WOULD PERSONNALLY HAVE CAME AND SHAT ON ALL THE DESKS IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT DIVISION!!!

But i stand by what ive said, theve taken out all the major exploits, made the game boring as you now have to spend litterally years selling and waiting to clear your inventory, or store it all in a box and watch good gold disappear forever, youve made the maximum possible magnitudes for enchantments/potions/smithing lower and added a rediculously over powered difficulty that will be practically useless.... thanks bethesda for ruining the game

Oh plops bro tell me if u get up and running it aint fun and games when u mess with a mans/ladys Skyrim, you know when u mentioned over powered potions did u mean the resto glitch I tried it earlyer and it works:S