• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
No, it's been confirmed that your spouse can travel with you and even fight for you. And probably carry some of your stuff for you.
Seriously? Sorry, but that last makes me think of a pack mule XD

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yep, that's what the companions are for >:] Truly an easy way for lazy resource management. But it's not just your spouse. I hear that you can hire some grunts to come with you or something like that. I think it's pretty great for characters who are not good fighters.

Tusck

I generally don't play with companions unless I have too so I don't know how much I would play with this mechanic. Also, I'm deathly afraid of commitment in real life, so if my gf heard I got married in game, I may be in trouble. She never found out about my wife in Fable 2, thank you jesus.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I generally don't play with companions unless I have too so I don't know how much I would play with this mechanic. Also, I'm deathly afraid of commitment in real life, so if my gf heard I got married in game, I may be in trouble. She never found out about my wife in Fable 2, thank you jesus.
ahaha I don't think your girlfriend should be mad about having your character married to pixels. But you can get other form of companions. I heard that you can hire some mercs to be around with you. Could be useful

Mikk

Article Writer
No, it's been confirmed that your spouse can travel with you and even fight for you. And probably carry some of your stuff for you.

That's amazing! It's like an armed pack mule you can have se- I'm kidding! Yeah, I'm going to hell.

I'm all for the new feature though, anything to make the role-playing experience more effective.

Tusck

ahaha I don't think your girlfriend should be mad about having your character married to pixels. But you can get other form of companions. I heard that you can hire some mercs to be around with you. Could be useful

Since I normally play the rague/ranger type, I generally fly solo. I even disliked games like NWN2 and IWD2 because you had to play with a party. I know you ultimately could solo the game, but that was not how it was built. I never used the companions in Fallout 3 either.

Tusck

OMG is this really true? This changes everything. She couldn't totally hold my pots and pans, she could have my weapons in a bag like gold clubs and I'd just call out what I need. This could be more amazing than I thought.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I even disliked games like NWN2 and IWD2 because you had to play with a party.
Word. I also never played “Neverwinter Nights 2” for that same reason.

Tusck

I like being able to make decisions and go with it. I don't want some NPC tag along tell me they would do something else. I always wanted to say screw it, if you don't like it, stay here in this creepy, dangerous dungeon by yourself. Not that would have been a great moral choice.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
My dislike is based in the discomfort that having to look after an NPC gives me. I’m not a nanny, for fuck’s sake ;D

Cole

Mythik
Let’s talk about this new feature. What do you think?

For me its success will depend on whether it is a meaningful addition to the experience or just some little gimmick. Will it change the game? Will other characters treat me differently? Will this relationship play a role in quests? These sort of things. I believe that it has potential but to which degree that potential will be tapped remains to be seen. I’ll be optimistic.
A cool thing to this would be a marriage only quest line maybe? Let's say that your spouse was murdered and you have to track down the murderer and depending on your allegiances and your type of class, it could be some jealous man or woman from the same or opposing factions that wanted you. ;P

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Having your spouse die would definitely be a “What the fuck” moment for most players. I guess it would mostly depend on how well the game managed to have the player care for this NPC wife. But yep, that would be a good example of awesome Radiant Story in action.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Good idea. If homosexuality is widely accepted, why not polygamy? There should be at least two NPCs who would be down with that. Heck, how about two sisters :p ?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If that’s how your marriage works then urdoinitrong :p