Spoiler Most annoying quest in the game ...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MyNameIsJon

... has got to be A Daedra's Best Friend.

Barbas is very irritating. He's a poor fighter, barks constantly, ruins stealth, and continually bumps up against you, pushing you around the landscape. Yes, that's what I want ... a pain in the @$$ sidekick.

I started this quest several months ago. I did not follow the dog, I just let him go. I think following a dog is stupid.

So, last night, I decided to finally complete this quest. I went to Haemer's Shame and had fun with the vampires, then I get to the Daedra room and there is the dog, fighting the vampires. It was the most ridiculous scene I've ever witnessed. Perhaps if Barbas was a killer looking dog, it would have been better, but he is a mangy mutt, just like the rest of the dogs in this game. Every single one of them is ugly and annoying.

Actually, he didn't do too bad with the vampires, he killed one or two, but as I was to discover later, he sucks against bandits and wolves.

So, all the vampires are killed, mainly thanks to me and my Dremora Lord, then I discover there is a 2nd part to this quest. Not only do I have to drag the dog around, but the 2nd part is on the other side of the world, someplace I've never been close to yet. This game seems to love making you fast travel, because I'm certainly not going to walk 500 miles holding a leash.

That's pretty much when the irritation started. I got tired of being pushed around by Barbas so many times, I got so mad I shot some arrows into him. I wished I could kill him and be done with it.

So, we finally get to the cave and after more irritating behavior from Barbas, I get the axe, then head back to Vile. I listen to his deal and lo and behold my wishes came true! I took the axe and executed Barbas. Not a drop of remorse whatsoever. It felt good. I wanted to reload and do it again.

I found out how many times I got irritated with Barbas along the road. Six times. There were six arrows on his corpse.

Killing Barbas was the best reward I have ever received in this game so far. But, if I had not been so irritated with Barbas, it would not have felt so good to kill him, so I guess the quest was a wash. I ended up chasing my own tail ... like a dog.

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
By the way everyone's talking, I must be the only one who didn't have problems with him. So I spared him.

I think Peryite's quest takes the cake as the most annoying. So many doors. So many loading screens.

El Fonz0

By the way everyone's talking, I must be the only one who didn't have problems with him. So I spared him.

I think Peryite's quest takes the cake as the most annoying. So many doors. So many loading screens.
Agreed. That dungeon has got to be the longest dungeon in all of Skyrim. I also do not hate Barbas. Probably because of his accent.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The radiant quests for the Thieves Guild. Delvin and Vex never give me the ones I actually need!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I got tired of the Alduin's Wall part of the main quest after the first run-through. It always takes Esbern and Delphine about 9 years to haul ass up to the wall in the Blades HQ.

Unit7

The only annoying part I have with Barbas is that following him to the Shrine is a pain in the ass. He will change his mind about where to go a few times.

But once you get to the Shrine... you can just tell him to stay. You don't actually need to bring him with you to get the axe. At least I could just make him wait at the shrine.

Xivia4

Find 30 crimson nirnroots. I hate Blackreach and I hate quests that make me collect x amount of anything.

ambiiientz

Hands down... Thieves Guild radiant quests... even though u can quit the job to get the Hold u want... its still like pulling teeth.

Unit7

Hands down... Thieves Guild radiant quests... even though u can quit the job to get the Hold u want... its still like pulling teeth.

The only radiant quest I like from the Thieves guild are the Bedlam jobs. Easy and gives me an excuse to loot everything. The other quests I just pick up if I am bored and save them until I am going in that area.

You know I have never done the 30 Red Nirnroot. I got it once but I never completed it.

Xivia4

You know I have never done the 30 Red Nirnroot. I got it once but I never completed it.
Ignore it. The reward isn't all that great and you might accidentally find yourself with another find x amount of something quest.

TwintailHellcat

The Kasha of Old Hell
My vote goes to Forbidden Legend. Lots of walking, diving into 3 dungeons in different areas of Skyrim for fragments, then dredging to a 4th when I hadn't explored around the area yet. Having to touch mage questline stuff when wanting to just be a simple thief. There's only words in 2 of the 4 locations. All for a necklace that didn't do much for me.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Barbas was immortal so he was actually quite useful.

Mine would be Discerning the Trasmudane. Maybe because I went to get the Elder Scroll and when I returned, I had to get Blood from all the Elves, going through the Ruin again is annoying. Once I didn't want to go through the ruin, so I had to get blood from all of Skyrim. It took weeks. And most annoying, I had to get Wood Elf blood and it happened before I started the quest, Sven killed Faendal, I couldn't even find him inside the Hall of the Dead

A

Apollyon Yagami

I hate blackreach too, and i agree with Xivia4, collecting those crimson ninroots is the most painful thing in Skyrim, i went to that dark blue hell 3 times, like, collecting 10 or so and waiting respawn. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

ambiiientz

I like Blackreach... it's a break from the norm. There's 44 samples of crimson nirnroot... just listen for that distinct sound.

nogz

Blackreach and every quest that has something to do with the Falmer and their bugs, these things are nasty and scary, hate them. Barbas is annoying but at the end at least you can get a revenge on him, I do it every single time.. also to me the annoying quests are the bugged ones, when you spend 20 minutes typing codes in the console instead of playing..

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Someone said Discerning the Transmundane, I got Dunmer from a dead body in windhelm, I have already arrested the Butcher. The REAL one, I got High Elf fro Aicanter, I got Wood Elf from Aicanters GUARD, I will head back in Blackreach to get Falmer, and I will raid an Orc Stronghold for Orc.

A

Apollyon Yagami

Someone said Discerning the Transmundane, I got Dunmer from a dead body in windhelm, I have already arrested the Butcher. The REAL one, I got High Elf fro Aicanter, I got Wood Elf from Aicanters GUARD, I will head back in Blackreach to get Falmer, and I will raid an Orc Stronghold for Orc.
In the Dwemer Ruin related to this quest, there is an dead orc in there. Do not need to savage the nice ones. hahaha.

MyNameIsJon

But once you get to the Shrine... you can just tell him to stay. You don't actually need to bring him with you to get the axe. At least I could just make him wait at the shrine.

Oh.

I didn't know this.

I thought if I told him I didn't want him following me, it would screw up the quest.:mad: