Never thought I'd say this but,

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Killing stuff on Skyrim is more fun than killing stuff in Call of Duty.

Been taking a break from Skyrim and went back to playing some Call of Duty. You can only kill so many opponents with an RPG or Ballistic Knives or Crossbow before it gets all 'ho-hum' again.

Kudos to Skyrim for making death fun again!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Call of Duty doesn't have near as much variety as Skyrim does, either.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I used to play CoD a lot. Nowadays, I'll just play 1-3 matches against bots, once every two weeks or so. Then I've had enough.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I can play CoD anytime anywhere but only for about 3-4 hours straight. After that I get bored. But I can stay on Skyrim for at least 12 hours straight, any day. Although I may have seen something a dozen or so times on Skyrim, there is a certain allure, a freshness to the event, that I will never be fed up of.

Chadonraz

Never played CoD, but I never used to like games that involved a lot of shooting/killing/blood until Skyrim.
My brother has Star Wars Battlefront for our Xbox (not 360), but I never really got into that. I just kept getting killed. xD

For me part of Skyrim's (well, the TES games' in general) charm is the lack of guns. I don't like those. Bows on the other hand... they're fun. :D
I do like a hunting game we also have for the Xbox, even though it obviously has guns. I'm a horrible, horrible shot, though. I suck at shooting games in general.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Killing stuff on Skyrim is more fun than killing stuff in Call of Duty.

Been taking a break from Skyrim and went back to playing some Call of Duty. You can only kill so many opponents with an RPG or Ballistic Knives or Crossbow before it gets all 'ho-hum' again.

Kudos to Skyrim for making death fun again!
I like it particuly when some Macho Wannabe Bandit tries to kill you when you are an Undead Dragon Devouring Entity and you just stand there and as he is running towards you saying victory or sovngard then you soul trap him and send him to the soul cairn that never gets old

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I only ever play call of duty with my brother in law, seeing it has a co-op mode and most of my games are single player. I don't mind shooting games, but generally if they have a good story like Metro 2033/Last Light.

Vidarr

I dig the Modern Warfare CODs, as well as the original WWII entries, but I too play them primarily for the story (belive it or not).

That being said, I don't even consider them on the same plane as The Elder Scrolls. Games like COD are nice temporary 'release' methods - Skyrim is an all-consuming experience.

LotusEater

I dig the Modern Warfare CODs, as well as the original WWII entries, but I too play them primarily for the story (belive it or not).

That being said, I don't even consider them on the same plane as The Elder Scrolls. Games like COD are nice temporary 'release' methods - Skyrim is an all-consuming experience.

I totally agree, but you would think that a game that focuses on weaponry and killing as much as CoD does would have it all over Skyrim in that department. Not the case as far as I can tell.

As many have said, I too played CoD MW and BOps series for the plot and its great action in context, but they hold little replay value for me. If I do play them I start over every time - I can't just pick a level and do that in itself.
Skyrim is definitely more satisfying for me in its combat. So varied too.
I have always been drawn to swords and sandals over firearms. That said, there are precious few S&S games/movies that I enjoy and are well made - hence firearms dominate both collections.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
I'm a Battlefield player as well as Skyrim, both games are great but its comparing apples to oranges. RP G's and F PS's each bring something totally different to the table, but your right Skyrim rules!

LotusEater

I'm a Battlefield player as well as Skyrim, both games are great but its comparing apples to oranges. RP G's and F PS's each bring something totally different to the table, but your right Skyrim rules!

I love Battlefield too, don't get me wrong, but I've never played an Elder Scrolls game until Skyrim. I just never thought another game would handle combat as well as Battlefield or CoD, let alone an Elder Scrolls game.

Brewman

Do I look worried?

I love Battlefield too, don't get me wrong, but I've never played an Elder Scrolls game until Skyrim. I just never thought another game would handle combat as well as Battlefield or CoD, let alone an Elder Scrolls game.
Different games with different game plays = different experience, but that's the beauty of it. Skyrim is much more interactive and engulfing than just a shoot-um up. Not to take away from the Fps witch I do enjoy, its just the RPG experience is more personal for me.

JClarke1953

My son wants me to get CoD Ghost (XBox) thing is, my suckage on that genre of game is bad. I like sneaking around and stuff, like I have my char do on Skyrim.

I'd like to play with him, as he'll be stateside next March from Okinawa, and he'll be at Cherry Point, his Mom & I 8-hours north of him. But I do suck really bad as far as working the controller, and remembering what does what.

Will getting Ghost be worth it anyhow? I'd mainly get it so I can play and BS with our son while we play. I'm unsure of how it is, or does via single-player. Is it a first person shooter? Or can the camera view be switched as on Skyrim?

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
My son wants me to get CoD Ghost (XBox) thing is, my suckage on that genre of game is bad. I like sneaking around and stuff, like I have my char do on Skyrim.

I'd like to play with him, as he'll be stateside next March from Okinawa, and he'll be at Cherry Point, his Mom & I 8-hours north of him. But I do suck really bad as far as working the controller, and remembering what does what.

Will getting Ghost be worth it anyhow? I'd mainly get it so I can play and BS with our son while we play. I'm unsure of how it is, or does via single-player. Is it a first person shooter? Or can the camera view be switched as on Skyrim?

It is a first person shooter. The Camera view cannot be switched. I'm a PC user myself and just started on the single player. So can't give you anything about that or the storyline, but from what one of my friends said its got a neat story. But then again I cannot say how true that is.

Brewman

Do I look worried?

The big difference will be if he wants to play single or multiplayer. Multiplayer mode you will be playing with guys so good at it you will be lucky to get 15 seconds in before getting killed. After a short time time you will rage quit and put Skyrim back in just like me lol

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
i never thought id say this but since skyrim sometimes il turn down a party or hunting or fishing to play skyrim thats bad lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts